Shakes and low calorie meals

Lil'Em31

Hi all, I'm after some advice please. I want to do a meal replacement diet (shakes and soups) but my other half thinks its 'silly' and doesnt want me doing it (hes naturally skinny and its very easy for him to stay slim). Will I still see good results if I have a shake for breakfast and lunch but a calorie controlled dinner? TIA

Hi, you can have 2 shakes and a low calorie meal consisting of protein (chicken fish etc) and either low carb veg or a salad, as long as you keep off the carbs and only have that you will still lose weight.
someone else will hopefully come on with more info :)

With respect george you clearly dont know anything about vlcds

The beauty of VLCD is that your body goes into ketosis. Without this you're going to feel bloomin' hungry all the time!

Well I have been doing the slimfast diet for the last two days so I can have two shakes, three 100 calorie stacks and a 600 calorie meal. So far its going ok :) thanks for your help everyone x

Well, am on exante, and hav been on it since end may. Hav lost 3 stone, hav had 4 weeks holidays in that as well. And enjoyed them :D
Am now back on track again :) finding it not too bad, and u?

Sent from my C5303 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Wow thats amazing. I started slim fast on saturday and I was 13st 10. Its going really well and I dont even seem hungry. I will let u know how first weigh in goes :) x

Well...... i am a bit of a daily weigher :eek: sad i know lol :D and after going away for 5 days last week to newquay, cornwall, i put on 10.5 lb :eek: and that was watching what i ate lol. but have since lost 8.75 lb, so hopefully, will lose the remainder by thurs :D

Be careful Em as Slim Fast isn't a VLCD and won't put you into ketosis. That means that you could end up feeling hungry and you should also make sure that you take vitamins etc to ensure that you're getting enough nutrition. An alternative would be to do a VLCD - with packs which contain the appropriate nutrition and which are low enough carb to put you into ketosis (which means you are less likely to feel hungry). Some VLCDs allow you to replace a pack with a meal. For example, Slim and Save has 4 packs a day or 3 packs and a low carb meal. Their packs are not just shakes but also include porridge, chill, spag bol and soups (to mention just a few).

Hi em,hope everything going ok? I lost 10.5lb!!!!:D, thats all I put on last week,pleased but weighed 3/4 lb less on the day before :mad: we are never satisfied lol:D
Off out 2nite for a meal and a glass of wine or two, as I hav been feeling a bit down and fed up with diet :( so hope that this cheat will help me get back on plan, as I hav another 2-3 stone to go.

Hi Jeannette, hope all is well woth you and you enjoyed your wine :) That is a fantastic loss, well done you!... I went away this weekend to visit some friends which consisted of lots of food and drink. I weighed in at a loss of 5lb yesterday morning but I wouldn't be surprised if all my hard work had been ruined by this weekend. Oh well, I enjoyed it, back on it 100 percent tomorrow. I dont have any events now until the 1st of nov so heres to two perfect weeks!! :) x

Thats great em, :D like I did last week, u will lose anything u put on in no time. I went out friday nite as feeling a bit down, and have been not so good over weekend:( so I also will start afresh tomoro

Hey how are you all getting on with your plans??

I started Herbalife last week so shakes with a 600 calorie meal.

Think I need to get some good menus together for low carb high protein 600 calorie meals cos I have been eating savoury rice with vegetebles - have loads due to a stint in Slimming World!!

Dxxx

Back