Shepherds pie pack, how to make it?

rosieposie

Going to treat myself to a shepherds pie pack tomorrow as it's Sunday ( and just hope the gluten in it doesn't upset me)
So can anyone please tell me how to make it up for best result.
Really want to enjoy it as much as I can.
thanks

I LOVE the Shepherds pie x :p and have 1 every day,

I just mix 130 mls of boiled water into the powder then pop the bowl in the microwave for 1 minute.

Add some black pepper and enjoy!

If my husband makes it I think he must put a little more than 130mls as his is quite runny - more like a broth but just as good.

I do find however it gives you a whiffy breath afterwards - so beware! :cool:

thanks for info. Do you just mix with a fork or a blender?
Gosh, more smelly breath!

Just a fork is fine, its easier to mix than the soups as it has a lumpy-ish texture anyway.

I am always amazed how it comes out of the packet it sort of 2 halves - the darker meaty bit then the lighter 'potato' bit.

Sounds weird but you will see what I mean when you have it.

Enjoy!

Love the shepherds pie!

Didn't have it yesterday as yesterday went badly.
I broke abstinence:(, and how, didn't cope with emotional comfort eating. Just failed to distract myself and just gave in to how I was feeling.
So out of ketosis today but I am back on track today and in control of myself again. So forgiven myself and hope I have learnt a bit from it.

Shepherds pie was of course nothing like shepherds pie and I thought the smell was a bit off putting, a bit cheesy I thought, so I added mixed herbs to it and the pepper.
Just so nice to eat something.
I'm now finding the shakes sickly, too sweet I think, but I am just trying to consider them as nutrition.

Thanks for help with this as with all else with all your so helpful encouraging posts.

I love the shephards pie, mostly have them, maybe 2 or 3 a day! nom nom :cool:

I don't think you are meant to have mixed herbs. spices or anything like that with any of the packs. Sorry. try some salt or tabasco.

I have doubled checked with my LLC and she has just replied it's ok to add the herbs
So as this suits me I'll take what she says. I am trying to cut out extra salt and don't like hot spicy so Tabasco no good but thank you so much for trying to put me straight
I'll try not to add too much but I do think it needs something
Tried the carbonara last night and thought was good but don't think I can have that too often because of gluten. Got away with it yesterday so far

These LLCs need to get their stories straight. I think mine must be super strict. I kind of wish I had one who lets the odd thing slide. But at the end of the day I just go by the green book. I can't see why herbs would make a difference, but I'm no expert....if your LLC is happy then go for it.

Thanks you're right the green book says nothing other than what you said
I think I'll try it with just pepper and see if I can tolerate it. I don't want to make my weight loss slower than it is now
Really it is just about tolerating the packs I don't think I could say I enjoyed any of them, even the chocolate. Maybe it really is partly about realising I don't have to look to get enormous pleasure from what I eat.
As always thanks for your help it really is appreciated

Back