Shopping list for newbies and best places to find stuff.

Blaze

is a tasty crumpet
I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread where people can list their essential ingredients and food, plus the best places to find them. Any recommendations for a 'newbie kit' would be great too, e.g. coconut oil, full fat Greek yoghurt, etc.

I'll start: I've ordered some coconut oil from Amazon for £5 all in, but the best place for me to get it is my local ethnic food shop. They usually have 500ml jars for around a pound. Unfortunately they were out of stock when I looked a few days ago and I couldn't wait.

Courgettes. I've been using them as 'pasta' even in my Slimming World days. I prepare mine by slicing the courgette in half lengthways, then in half again so it's been quartered. Then I use a vegetable peeler to slice it into thick, tagliatelle-like ribbons.

I saw a good Jamie Oliver demo where he only uses the outer bits of the courgette & not the inner spongy bits. Looked a nice recipe. I found some cheap coconut oil in the world foods section at Tesco too (incidentally the coconut milk was much cheaper from this section too)

Oh yes, that's true of most supermarkets actually. They mark up prices in the main section and you can find lots of stuff cheaper in the ethnic sections.

Back