Shorts by the Summer

Shygirl84

I don't wear shorts. Not at this size anyway. The last time I wore shorts was on my honeymoon almost 3 years ago, before my baby boy came along. This Summer I will be wearing shorts. This diary will follow my journey from being overweight (I was obese last month!) to healthy and from covering up in the baggiest clothes to wearing fashionable (I am only 31) Summer clothes. Here goes.......

Well, as I said I'm a 31 year old married mum of one. My son is almost 19 months old. I lost 2 1/2 stone with Slimming World before getting married and reached a weight of around 10st 4 at my lowest. I then fell pregnant and gained a lot of weight :eek: I rejoined Slimming World a few weeks after my son was born and around 2 stone fell off me quickly. Possibly too quickly, and I wasn't ready to be back with a very young baby. I fell off the wagon and stayed off it for over a year. In that time, I put on around a stone.

That brings us to 2015. I rejoined sw (yes, again). I set a very achievable interim target and am not pressuring myself with time scales etc (other than the shorts thing!!). If there is a special occasion I will eat what I want. If it is someone's birthday and there is cake, I will eat cake. But, the rest of the time I will be totally on plan.

So far I have lost 13.5lbs (sooooo close to that stone) and only had one gain (my birthday week - lots of food, lots of wine, lots of pounds gained). I'm very happy with that. My wi day is a Thursday and have found myself on the social team taking payments. Doing this is good for me, because I have to go! If I don't go, I will be letting people down.

In a nutshell that's me.

Today 25/2/15 (I think)

B: bacon (fat removed), fried egg (fry light) and beans for breakfast (no speed here).
L: jacket potato with 30g cheddar (hea) mixed into the potato and sprinkled on top (then grilled...mmmmmmm!!!), left over beans and half a plate of salad (lettuce, cucumber, pepper and tomatoes).
D: Bean and beef hotpot made with onions and carrots and served with peas and green beans. Yes I know, beans 3 times in a day. I've never, ever done that before and it wasn't intentional!! (1.5 syns - flour).
S: 175ml wine (6 syns)

I've had a cheeky check on the scales today. I lost 2lbs last week and didn't deserve it, so this week has been a bit of a struggle to lose. All I want is a half pound loss so that I can reach my stone award. The scales kinda show that loss, but they are a bit random and fluctuate quite a bit, and show around 3lbs more than sw scales. Fingers crossed I get my stone award. I'll only be 4 lbs away from my club 10 then.....small targets.

I'm having my hair cut later. I'm not one of these women that love having their haircut and find it relaxing. I can think of a million other things I'd rather do and am not particularly looking forward to it.

Last edited:
Hair has been cut, I'm wondering if that will help with tomorrow's weigh in. I mean hair must weigh something, surely??!! Lol!!!

I've made an arrabiata sauce (syn free) and cooked up some pasta for tomorrow and Friday's lunch. Just got to decide now whether to have it hot or cold with salad. Decision, decisions!!

Total syns for today - 7.5 :)

Grrrrrrrr.....I'm fed up tonight. Sts at wi, despite being good this week. I know it's from the week before, where I lost but shouldn't have! I'm so determined to reach my 1 stone award next week!

Good morning! New day, fresh week, pounds to lose, shorts to wear.

Embarrassing, but motivating fact about yesterday......very grateful I was wearing trousers and not a dress/skirt. They were the only thing keeping my knickers up! Seriously!! They were a pair I hadn't worn for a few weeks and are now massive!! Woohoo moment, but slightly annoying pulling them up all day. I think it's time to invest in smaller ones!! Size 14 here I come!!

My plan of today:

B: bacon, eggs, beans (yes I know, again.....but in my defence I didn't have any yesterday!!)
S: Apple
L: pasta in homemade arrabiata sauce, with a salad (lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, peppers). Melon, 2 satsumas.
D: Ginger and soy salmon with stir fry veg and noodles (0.5 syns).

I've then not touched my hea or heb, and the only syns will come from dinner. If I'm peckish I can have an alpen light bar (or two), and my evening syns will be for a glass of vino or a g&t (slimline of course). May go down the g&t route this evening for a change at 2.5 syns per 25mls.

I bought a new new countdown last night, which means I get a new book next week. Woop! Also means I'm staying for at least another 12 weeks ;)

Last edited:
Food has gone as planned today. So far I've had 3 syns (half with dinner and 2.5 with a g&t). I will be having another drink in a little whole to will be up to 5.5 syns.

The salmon with soy, ginger and honey was totally gorgeous. I will definitely be having that again!

I am soooooo determined to have a good loss next Thursday!

Figured I'd make it clearer by popping today's food in a new post.

