Shifts and weigh in days

Dokusho_yoku

Right I'm slightly nervous about the next few weeks. Normally I weigh in on a Monday night. I work shifts and if I'm working the lates that week I won't go to group and get put down as shift worker. Which I don't mind. However the next 3 mondays I'm working Lates so I can't get to my normal group. I don't want to miss 3 weeks of classes, as I know I won't stick to plan so I'm having to change class for a few weeks, which my consultant understands. So I'm going to an early morning group instead on a Friday. I know if you weigh yourself at different times of day then your weight will vary.

Does anyone know if it varies dramatically? I'm nervous that my last friday morning group will show a loss then when i get weighed 4 days later on monday afternoon at 1930 then i will have put on loads.

Does anyone else do it this way because they work shifts, or do people normally miss a week if they can't attend the same group?

Sorry if this makes no sense.

CJ

Hi, I normally work nights I go to a morning group every week but sometimes I go straight from work and sometimes I've had the night before off and get weighed before I've eaten. My weight does fluctuate because of it but I know why it's happening and I know that it is on a downward trend so I try not to let it get to me. Of course there are weeks when it p's me off because I've worked really hard at it and I've gained but when I calm down I know it's because to me it's like getting weighed at different times.
I could go to different groups (mornings & evenings) to match my shifts but I like the group I go to so I chose to stay in the same group. There is a lady who only comes once a fortnight because of her shifts and that seems to work for her.
I think you need to do what you feel comfortable with and what is best for you, if you need to WI weekly to keep you on track and can deal with a slight fluctuation in weights I'd say do that. But if the fluctuations would deter you or send you off track stick to your group.
I hope this helps and good luck x

Thank you for your reply. Normally if i'm working early, late, early I would skip the late week, as this works for me like the lady in your group. However I had to swap the middle week which would have been earlies to lates so it ended up 3 weeks of lates. I really didn't want to miss 3 weeks, especially since its easter and my birthday in one week. I think I am just going to have to take the hit when I go back to my normal group. As long as I get beck on track I will give myself a good talking to before i step on the scales on the monday evening when I go back. :D

I'm a shift worker. And usually wi on a sat at 0900. If I'm on a night I'll go straight from my nights shift - and when I do this I appreciated it's like wi of an evening so I don't get to worked up over the number!!

But if I work a day shift sat the only other group I can go to is a tue evening - but if I've weighed on the sat I don't see the point in re weighing on the tues 2days later. So I skip it. The important thing is you find what works for you and monitor what your doing so your accountable :)

Xx

Back