Shocked - hungry is painful - knocked out of ketosis??!

Poppysparkle

Silver Member
So, got weighed in this morning after my week of SS+, which I have really loved, and lost 3lb, which is very good in my book! Last night as it was Saturday :)p) I decided to have a chicken breast omlette and had some spring onion (I know there is some controvesy over this, but CDC said it was fine), mushrooms and a little bit of rocket. I've been feeling a little bit hungry all week when it comes to evening, but today has been awful! I'm positive that I've been knocked out of ketosis and swear it must be the veg that I've eaten!!!

I was unsure whether to just work through it and go straight back to SS, or to eat just protein so texted CDC and she said do the latter and eat as much as I wanted to get through it, and then stick to just protein meals.

I had forgotten how painful being hungry is!! I was feeling lightheaded, sick and weak and extremely ravenous!! Not good! I had suspected that I was out of ketosis as I was no longer cold and had been sweating today getting ready and haven't had cold feet for the last few days, especially at night, when I'm normally wrapped up in a blanket!

Just shows when you are tempted to have some veg, as surely it can't hurt, it literally can!! I must be very sensitive to carbs, that's all I can think!

I think you may just be very unlucky and be really carb sensitive as you said before! I have had allsorts of stuff in the past like carrots etc and stayed in ketosis. At least now you know to try and keep as low as possible with carbs. Hope you're back to feeling normal soon :)

So, got weighed in this morning after my week of SS+, which I have really loved, and lost 3lb, which is very good in my book! Last night as it was Saturday :)p) I decided to have a chicken breast omlette and had some spring onion (I know there is some controvesy over this, but CDC said it was fine), mushrooms and a little bit of rocket. I've been feeling a little bit hungry all week when it comes to evening, but today has been awful! I'm positive that I've been knocked out of ketosis and swear it must be the veg that I've eaten!!!

Just shows when you are tempted to have some veg, as surely it can't hurt, it literally can!! I must be very sensitive to carbs, that's all I can think!

Wow. That really is quite odd. Okay, so the spring onion would be slightly higher in carbs, but not much and I doubt you had that much? The mushrooms are again very low carb and you only had a little bit of rocket.

Quick question - did you have anything else - like a Coke Zero, for example?

Alternatively - going by your symptoms - it is possible that you've actually picked up a bug, and that's what's making you feel so wibbly.

Ha Lily!! Caught out!! As it was Saturday night (LOL!!) I did have a small half glass of Coke Zero!!!!! The first I've had this diet and I did wonder, but then I'd felt a little hungry all week, so put it down to the extra veg - but thinking about it I only had a few button mushrooms, one spring onion and a small amount of rocket!!

I put it down to this because I've felt more hungry all week, but then I thought this might be in anticipation of eating what has become a regular meal, so more psychological.

I have been busy today, but not in a physical way. Now, why would the small glass of Coke Zero do that? It was probably less than half a can, and I made my husband pour it so I didn't go over the top!

This evening I have had two scrambled eggs and smoked salmon and a bowl of prawns, and I feel much better.

Not ill Lily, so it's not that.

Ha Lily!! Caught out!! As it was Saturday night (LOL!!) I did have a small half glass of Coke Zero!!!!! The first I've had this diet and I did wonder, but then I'd felt a little hungry all week, so put it down to the extra veg - but thinking about it I only had a few button mushrooms, one spring onion and a small amount of rocket!!

I put it down to this because I've felt more hungry all week, but then I thought this might be in anticipation of eating what has become a regular meal, so more psychological.

I have been busy today, but not in a physical way. Now, why would the small glass of Coke Zero do that? It was probably less than half a can, and I made my husband pour it so I didn't go over the top!

LOL, not fair, is it? But Coke Zero's been known to do that to me too - and it took me years to figure it out. Some people react to artificial sweeteners as if they're real sugar. So the artificial sweetener triggers an insulin response to deal with the sugar. Except... there isn't any sugar to deal with, so your body's left with the insulin and thinking, "Hey, where's the sugar??" - which makes you hungry.

Now I have to say that I don't think this happens every time, or maybe sometimes I'm feeling stronger than other times, and maybe there's some other hormonal TOTM effect - GOK. But it was more likely to be the Coke Zero that made you hungry than the food.

Hey ho. :sigh:

Very interesting Lily - I've learnt my lesson and the Coke Zero is definitely off my list. I'm going to do just protein for the next few days and see how I go. Every time I get up and do anything that takes any effort this evening, the waves of hunger come back - I've eaten quite a bit of protein, so I know I'm not going to faint or anything, which is how I felt before!

This is definitely a real learning curve continually.

Thanks for the advice Lily.

hiya, sorry to hear of your little hiccup but glad to see u found the cause and are back on track. uv got great losses going on there i see, u must be very pleased!!!! iv started CD today as didnt get to start it a few weeks back so i think im prob about 4 weeks behind u, i hope i have good losses like yours, your doing great hun, keep it up xx

This evening I have had two scrambled eggs and smoked salmon and a bowl of prawns, and I feel much better.

Hate to break it to you but oily fish is not advised hun - which includes salmon...but the prawns are fine.

Don't know if anyone knows why?

I know Ishafik, but I was pretty desperate yesterday and it was the only ready to eat protein in the fridge!! LOL! Although CDC had said it was fine the other week, I think it might be too do with the salt content or something maybe that it is not advised.

I did have smoked salmon a couple of times last week, and weigh in was great, so I don't think I'll avoid, unless someone can give me a very good reason not to eat it! LOL!

Well I suppose everyone is different - I LOVE SMOKED SALMON so would give anything to be able to sit and munch it but I kicked myself out of ketosis and put on 0.5lb last week because I wasn't concentrating properly.

I think my body just need to get used to dieting again and it will start to come off at a steady pace.

Back