Sharon's Dukan Diary

Sharon1970

Hi All

Today is my first day of attack!

I weighed myself this morning and it was 233.4 lbs :cry: This is very very overweight for me as I am only 5ft 1.

A bit about myself. I am 41 and have three daughters 16,15 and 11. I am currently a full time student having just completed my first year on a BSc Forensic Computing degree, which I love.

I have been overweight ever since I was 23 when I had my first child. Through pregnancies and post natal depression plus relationship problems. I have always turned to food for comfort and never managed to get a hold on it. Done WW, SW, LL and Cambridge but the most I have ever managed to lose is 56lbs total which has all gone back on again.

I am going to give Dukan a try as I like the structure of the different phases and I am hoping this focus will keep me on track.

Looking forward to 'meeting' you all.

Last edited:
Welcome. How many days of attack are you doing? The people here are very good at giving advice, especially to the newbies, so post your menus and they can see if there are any problems or suggest things. I am coming to the end of this diet now, just about to go to consolidation, and I am very, very pleased with the structure and the results. Good luck.

I am thinking of doing a week as I have a lot of weight to lose. I am pretty sure I will find it quite easy as I found the first week on LL and Cambridge easy when you have no food just shakes.

So far today I have had a cold shower, been for a brisk 20 minute walk and watched what I am eating.

Breakfast I had a galette which was lovely with a vanilla muller yoghurt.
Lunch I made some meatballs using turkey mince and extra lean beef mince, herbs and spices these I had with a yogurt dipping sauce I made but not many as i felt quite full. I have some more left which I might have for dinner. So far I am up to 2 litres of water and about 3 cups of black tea. Got a slight headache but not too unbearable.

Have you been on the website and seen what is advised for the attack period? It seems that it is not worth doing more than they suggest. I lost 2lbs doing attack for 3 days and then I lost 3 more lbs in the remaing 4 days. I was glad to see a vegetable!

Surprising how full you get though, isn't!

Hi Sharon, i have also done LL and CD and this has been easy compared to that. I have lost more on Dukan than with either of those diets and i have no thoughts of straying from this at all. It took a good few weeks where i self doubted alot, thinking i would give up or wouldn't complete all the phases etc but now 9 weeks in, i crave nothing and know for certain that i'll see this through till the end. I have tried every diet and i can honestly say this has been the most satisfying and the quickest in terms of weight loss. Also you can fit it into a normal lifestyle once on cruise.

People have different opinions about the length of attack. Dr Dukan suggested 7 days and that is what i did, but i wasn't desperate for veg at all as like you, i've experienced the beginning of LL and CD which is much harder. I lost 10lbs on attack so was really pleased but i think it all evens out eventually no matter how long you do.

Good luck with it x

Hiya :)
Also on my first day, enjoyed it and simple easy meals which was good, just alot of prep for next day as doing it with hubbie but don't trust him yet to prepare anything lol
Sure it will get quicker, really must try the galette, sounds lovely.
Good luck for tomorrow xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Have you been on the website and seen what is advised for the attack period?
Surprising how full you get though, isn't!

Yes I have and I have also read the book. In my mind as I have such a large amount to lose I am going on his advise of following it for a week. I don't think that will be difficult, but thanks for your input :)

Hi Sharon, i have also done LL and CD and this has been easy compared to that. I have lost more on Dukan than with either of those diets and i have no thoughts of straying from this at all. It took a good few weeks where i self doubted alot, thinking i would give up or wouldn't complete all the phases etc but now 9 weeks in, i crave nothing and know for certain that i'll see this through till the end. I have tried every diet and i can honestly say this has been the most satisfying and the quickest in terms of weight loss. Also you can fit it into a normal lifestyle once on cruise.

Good luck with it x

Well done Trying Again. Its reassuring to talk to an ex VLCD er to here that this is doable.

Hiya :)
Also on my first day, enjoyed it and simple easy meals which was good, just alot of prep for next day as doing it with hubbie but don't trust him yet to prepare anything lol
Sure it will get quicker, really must try the galette, sounds lovely.
Good luck for tomorrow xx

DiamondX how was your first day? I did good. In fact I was not hungry at all. Managed a 15 minute brisk walk but that was enough. Also did two cold showers!! All prepared for day two. I am having a gallette and yoghurt for breakfast. Bought myself a George foreman grill so I have char-grilled chicken and tandoori chicken marinating to cook later. Going for a wander to the shop later for prawns and crab sticks as I feel like fish tomorrow.

