Shells cambridge diary :-)

shelleymcdiets

Hi all,
My names Shell, I'm 28, I'm 5"3, and I weigh ABOUT 11st. I say 'about' because I haven't weighed myself yet haha x I'm probably more! I know I don't have what's considered, by some, to be a lot to loose, but I just don't feel comfortable in my own skin anymore.
In the past I have done ww and sw, I got down to 9st3lb on slimming world......my target being 9st, I could not, no matter what I did, get to 9st. I was totally focused, following the plan and going the gym 6 days a week but that last 3lb would not budge!! I maintained that weight for over 4 months, then settled at 9st7lb.
In November last year I found out I was pregnant with my second child, and in 2weeks I gained 7lb! Unfortunately I lost the baby at the end of January, and the weight Continued to creep on.
I have a little girl, Emily who is 8 years old, and live with my parter James who I have been with for 12 years. I work as a nail technician, and part time as an activities coordinator in a nursing home....So that's me! Haha x

I'm due to meet my consultant for the first time this evening at 6pm. I've never done Cambridge before, but a friend did it last year, and she's back on plan now to loose her last few stone :) x
I'm ready for the challenge! I have taken my 'before' pictures this morning, which will go up in a couple of weeks. I know it's going to be hard, Ive prewarned my OH that I will probably be a ***** for the 1st week, so he can't complain! Ha x
I'm going to try & update this diary as much as possible, just depends on my mobile signal through the day. I really look forward to hearing from you all as we shrink! X

Shell xxx

Day one....Part one

Here we go! Got up this morning full of beans, focused & determined! I had a weak black coffee and a pint of water to start my day.
It's funny, because I never eat breakfast, unless on slimming world, but today......because I can't, I just wanted a bag of grapes! Haha x
I'm going to have another pint of water before heading off to work, and get another couple of bottles from the shop in my way in.
Looking forward to meeting my consultant later for our 1st meeting! She's got no 'shakers' in stock, so my mission for today is to find one, so that I'm ready for my shakes tomorrow.
Back later :) x Hope your all having a great start to your day x

Day 1
Writing this in work, to copy & paste later, it's 1pm, had two pints of water before work, and I'm now on my second bottle of volvic (1l bottles). Not a problem drinking today as its so hot!
Managed to avoid snacking in work, that tea trolly is a pain ha!
Aww well, on we go :) no signal to send through the day... But I have to write as it makes me feel like I'm winning the battle already! Small victory with the tea trolly!

Hunger kicked in at 3pm, but got through it, picked Emily up from school and as soon as i walked on the playground "you doing Cambridge? Oh I wouldn't do that....." zzzzzz
Got a bit of a headache now, don't know if it's the water, lack of caffeine, hunger or just other mums voices haha hopefully it will pass!

Thanks for the comments already recieved, I appreciate it so much x Tesco had no shakers in, do going to try asda....failing that, my cousin is the manager of H&B so I'll see if she can bring one home with her for me :) hope your all having a great day, will update when I've met my consultant later :) roll on 6pm :)

Well hello little lady I'm loving the diary so lovely for u to be starting and yr doing so well ! Sod the pll who slate cd you know yr ok so that all that counts and well done on doing battle with the tea trolly xxxx stick at it love xxxxx

