shakes soups and porridge

chrissie2108

can anyone tell me what the shakes and porridge is like in the Exante? dont wana buy them within the bumper pack and then not like them, and are they included within your 3 shakes a day

I like the shakes (particularly the choc) and love the porridge. Not keen on the soups but I do like the bars. However as you'll see on here, everyone has different opinions!
Lx

I am not keen on the chocolate shake, but like the others very much, the vanilla with coffee in is delicious. I absolutely despise the Mushroom soup and dont know what to do with the 6 I have to make them better. I love the veggie soup and like the Thai Chicken and put up with the Tomato and Basil, I think adding more basil may be the key.

Am going to try a little experiment with the mushroom one, and try and make them into crisps by making a paste and spreading them on greaseproof then nuking in the microwave. I have no idea where I got this gem of information from. Will do that to eat while I watch Birdsong at 9pm.
All in all they are not bad, I may try the chocolate one hot with some cinnamon. I am being very creative in my cooking

OMG the mushroom soup! I tried my 1st today it's awful! If you discover anything that help PLEASE let me know!!

OMG the mushroom soup! I tried my 1st today it's awful! If you discover anything that help PLEASE let me know!!
I am about to give it a go now, what could be the worst thing, I waste a packet. I had to drink it pinching my nose, yuk yuk yuk. Will let you know as soon as I have done it.
J

ItIsLucy said:
I like the shakes (particularly the choc) and love the porridge. Not keen on the soups but I do like the bars. However as you'll see on here, everyone has different opinions!
Lx

Is the porridge similar to normal porridge then? Cos i love porridge!

I LOVE the porridge. At first its a bit powdery or you dont like the bits in it, but you get used to it and now it's my life source. I have porridge 3 x a day :) Never get bored of it, hot meal with a spoon. Lush! x

ok, this is something I did from cambridge about 5 years ago with the soup. Make into a paste and spread very thinly (i mean paper thin) onto baking paper. Spread out in crisp size blobs and throw in the microwave. Watch carefully, peel them off and wait for them to cool and go crispy. Not sure if I have nuked all the vitamins out, but for the sake of the mushroom soup they taste like crisps (well a little bit). I just want something crunchy in my mouth and will use the mushroom soups to do this as I cannot bear them. I added chilli flakes.
So my supper is that and a coke zero, a bit of a treat really but maybe not the way it should be done.

But does it taste the same? If it does it's like prolonging that awful taste

No Shell09, they are edible...give it a go, you have nothing to lose (other than some weight) but spread super super thin. They taste nothing like when it is mixed with water.
Julia x
PS just read on a sticky thread that you should not microwave more than one a day. I reckon I have 5 packs of mushroom left, so over a three week period it will do no harm. Waste not want not I say.

Last edited:
Miss Bean said:
I LOVE the porridge. At first its a bit powdery or you dont like the bits in it, but you get used to it and now it's my life source. I have porridge 3 x a day :) Never get bored of it, hot meal with a spoon. Lush! x

Awesomeeee mite stik some of these into my bumper pak :)

Hi Julia how long do you microwave them for, how do you know they are "done"? I really want to try your tip tomorrow :)

everyone is very different in what they like , I for instance adore the mushroom soup !!! I love the soups ( only like the tomato but its edible ) , love the bars , the porridge is just like rice pudding to me , and the shakes are ok . You really need to try things and decide wat you like :)

Id agree with Katie, I love the shakes and the porridge, I could happily live on just vanilla shakes and porridge.

Ordering based on the opion of anyone here isnt a great idea, were all sooo different

Hi Julia how long do you microwave them for, how do you know they are "done"? I really want to try your tip tomorrow :)
Hi Aaron, I just watch through the window until about a minute has gone when you pull them off the sheet they are a bit soft but crisp up when they get cold. They have to be really thin, I would say about half a teaspoon of "paste", Just give it a go, my first ones were too thick, they go a tiny bit brown when ready.
I know we shouldn't do this really but I just reckon as a treat.
Good luck.
J

Thanks very much! Going to try and will let you know how it turns out ha

Back