B: bacon, eggs, beans (yes I know, again.....but in my defence I didn't have any yesterday!!)
S: Apple
L: pasta in homemade arrabiata sauce, with a salad (lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, peppers). Melon, 2 satsumas.
D: Ginger and soy salmon with stir fry veg and noodles (0.5 syns).

S: 3 x g&t (7.5), alpen light (heb).

Total syns 8/15

I find weekends more difficult. It's not that I'm eating junk or anything, it's just that I want something different to the week when I'm at work. I'm going to have to look at different lunch ideas for when I'm at home.

Today's menu.
B: melon and 2 x satsumas.
L: noodles with veg stock and chillies added.
D: steak with peppercorn sauce (1 syn and hea), peas and sw chips.
S: 1 x cereal bar. 4 x gin and slimline tonics (well it is Saturday night!!) 10 syns.

Happy news today, though. I'm wearing size 14 jeans. It has been a while since I've been able to say that. I've also had to go shopping for new work trousers and underwear, all size 14. Woohoo......12 next!

Total syns 11/15

Last edited:
Sunday

B: bacon and egg bap (heb)
L: tuna, pasta, sweetcorn and salad (lettuce, cucumber, pepper and tomatoes)
D: chicken dinner. Chicken, potatoes, swede, carrots, broccoli, sprouts, Yorkshire pudding (2 syns) and gravy (1 syn).
S: wine (9 syns), 1 gin and slimline (2.5 syns)

total syns
14.5/15

Last edited:
Thank you. :) I hope so too!!

I found the sauce recipe on *********, and it looked simple so gave it a go. This was the original recipe, but I add more garlic to it. I'm not sure if it's a perfect arrabiata, but I like it and it's easy!

1 x onion
2 x garlic cloves
2 x chillies (or however many you want dependent how spicy you like it!)
500g passata
200ml vegetable stock

Fry your onions, garlic cloves and chillies until soft (around 10 - 15 minutes)
Add passata and vegetable stock, bring to the boil and then simmer for 15 - 20 minutes whilst cooking your chicken, pasta and preparing your salad! (if that's what you fancy!)

Good luck on your sw journey! X

Monday morning again! They keep coming around so quickly!! 4 more weeks until my next holidays from work!

I'm 100% sticking to plan this week! looking forward to Thursday because there should be a nice loss on those scales and my stone award!!

Today's menu is looking like this:
B: bacon, egg, beans
S: apple
L: pasta, tuna, sweetcorn, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, pepper, cheese (hea). Melon and pineapple. 2 x satsumas.
D: sweet and sour chicken (2 syns).
S: 2 x alpen bars (heb). Rosé wine (6 syns)

Total syns 8/15

Last edited:
Thank you :)

Today has gone well. I didn't eat my satsumas at lunch time (too full!) and haven't had my heb yet, but can have alpen bars later as a snack if hungry!

I'm wearing new work trousers today....size 14 :D Size 16 had become massive, and the 14's fit me perfectly in the morning, but start to get a little tight by the end of the day. Hopefully in a week or two they will fit perfectly all day!! Also treated myself to a new pair of shoes on the internet last night. I've decided that as well as shorts I can wear fashionable clothes this Summer....I usually cover up when I'm bigger. I've got no idea what clothes size I'll end up being, but figured I could start by getting myself a nice pair of shoes, or two!

Tuesday, which means 2 days until my wi!

Today's plan:
B: bacon, egg, beans
L: pasta, tuna, sweetcorn, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, pepper, cheese (hea). Melon and pineapple. 2 x satsumas.
D: pulled pork in a bun (heb), sw chips, salad.

Can use my syns for a snack after food this evening. I have viscount biscuits in the cupboard at 3.5 syns or caramel wafer bars at 4.5 syns.

Today went well :) Didn't have my apple or satsumas. I used my syns for a packet of maltesers (9.5 syns). Yum!!! I was really fancying, and the best thing about this plan is that I can have it! The pulled pork was lovely. Hubby is having some of the leftovers in his sandwich tomorrow, so can't have been bad!

I've been naughty and had a cheeky peek at the scales. It shows a loss of around a pound. I'm a tad disappointed with that because I've been perfectly on plan this week, and the week's I have lost I've never lost less than 2lbs. I'm hoping it will be a little more by Thursday evening.

Today's menu

B: Bacon, egg, beans
L: chicken and branston roll (heb and 1 syn). Pineapple, melon and 2 x satsumas.
S: Viscount (3.5 syns)
D: Turkey risotto.
S: alpen light (3 syns)

Total syns 7.5/15

I have had a roll for lunch instead of my usual pasta today, and I've been peckish since. Think I'll stick with my usual!! It could also all be in my head though.....it's wi day tomorrow!

Last edited:
Good luck tomorrow with your wi. I need to pop over and read through your diary. :) xx

Back