Hi all,
I'm currently sat in the car on my iPod writing this to copy & paste it when I get in.
Meeting with my consultant went well. Im not as heavy as I thought.... I'm 10st 8lb, which is a lot less than I thought! So that's a bonus.
I've been put on Step 2, as I don't have very much to loose. Which means 3 Cambridge 'meals' plus a white/green meal, to be honest, I'm not looking forward to the '1 healthy meal a day' thing, cos I know that's where I will mess up, I would much rather be on the shakes/soups 100%. Never mind though, can only try and im determined to give it my best shot.
Going to have to go to the supermarket again now to buy chicken & veg hahaha x
Also got a little telling off for not having had anything today, so had a chocolate tetra while I was there, I must say, surprisingly nice! I've got a mixture of soups, chicken & mushroom, tomato, veg, and chilli + chocolate, vanilla, strawberry & banana shakes :) plenty of variety. My consultant said I'll find what I like & stick to it, but I hope not, need a bit of variety in this life! We'll see next week!
Consultant said to go home, have a soup, and some chicken/veg to make up for lack of food today, but I've just had that shake & feel ok x see how I feel later :)
Can you believe she hadn't been on this site!!!! I've shared my knowledge & told her to sign up, she's going to recommend it to her other clients too x
Right I'm off to do a set of nails :) its 7pm :) x
Hope all your days have gone well xxx

Ok, it's 9:55pm, tried the chilli soup thing, the oriental one......it's not chilli at all, it's like watery chicken korma! Haha xxx wasn't the nicest of experiences! Few lil lumps in there too, there's obviously an art to those soups haha cxx

LeaE said:
Well hello little lady I'm loving the diary so lovely for u to be starting and yr doing so well ! Sod the pll who slate cd you know yr ok so that all that counts and well done on doing battle with the tea trolly xxxx stick at it love xxxxx

Thanks Lea, such a busy day today so I've been ok, feeling hungry now though x

Day 2
Morning all x got up a but easier today, just having my coffee, will have my first shake when I've dropped Emily off at school. Still no shaker so I'll have to blend at home.
Back In a little bit x

Good morning x good luck with today x

LeaE said:
Good morning x good luck with today x

Morning Lea, upto page 32 of your diary lol x The pics you put up of the christening, you look amazing x I could see the loss, although I dont ever see the loss on myself haha xxx There's an app I have on my iPod called 'photo collage' where u can put 2 photos together, it's really easy to do, you should get it & put the before & after on the same photo, you'll see it then :) x I use it to do before & after with nails & beauty :) x
I know it sounds mad, but I already feel better 2 days in, I feel less bloated, and swear my stomach has gone down!
Hope you have a fab day x
Your little girls are beautiful, and ur fella is like mine, tall & slim....... Git! Lol x

KatieKaye said:
Hey, just popped in to say hello! Sounds like you are doing well, stick with it and wait for that lovely ketosis to kick in! I'm off to have a nice icy tetra yum! Xx

Morning Katie,
Thanks for popping in x Day two going well so far :) x hope your ok, how long have you been doing CD for?

Bloody hell, what a day, my no tho thing boss took me straight into the office and kept me there for 4 hours!!! Kept up with my wAter, but my soup that I took in.....stayed in my bag!
Just got to my friends to pick up my daughter, made my soup with her blender, definitely a must! Had the veg soup today, was nice, bit of salt & pepper added x
Back later ladies, hope your all having a good day, now I must run the toilet...... Again! Lol x

shelleymcdiets said:
Bloody hell, what a day, my no tho thing boss took me straight into the office and kept me there for 4 hours!!! Kept up with my wAter, but my soup that I took in.....stayed in my bag!
Just got to my friends to pick up my daughter, made my soup with her blender, definitely a must! Had the veg soup today, was nice, bit of salt & pepper added x
Back later ladies, hope your all having a good day, now I must run the toilet...... Again! Lol x

Sometimes drinking water constantly isn't possible :) u should quit the salt tho hun, can retain water meaning less of a weight loss xx

strt:13.13 w1:13.4

4stone2go_xx said:
Sometimes drinking water constantly isn't possible :) u should quit the salt tho hun, can retain water meaning less of a weight loss xx

Thanks for the tip hun xxx I never normal have salt, just felt like it 'needed' something lol xxx

shelleymcdiets said:
Thanks for the tip hun xxx I never normal have salt, just felt like it 'needed' something lol xxx

I use garlic powder in the mushroom one, yum!! But my breath is hanging now haha xx

Back