Ship hopping - Katmat diary

katmat

Hey folks. I was doing Exante for 8 weeks before getting fed up with the limited choices, so I tried a Slim & Save taster pack and was immediately sold. I've been doing S&S for two weeks now and am finding it an awful lot better - and the weightloss just keeps on going, which is always a plus. I figured I'd start a diary in here at last and copy over my motivations and such:

- Fashion.
I love clothes. So much. But I'm entirely too aware of my size and feel entirely uncomfortable in all the things I love. I haven't worn a skirt in 13 years. I want this to change. I'm kind of an arty type, and I love creating outfits, but I want to be able to WEAR these things and feel good about it, not just jot them down on a piece of paper!

- Heels.
Is probably similar, but I love heels so they deserve their own mention. Being heavy just puts too much pressure on my feet (and my double jointed ankles don't help..sigh) at the moment I only wear my favourite shoes when there's minimal walking involved - I want to stop buying 'sitting down shoes' that get no love.

- Overheating.
Summer is on the way and I would enjoy it a lot more if physical activity didn't make me feel quite so gross. I walk the couple miles into work and back every day and walk my dog on top of it, and this is great in the cooler months but I CANNOT do another summer feeling horrible when I get into the office.

- Italy!
I have a holiday booked in September for 10 glorious days around Lake Como and Milan, and I refuse to be paranoid about plane seats. I went last autumn to do Florence and Rome and while I got into the seat with no additional extenders or anything, I can't say I was comfortable. All my weight is in my arse! So annoying. But yes, I WILL be thinner by then so I don't have to get anxious over it.

I'm aiming to stop doing this diet at the end of August, regardless of where I am, as I'd like to go through the refeed process in early September in time for my holiday :) Hopefully by then I'll have lost a couple more stone, and since I'm thankfully tall I should be looking much better. Once I'm back from holiday I'll see what I want to do next, whether it be go back on something like this, or move back over to tracking on My Fitness Pal for the last bits.

Hi Katmat, I think we can all empathise with your words :) how much weight have you lost so far and how much more would you like to lose?

If I can shift another 3lb I'll have lost 3 stone so far, which is really good for me :) If I could shift another 2.5-3 stone by my holiday at the end of September then I'll be well pleased as I'd be at about 13ish then. I have some guesstimate goal of 11 stone in the end, but that seems like a bit of a dream figure.

hi there , and welcome xxx

I started this weight loss thing a little over a year ago. I was a size 22 top and a size 28 bottom. Today I am a size 14 top and a size 18 bottom. Still have a long way to go, but my first big goal was to be able to get into the 'normal' size range in most high street shops. Can I get excited about being able to buy cheap interim clothes in Primark? You bet I can :)

Nice round 3 stone lost :D

In to the 15's! Inching slowly closer to being simply overweight rather than obese with my bmi PLUS people are really starting to notice. Feeling good about being somewhere near to where I want to be for my holiday in September.

Bought my first Dr Pepper Zero today.. I haven't had any of the coke/Dr P zero's since starting dieting 3 months ago.. and it tastes so incredibly weird to me now. I used to love it, but now I don't think I'll be buying it again. Blegh.

Half Century achieved.. and just over half way.

I've also abused the hell out of the sales, and even excited myself by realising I can now buy a size 10-12 top. Now if my bum would just catch on, everything would be great.

I have 8 and a half weeks left on S&S until I refeed and prepare for my holiday and I'm feeling so positive about it. The end is in sight now. I'm not even worried if I don't hit goal by then, because I'll be damn close :)

Today I celebrate being overweight :) Because it means I am no longer 'obese'. BMI below 30! Woot.

Well..16 weeks down - 4 stone and 1 pound gone. This weather is horrible (much prefer Spring and Autumn personally) but it's a great appetite suppressant. I've also switched to Lifestyle because I just can't stomach hot meals in this weather. I still take my curry noodle soup to work, but don't always eat it and then end up famished by the time I get home. Blegh heat.

Back