SHOPPING!!!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Rayven, 10 January 2008 Social URL.

1. Rayven

Rayven Addicted to Minimins!

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.15%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    What is it about clothes shopping that makes you want to kill yourself??!! Ok so maybe i'm exaggerating slightly, but OMG went to Asda for a few bits and pieces for the girls and i thought 'ooooh while i'm here i'll get some new trousers.' Went and picked some up - size 20 and a couple of tops that looked ok, went to the changing room only to find that the trousers wouldn't go over my hips and the tops both made me look heavily pregnant (ok so my fat is what ACTUALLY makes me look heavily pregnant, but you get my drift) :cry::cry::cry::cry:I came out feeling bigger than i did when i went in!
    However, as an incentive i bought the trousers anyway, give it a few weeks and i'll be in them! ;) (well if i find a new CDC anyway!)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. nce1

nce1 is a reader not a poster

Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Diet:
    Dukan
    I avoid shopping for clothes and i tend to only go if things are looking tight and shabby. The plus side is that when you cant fit into things you like you are more determined to lose the weight. Good luck in finding a new CDC .

4. Russiandoll

Russiandoll Carpe diem

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan - Step 1
    Asda clothes are often a bit contrary - sometimes I can get into one thing but not another the exact same size. Maybe it's down to where they're manufactured.

The T-shirts are usually too short for me - I like to have my budhha belly well and truly convered. Most of the 'smock' type tops make me look 10 months pregnant with triplets - when in reality I only look 10 months pregnant with twins! How inconsiderate is that?

I'm just having to face the fact that I'm just not going to be happy with ANYTHING I wear at the moment but that things will soon change.

5. Rayven

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.15%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I don't think i'd have been happy even if they fitted perfectly, the fact is that i don't look the way i want to......................YET!

6. hungry_hippo

hungry_hippo Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I don't think it helps the matter that the lighting is always movie-set standard and the mirrors appear to have been used in "Alice in Wonderland."

Hungry Hippo
    x

7. Dutch

Dutch Goodbye Tum

Diet:
    Exante
    If it makes you feel any better I've got some 18 trousers from asda that are tight and some 16 ones that are slightly loose, don't go by sizes, you're on here doing cd so you'll be tiny soon, thats what matters xxx

8. SoonToBeGorgeous

SoonToBeGorgeous Loving the Cambridge Diet

Diet:
    Cambridge Plan
    Yes I agree - don't go by the sizes, go by how you feel and the way you look

9. Porgeous

Porgeous Chilling

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(38.07%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    And you will be staggered and amazed at how quickly what is currently too tight will be falling off!

10. Rayven

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.15%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Yeah i know that i shouldn't go by size, but i guess i've fooled myself into thinking that my weight problem wasn't THAT bad. Its only those rare occasions when i catch a glimpse of what i REALLY look like i get down about it. Do i REALLY look pregnant??? Errrrrmmmmm.........honest answer would be yes! :(
    Not for much longer though! :)

11. k-nine

k-nine Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Boots Diets online
    And you will also be staggered and amazed at how what once was an ordeal becomes a pleasure. I speak as someone who detested shopping for clothes but has just spent £*%$£"£$ this morning!! I really did need clothes for work ......she tells herself repeatedly....

k9
    x

12. Rayven

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.15%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Bless ya! I'm sure you really, really needed every single thing you bought!
    I HATE clothes shopping! My OH loves the fact that i don't drag him round the shops on a Saturday!!

13. Fuzzys Angel

Fuzzys Angel The Lovely James Hetfield

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Awwww bless ya hun :hug99: it won't be long until yo'll enjoy shopping. I hated clothes shopping when i was bigger, i even had trouble buying things in evans coz i felt frumpy even if they did fit!

But now i love it i spend a fortune on clothes :eek: & why not? all those years of not buying i'm making up for it now!! :D

Chin up hun you wait until you can buy all those skimpy clothes for summer :).....xxx

14. Deb G

Deb G Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.56%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I bought 5 pairs of trousers in the NEXT Christmas sale. All five pairs fit me perfectly, but 1 is a size 14, 2 are 12s and 2 are 10s. So ignore the label and go with what fits and looks good. I'm the LAST person I would expect to be saying that, but I've FINALLY learned the truth!

15. Vicx

Vicx Reduction!!!!

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(14.15%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Tell me about it! I went out a lunchtime spotted a lovely dress in Monsoon in the sale that I thought would fit my shape perfectly................but it actually made me look bigger - how the hell does that happen!?????

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.