Shazpaz - I Have Been Told That You Can Help Me!!

Daz

Can you help please?

In 1 week I have an annual four day Sales training meeting/ conference in Belgium with meals scheduled.

I am sooo confused that if Lipotrim (zero food) puts me in Ketosis, then when refeeding can I go straight on to the Atkins plan (still in ketosis)without piling on the pounds??

After 1 week on Lipotrim from 1 month steady weightloss on the Atkins, I lost 7lbs in my first Lipotrim week. I was 18st 3lbs (6'2")after losing 7lbs in a week.

My plan is to lose an extra half stone to my ideal weight (to build in any error/ mistake factors) and jumping straight into meat, fish, eggs and cheese on the atkins. Oh and (glory be... vodka and caffeine free diet coke :D:D).

Can anyone comment on this please and put me right please? Can I go to Meat (small portions) for a few days as long as carbs are kept to a minimum?

Thanks!
Darren (Daz UK):)

I've done LT/CD and Atkins to lose my weight. I switched over slowly...i.e two shakes and one low carb meal in the evening, then one shake two low carb meals....then straight into Atkins. I switched over in maybe two weeks.

The thing is, if you eat low carb, your glycogen stores will not be re-filled so the initial water gain will not be there...I've lost 6lbs in two weeks on Atkins and I'm eating quite a lot.....but vertually no carbs.

Have you got an Atkins book? You need to read up on it, coz things that you may feel are ok to eat may be high in carbs.

Stick with Salads/Green and white veg/ meats/cheeses/eggs/fish.

No rice/potato's/bread/desserts

Good luck mate.

Its a tough one Darren and know how you feel......... am in a job that is constant lunch meetings, conferences etc and wanted to do LT without my work colleagues knowing...... I basically "made myself busy" over lunch time....took calls/sent emails.... said I had a massive breakfast, didnt like the food (been to Belgium on a three day conference and they love to serve raw mince meat sandwiches - honestly!! so that was easy) complaint of an upset tummy when asked why I wasnt having food..etc etc......been advised to stay of wheat due to an suspect allergy (especially when the sandwich lunch is served)......having said that once of twice I did "have to eat" still had my three shakes but did have a some plain fish, chicken and salad.....no carbs....plenty of practice pushing food around the plate....most people dont notice....few people commented like "didnt realise you were so fussy etc"..... having said that if you dont care what your colleagues think/dont mind the questions around the diet - you could just come clean and say you are on LT???

I've done LT/CD and Atkins to lose my weight. I switched over slowly...i.e two shakes and one low carb meal in the evening, then one shake two low carb meals....then straight into Atkins. I switched over in maybe two weeks.

The thing is, if you eat low carb, your glycogen stores will not be re-filled so the initial water gain will not be there...I've lost 6lbs in two weeks on Atkins and I'm eating quite a lot.....but vertually no carbs.

Have you got an Atkins book? You need to read up on it, coz things that you may feel are ok to eat may be high in carbs.

Stick with Salads/Green and white veg/ meats/cheeses/eggs/fish.

No rice/potato's/bread/desserts

Good luck mate.

You have really mastered combining both...well done....keen to try what you did when I am back on LT...

shaz is def well up on this hun my advice is, take her advice :)

Thanks Shazpaz for the advice. Ithink I will do as Daisybank says and follow your're wise words!:king2::king2:

So cabbage, sprouts and broccoli are the key then?

I live in Royton by the way!

Also, Is it OK to split the sachets and only have 1 or 1 and a 1/2 spread over the day in 2 doses rather than 2? I really am not hungry. My ketone levels are around the low middle area of the scale.

Cheers!

Last edited:
A Royton boy wow...it is a small world.

Cabbage, sprouts, cauliflower, Broccoli, aparagus, courgettes all fine.
Have them with any meat or fish (watch out for gravies...they tend to have cornflour or other hidden carbs in, you'd be better puttting a knob of butter on and loads of pepper).

Splitting the sachets is fine. When you go to the pharmacist ask if you can have four female sachets a day instead of two male. They have the same amount in and they didn't mind doing that for my brother. You could have a 'fry up' for breakfast...bacon/eggs/mushrooms/toms/sausage (need to be careful with sausages as they can be stuffed with other things besides meat!!) No bread/beans/hash browns etc

Good luck mate. Just a word of warning, you will find it really difficult to get back into ssing after eating. No matter how strong you feel you are. Once you're back, you need to be sooooooooooo determined and get straight back into ssing. Don't be tempted to eat. You do lose weight slower doing Atkins, but at least when you get back, you'll still be in ketosis and not have to go through that 'hell' again. Ideally SSing is the way to go, but if you know you are not going to be able to stick with it then if you plan properly its far better then going and having a blow out for a few days.

Good luck mate.

Back