Shoes advice please!

evilpenguin

Not evil at all
I'm going to a wedding in August and would like to wear some pretty shoes for it, but I can't walk in heels. I can't even walk in those kitten heel shoes! Then yesterday I saw a pair of wedges that would be perfect and I was wondering if wedges are any easier to walk in?

The problem with heels for me is that the bottom bit of the heel is always really small and because I'm big it makes me feel unstable. So I thought maybe the wedges would be easier because the whole shoe touches the ground and not just the heel? Does that make sense?

Am I right in thinking I could walk in wedges?? Or shall I stick to flat shoes? :)

Wedges do give you that stability that heels don't why not go in to say Asda/Tesco try on some wedges & have a good walk round, & see what you think. You could always buy a cheap pair of wedges off ebay & try them out & then if they are ok buy the ones you want.

Wedges do give you that stability that heels don't why not go in to say Asda/Tesco try on some wedges & have a good walk round, & see what you think. You could always buy a cheap pair of wedges off ebay & try them out & then if they are ok buy the ones you want.

I will have a look in Asda when I'm next in, thanks for the idea!!

Wedges are much more stable than heels.
Definitely try some on, they had some lovely pairs in Asda that I was coveting yesterday.

I had the same problem about shoes for my son's graduation, because I have a very bad right knee, and can't walk in 'wobbly' shoes, so, I have opted for a pair of wedges from M & S, and if I'm honest, it makes my lovely dress look less 'mother of the bridey'

I had the same problem about shoes for my son's graduation, because I have a very bad right knee, and can't walk in 'wobbly' shoes, so, I have opted for a pair of wedges from M & S, and if I'm honest, it makes my lovely dress look less 'mother of the bridey'

Changing the subject, how exciting your son's graduation; our son graduated last year & it was such an amazing day I felt so proud of what he had achieved, have a wonderful day:)

I love wedges, my shoe cupboard is full of them! I can not walk in heels, no matter what size. Give me a 6 inch wedge though, and I'm good to go. So much more stable and comfortable.

Changing the subject, how exciting your son's graduation; our son graduated last year & it was such an amazing day I felt so proud of what he had achieved, have a wonderful day:)

Thank you, I am so looking forward to it! xx

Haven't looked myself but been told that clarkes online are selling off their sandals at a much reduces price as they ordered them in bulk and due to the rubbish "summer" we've had there is loads left. Been told of this by a lady who's daughter works in a clarkes shop- the sale isn't in store, only online and its only for sandals. Might be some wedge sandals? You never know, anyway hope someone finds it useful! X

Haven't looked myself but been told that clarkes online are selling off their sandals at a much reduces price as they ordered them in bulk and due to the rubbish "summer" we've had there is loads left. Been told of this by a lady who's daughter works in a clarkes shop- the sale isn't in store, only online and its only for sandals. Might be some wedge sandals? You never know, anyway hope someone finds it useful! X

Thanks for this x

Oops didnt mean to ignore this thread. Thanks for the replies!

I tried on a pair of wedges in Asda but they were tied together so couldn't properly test them, but I felt comfortable in them!

Its just finding a pair I like in size 9 that's the problem. Iron Fist do have 9s but they are all really high! Think 3 inches is my limit lol.

Think ebay is my best bet :)

evilpenguin said:
Oops didnt mean to ignore this thread. Thanks for the replies!

I tried on a pair of wedges in Asda but they were tied together so couldn't properly test them, but I felt comfortable in them!

Its just finding a pair I like in size 9 that's the problem. Iron Fist do have 9s but they are all really high! Think 3 inches is my limit lol.

Think ebay is my best bet :)

New look do size 9 shoes, and have some lovely wedges on their website.
I also find they are reasonably priced :)

Have a lovely time. X

Back