Shall I throw in a Red day ?

shelley1

Hi, I follow the EE plan and have lost weight each week. I have a bit of a heavy food day coming up Saturday ie Breakfast out for husbands birthday followed by a meal and champagne in the evening (yum) and chocolate birthday cake! I was wondering would it help me to have a few red days this week to keep weight loss on track ? I have never done this before or even had a red day but less carbs I am thinking maybe wise ? Any advice will be great.:eek:

I'm threw in a few red days last week and had a better loss (2.5) so I'm trying a full red week this week to see how it goes, I'll find out on thurs, I will say I definitely feel less bloated

Oh right thanks. My main aim this week is to enjoy the birthday treat without putting on but I have heard that the loss is usually more. If it works out I may have days where I go red permanantely.

A lot of people find they loose better on red because of having less carbs. I mix my days anyway, but if you think it will help you, throw in a red, do whatever you think will work best for you.

I'm old skool and so red/green was the way to go and I did try EE when I rejoined last year but tbh I found it too carb heavy for me. I do mainly red but throw in the odd green or EE day. Whatever you decide, enjoy the birthday - what about saving syns or flexibles syns?

yeah gonna do a bit of syn saving too . Can you tell me how to put my award banners up I have a half stone one but no clue how to do it .

I have only restarted today but I am going to stick to red days, I lost 3st long time ago on red days, last yr I did EE but was hardly losing any weight. So carb restrictions work for me. x good luck.

See I really like EE As its as close to my normal diet as can be and never feel deprived but a few sacrifices need to be made this week in order for me to have an enjoyable weekend. Only a one off so wont be making a habit of over indulging well not until I am sunning it in Florida in October lol

I love red, have been doing about 1 day a week for last few weeks, but this last week did about 4 days red and 3 ee and lost 5lbs today!! so I think I going to carry on that way now! woohoo!

I do tend to stick to red days more but that's like above I am old school and me personally too many carbs bloat me. I do like ee days though when I fancy either a nice curry, (recipe from this site) so I can have the rice. Have to have ee as rice is not a heb, wish it was.

Im a fan of red days, again I learnt SW back in the old days of red/green. I started doing it cos it suited my tastes better. I have found in the last week that doing red has resulted in me having less cravings for things like sweeta etc. Ive read before that carbs can make you crave things more.

You sound like youve got the right idea though to mix the plans around to what suits your lifestyle best at the time. Keep it up and hope you enjoy the weekend x

I thought about doing mainly red days, as i suffer with PCOS so carbs can be a problem for me. I do lose weight on EE, but it can be slow going at times. What do you guys do for lunch on a red day?

x

thinoncemore said:
I thought about doing mainly red days, as i suffer with PCOS so carbs can be a problem for me. I do lose weight on EE, but it can be slow going at times. What do you guys do for lunch on a red day?

x

If Im in work I will have a home made salad with some kind of cooked meat. I like doing a big joint in the slow cooker and can get a few meals out of it. At home Ive been having stuff like wholemeal crackerbread, dairlylea light and cooked meats.

I am slightly confused. In our meeting mixing red/green/EE is a no no!!!! I no the book says one day at a time but obviously mixing the days seems to agree with some people. My worry is that the Red days becomes more like being on a diet as you need to weigh things out and this is what put me off with the likes of WW & MFP. Problem is reading these posts the weight loss seems to be pretty good so I am thinking about trying a couple of red days though I do not eat too many carbs anyway - would there be much point? Only being on SW for 6wks & following EE!

Alycyn1980 said:
I am slightly confused. In our meeting mixing red/green/EE is a no no!!!! I no the book says one day at a time but obviously mixing the days seems to agree with some people. My worry is that the Red days becomes more like being on a diet as you need to weigh things out and this is what put me off with the likes of WW & MFP. Problem is reading these posts the weight loss seems to be pretty good so I am thinking about trying a couple of red days though I do not eat too many carbs anyway - would there be much point? Only being on SW for 6wks & following EE!

I think people mean mixing the week up, not the day :) there is no more weighing on an original/green day to an extra easy(unless you count the fact you get 2 of each healthy extra)

Welshtigger said:
I think people mean mixing the week up, not the day :)

Our C says 2 do full wk of the plan, not swap & choose. Some members had accidentally done some red days while following EE. I mite try it tho & c how goes :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using MiniMins

Alycyn1980 said:
Our C says 2 do full wk of the plan, not swap & choose. Some members had accidentally done some red days while following EE. I mite try it tho & c how goes :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using MiniMins

You are allowed to follow which ever plan you choose each day, aslong as you stick with it. It even says in the book-choose your day(or words to that effect) The sw website and the majority of the members on here will say the same :)

Well I did a red day yesterday and didnt weigh anything other than my cereal and cheese as normal heres what I had.

Heb 1 x All bran crunch + Mullerlight yoghurt
Mid morning- Scrambled egg
Snack-Ham and raw carrotts + Heb Hi fi bar
Snack -Options hot choc ( 2 syns) + Low cal Jelly (0.5 syns)
Dinner- Homemade chilli + Hea 30g cheddar

I wont be doing these days often but feel much less bloated this morning. I will follow the EE plan as it works well for me but as I know I have a special occasion coming up dont want to sabotage my weight loss and apparently this helps.

Back