Total Solution Shakes past use by date

steeleee

Silver Member
I restarted TS recently, and was using up the last of my other packs before opening the new box. I made a banana shake but noticed it didnt smell like normal, and then found the pack said the use by date was in march, so have chucked all the ones i could find with the same date, and sorted through the rest so I use the nearest dated first. I had a banana shake earlier where the use by date isn't for another month, but it tasted odd...... and then had one from the new batch (useby dec 2012), and it had a completely different taste again, so I don't know if I've got an off batch, or the exante recipe has changed, or just my taste has changed.... lol..... gona try some others tomorrow and see if they are the same, but the 2 banana ones today were really different :-/ Anyone else noticed any change in taste?

Its funny you should say that about the banana shakes as a couple of months ago I had a batch (all within use by date) that every other one had a weird off taste kind of like cardboard, it was horrible but because they were in date I used them all and didn't have any ill affects from them so they must have been alright., but it put me off ordering more banana until this month and now they are in new packs and taste slightly different, but not like cardboard, just like sweet banana. Hope this helps. :)

May be worth mentioning it to Exante, if you all had the same batch number maybe it was faulty?!

Omg I've got the same with the banana ones and I checked the dates and still one month left til expiry but 2 packets I've had hot and they smell funny as soon as you start pouring the water I drank it but it was rank, I was thinking maybe it's the weather as it says store in a dry, cool place not sure.

Ive sent them an email and they asked me for the batch number and said they would send me replacement banana shakes. What is the batch number for the ones you have that aren't out of date yet?

22306 is the batch number on mine..... :)

Oh mine was 22266. They expire 13th june but they tasted funny last week.

Ahh mine don't expire til the 23rd... and probably wouldn't get any replacement ones as I didn't buy them directly from Exante :-/

Oh mine was 22266. They expire 13th june but they tasted funny last week.

I have this batch number too and they do smell and slightly taste not normal, they also don't seem to hold the air bubbles very well either. I'm sending mine back to exante.

Yeah they don't froth up like normal. Not nice but today had one that was ok but have had a few bad. Do you think it's the milk powder?

I think it may be, the shake wasn't as creamy and half of it tasted watery and didn't froth up was just like a watery milkshake looking drink. So I would assume its the milk powder.

Back