Cruise PV Shish kebab and Cucumber & Yoghurt Sauce

Sharon1970

(serves 1-2)

half small onion
half green chilli pepper (or to taste)
1 tsp garlic & ginger paste (I make my own by blending equal parts fresh ginger and garlic)
half tsp cumin powder
half tsp coriander powder
half tsp paprika
pinch cayenne pepper
quarter tsp salt
1 small handful fresh coriander
1 small handful fresh mint
250g extra lean steak mince

1. Preheat oven to Gas 6/200C/400F. In a blender combine onion, chilli pepper, garlic & ginger paste, cumin, coriander powder, paprika, cayenne, salt, fresh coriander and fresh mint. Blend well until ingredients are fully combined.

2. Put blended mixture into a large bowl and add steak mince. Mix throughly until fully combined.

2. Using wet hands, divide mixture into 3 or 4 sausage shapes. You can use skewers if preferred but if using wooden skewers, soak them in water for at least 30 mins before using.

3. Arrange kebabs on a wire rack over a roasting tray and bake for about 6 minutes.

4. Turn kebabs and bake for further 6 mins.

5. Finish kebabs under a hot grill or on a griddle pan, cooking for a further 3-4 mins or until just charred on each side.

Serve with Cucumber & Yoghurt sauce and salad.

Cucumber & Yoghurt Sauce

quarter small cucumber, deseeded & finely chopped
half tsp salt
125ml Total 0% Greek Yoghurt
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
white pepper to taste
quarter tsp chilli powder
half tsp fresh mint, finely chopped
quarter tsp dried mint

1. Place chopped cucumber in a sieve, sprinkle over salt and leave to drain for 30 mins - 1 hour.

2. Rinse then drain and stir into yoghurt.

3. Add garlic, white pepper and chilli powder. Stir in fresh mint and also dried mint. Mix thoroughly.

Last edited:
My apologies Red Heart I did not realise you had already posted it. I put it on my daily menu and thought I would post the recipe here so that Joanne could see if it was suitable. I did not get it from here originally but another website, no offence meant.

You didn't offend me Sharon, more confused me tbh. :eek:
I adapted the recipe myself from one of my cookbooks so wherever you got the recipe from has copied and pasted it from my post too as it is word for word my recipe, even down to my comments on how I make my garlic and Ginger paste! :rolleyes:

You didn't offend me Sharon, more confused me tbh. :eek:
I adapted the recipe myself from one of my cookbooks so wherever you got the recipe from has copied and pasted it from my post too as it is word for word my recipe, even down to my comments on how I make my garlic and Ginger paste! :rolleyes:

oh :confused: Well not to worry, would you like me to remove it? I am having it for tea tonight so looking forward to it. I have had to substitute turkey mince though as Morrisons don't do extra lean beef mince

No need to remove it.
As I said, it just threw me a tad, especially as I adapted the kebab recipe from one cookbook and the sauce recipe from another and as I thought they complimented each other I put them together myself.
No probs.
Hope you enjoy them!
I found that I did manage to eat the lot myself, although not all in 1 sitting! :eek: :D

RedHeart - thank you for the recipe, they were delicious. I had steamed leeks with mine. I only ate half the portion though as that was plenty so may keep the other two for day after tomorrow ........ yumm

Looks great both of you!!

Cucumber sauce sounds delish! x

Sorry to thread butt but this looks amazing, going to try and adapt this to PP for my tea tomorrow night, I take it dried herbs are ok but not fresh on PP? Will leave the cucumber dip out I think as can't have cucumber yet!

Loving Dukan so far but it's very different from anything else I have done, I've lost nearly 2 stone on weight watchers this year however got stuck in a rutt with it hence changing to Dukan

Xxx

Back