Should I be varying my diet

mabbs1960

Morning

I am 7 weeks in and loving it, but I find I eat almost the same thing every day.

Breakfast - 6 x Ryvita Crackerbread, 2 x Philadelphia Light tubs (mini) and some turkey ham or ham. At the weekends I have a Slimming World fry up on Sunday morning which is completely syn free.

Lunch - Plain chicken salad with jacket potato (no dressing), Mug Shot and a packet of Skips (4 syns)

Evening meal - Main meal normally meat and veg or Spag Bol/Chilli or fish

Each night I have two Mullerlight Greek Yoghurts (½ syn each) and 1 Curly Wurly (6 syns)

Between meals I mainly snack on fruit

In order to ensure a good weight loss should I be changing things up and eating different foods? I am enjoying my meals very much and not hungry at all. My weight loss started slow but has been fairly steady so far - averaging about 2lb per week.

Thanks

Last edited:
I definitely wouldn't say 2lb a week was slow - that's fantastic! There are many people on here who'd absolutely love to say they lost an average of 2lb per week.

With regards to mixing things up a bit, I definitely think it's a good idea. I know that I can find myself bored if I eat the same things over and over again, and it can lead to me becoming 'bored' and falling off the wagon. It's also a good idea because I think your body can get used to the same things. I always try and mix up my healthy extras and alternate my meals - it just helps to keep your body "on it's toes".

I'd definitely say give it a go. There are thousands of recipes both on this forum and on the SW website, so there really is no reason to be eating the same meals day in, day out.

Thank you. I'm new to this forum so will check out the recipes and see what I can find. I'm not the greatest cook so will need something quick and simple.

I try to change healthy bs each day and also take a different lunch to work so i dont get bored xxx

I try to change healthy bs each day and also take a different lunch to work so i dont get bored xxx

My boss buys the company lunch every day. We work in an industrial estate with a catering company next door. Sounds great but actually means I'm very limited to what I can have as I don't know how the food they offer has been prepared. I tend to stick to chicken salad or beans & jacket potato (if its really cold outside). I do sometimes bring in leftovers from the night before but most days its easier to have the same thing rather than the wonderful specials they keep trying entice the staff with.

2 lbs a week is great and you've done amazingly so far but going by a lot of members in my group, it slows down eventually if you are having the same meals. You get bored like said previous. a lady at my group has lost about 8st in a year and believes one of her main reasons for it is changing her HEXs every day through the week. After hearing this I put it into action and it definitely keeps you more interested in the plan. I started SW rubbish at cooking but now I love it and get sad when I cant constantly cook different recipes due to money. I find because of weekly shoping budgets it can cause the same things every day but with some planning you can get round it.

I tend to have a similar lunch every day of mugshot or chicken salad, but breakfast is the main thing I changed. started having Branflakes everyday with milk and using up my HEXs in one go, now I'll have fruit with yoghurt, eggs on toast, bacon sarnies, alpen bars and fruit, fry up at the weekends.

If you are happy I would carry on and then when it does start to slow down, have a think about things you dont and do like :)

Back