shape changes

sukie sue

this is My time to shine!
hey all,
well youve all supported me throught the ups and (not so great downs) of my weight loss journey the last couple of months but i had a big ole shock today .
treated myself to a new basque this week to wear to a party tomorrow night , anyway whilst wondering what to team it with i thought about a pencil skirt i wore when i came off lighter life 2 years ago a stone lighter than now , i thought ooooo big spandex unsexy nix ( no hubby to be ashamed in front of:eek: LOL)and ill see if i can squeeze my self into it , ANYWAY tried it on this morning and it was LOOSE ! yes LOOSE what the f***???? and that was without any nix let alone to big ole spandex jobbies :0)i was a good stone lighter then ! anyway im guessing that my body is sooo much more toned now that im all shruked and stuff ,,, ooo im sooo chuffed , im going to be a hotty !!!!! LOL ill post hubby a pic to torture him :Dwhoop whoop !!!!(just have to find someone to tie me into the bloomin contraption that is my basque:p

Thats what i love about low carb as opposed to low fat! You lose proper fat and not muscle. Well Done, I'm soo happy for you!

Thats what i love about low carb as opposed to low fat! You lose proper fat and not muscle. Well Done, I'm soo happy for you!
aaaahhh thankyou so much tracy xxxx
it makes up for the lack of scale movement , really cheered me up this morning :0)

Thats brilliant Sukie :))

Great News Sukie!!!! :D:D:D

All that time you have stuck with it has paid off. I am really pleased for you. Now you can enjoy your party knowing that all that exercise and low carbing has well and truly paid off.

Great News Sukie!!!! :D:D:D

All that time you have stuck with it has paid off. I am really pleased for you. Now you can enjoy your party knowing that all that exercise and low carbing has well and truly paid off.
ah thanks hunnie xxxits you guys that have kept me motivated though xxluv us all xxx

omg on a happy high , tried lots of my old size 12 dresses on this morning wondering if skirt was just a fluke , but no !!!! nearly all my dresses i tried fitted , just some 'tiny' size 10s didnt but didnt really expect those too, just thought id see how far off id be.but that ll come :0) sooo chuffed xxxx
just thought id share that , especially for those whos scales arent shifting muchxxxx

omg on a happy high , tried lots of my old size 12 dresses on this morning wondering if skirt was just a fluke , but no !!!! nearly all my dresses i tried fitted , just some 'tiny' size 10s didnt but didnt really expect those too, just thought id see how far off id be.but that ll come :0) sooo chuffed xxxx
just thought id share that , especially for those whos scales arent shifting muchxxxx

I am so pleased I read this today, as woke up feeling really fat today. Don't know why, but just looked in the mirror and felt fatter than I have felt recently. And even though I told myself that I am now wearing clothes that I couldn't have got over the thighs 10 weeks back, it didn't console me. But then I read this and made me realise how far I have come and only having half the journey left is sooooo much better than having the full journey still to do. So now I am being positive and thinking about all those clothes that are way to big for me and long gone from my wardrobe. Here's the next size down!

Brilliant, what a boost.!!!
oh it is hunnie , ive had some really low times when ive just not lost at all, and im so glad ive stuck with it , i do run allot so my muscle mass must be much more now than post lighter life 2 years ago,i just never guissed how much of a difference it could make

WOOP! WOOP! My buddy is fab!!!
So glad your happy, babes as it makes me happy!!!

{{{{happy group hug}}}}

Much love...

Woofy.... My tales waggin for you, pet ; o ) x

I'm so chuffed for you Sukie, you really do deserve it. There's not many who would of stuck at it after being left disheartened week after week, I certainly wouldn't have.
I think your right it probably is your muscle mass. I remember a good few years back when I was calorie counting and going to the gym every day (doing weights & cardio). Clothes fitted me then that I couldn't get in to when I weighed less after doing Cambridge. I only wish I could keep up that sort of regime but I can't, it makes me miserable and I'm too lazy :eek:
Size 12 is fab. What were you in when you started out?
I had gone into a 20 just before starting this, the biggest I'd ever been :cry:

after having bella and loosing the initial 'baby weight' i was 18 and a half stones and a size 24 really wasnt doing the job (convinced myself they were very small sizes :0) )
after lighter life i was a 12 then when i started eating on rtm and running i dropped to a small 10 which didnt suit me (looked too old :eek:)
so i maintatined pretty much at a nice size 12 until i lost the baby last sep then i started eating again for the wrong reasons again but i managed to stop before it got out of hand :0) i started feeling really tired and lethargic again so i kinda clicked i was on a road to nowhere :0) im feeling so much better again , long may it reign :0)

That's fab - there's your reward for sticking with it when the scales weren't budging. Goes to show that when you've stuck to the diet, you should keep the faith and ignore the scales cos something good must be going on! x

Back