My first day went well too thanks, eating more today though as I was surprised by my hunger yest.
Managed the walking but not braved the cold showers yet, drinking really cold water as apparently that also helps :)
I'm going to make galette later so I can have for brekkie Tom, prob with quark and smoked salmon mmmmm :)
Hope today's going well xx

Welcome Sharon, you sound well prepared for Dukan. Glad you've got your oatbran sorted and have read the book - it's so important to be prepared on this diet, so make sure your freezer and fridge are well stocked!

I'm sure you'll see incredible results very quickly on this plan, I look foward to hearing how you're getting on :)

This is one diet which likes us to eat PLENTY of the right things so you should never let yourself get hungry. At your current weight, 7 days' attack is fine. (We discourage folk with 1lb - 14lbs from doing so much though, as the potential side effects can outweigh usefulness. If constipation becomes an issue, which it might well even though we expect less output with less fibre intaken, move onto Cruise please!

Have had a good day so far today. Gallette and yoghurt for breakfast. Then had chargrilled chicken and salmon flakes for lunch with another yoghurt. Been drinking plenty of water although probably not quite as much as yesterday.

However, I now feel sick :(

A lot of people experience a grotty day or two at the beginning - it's just your body reacting to the drastic change in diet. Keep going and in another day or 2 at the max you'll feel much better - your energy levels will be higher, you'll have a far reduced appetite, and you'll be sleeping better too!

Keep it up!

Thanks Emma. Mostly I feel ok just came over very nauseous for a while there

I've felt sweaty and light headed this afternoon, better this evening. Guess it's working :)
Hope your feeling better now x

Hi Claire, Sorry to hear you weren't too good either. I am better now but yesterday pm I felt really sick. I have not been at all physically hungry although yesterday evening I did feel a bit "picky" but then that's my bad time. Haven't slept very well last night, coughing a bit so I am not feeling up to much today. Might leave my brisk walk until later in the day. How are you getting on food wise?

Yesterday I had gallette and yoghurt from breakfast, Chargrilled chicken and salmon flakes for lunch. Then for dinner I finished off my other piece of grilled chicken.

I have had my galette and yoghurt again this morning. I am thinking maybe omellette for lunch and steak for dinner today.

Feeling better today :) have lost 3lb and so has hubbie :)
Food was better yest as ate more as recommended and had plenty of snacks available if needed.
Made the muffins and had for brekkie this morn which both hubbie and I really enjoyed. Just about to tuck into red salmon and Dukan friendly Cajun and BBQ seasoned chicken.
Dinner is steamed salmon- 2 fillets yum!! with my remaining egg
Good luck for today xx

I had a pretty good day yesterday. I had steak yummy shame it is so expensive I could gladly eat that all the time.

Today I have had gallette and yoghurt from breakfast. Todays one was the best yet, I am getting better at cooking them. Going to make a fritatta for lunch and then probably salmon fillets for dinner tonight.

I have a feeling I did not drink enough water yesterday so I am keeping a closer eye on that today. Still managed my 20 minutes brisk walk and a cold shower.

I had a pretty good day yesterday. I had steak yummy shame it is so expensive I could gladly eat that all the time.

Today I have had gallette and yoghurt from breakfast. Todays one was the best yet, I am getting better at cooking them. Going to make a fritatta for lunch and then probably salmon fillets for dinner tonight.

I have a feeling I did not drink enough water yesterday so I am keeping a closer eye on that today. Still managed my 20 minutes brisk walk and a cold shower.

Strange you should say that but I also didn't drink as much yesterday. Normally I have between 1.5 - 2 Ltrs but don't think I made 1.5 even :eek:
Must do better today hey lol
x

Strange you should say that but I also didn't drink as much yesterday. Normally I have between 1.5 - 2 Ltrs but don't think I made 1.5 even :eek:
Must do better today hey lol
x

I was down on water yesterday too!
Ended up with a bad headache so perhaps it was connected. :confused: I'm also a lot hungrier today. :eatdrink051:
Back on track with the water today, though. :waterbottle:

Back