Should i give up on SW?

Trash

Still fighting
Hiya All

Been doing SW for 22 weeks and all in all i've lost 4lb's!!

Yep how rubbish is that...I have lost up to 8lb's but i seem to lose a pound then put on 3lb's then STS and then lose 1lb and so on.... and there is no reason for the huge differences as i do not syn anymore in one week than the next ...always have 10syns give or take an odd day where i may go up to 15!

I do Zumba 3 times a week ....i have cut out fruit for veg and salad instead so there isn't any added sugar. I mix up my menu's and love to cook SW meals.

Am at my wits end with it tbh and am thinking of jumping ship what do you all think?

are you eating enough? are you drinking enough?

do you have a food diary on here? that way others might see something you need to improve or change

if not maybe see you doctor as it could be a thyroid thing perhaps.. or if you are on and medication perhaps.

Also... that happened to me a few years ago when I was on the contraceptive injection so it could be hormonal so once again see a doctor :D

hope this helps even a little bit xxx

Trash said:
Hiya All

Been doing SW for 22 weeks and all in all i've lost 4lb's!!

Yep how rubbish is that...I have lost up to 8lb's but i seem to lose a pound then put on 3lb's then STS and then lose 1lb and so on.... and there is no reason for the huge differences as i do not syn anymore in one week than the next ...always have 10syns give or take an odd day where i may go up to 15!

I do Zumba 3 times a week ....i have cut out fruit for veg and salad instead so there isn't any added sugar. I mix up my menu's and love to cook SW meals.

Am at my wits end with it tbh and am thinking of jumping ship what do you all think?

I've been there! Six months on green and lost 4lb. Tried red and not fared much better. Now I am doing red but with an eye on cals as even on red I was having 1800 - 2000 cals a day and that is too much for someone my size to lose weight. So I am going with the SW principles but trying to keep to no more than 1300 cals a day. My diary is The Red Veggie.

Have u tried estimating your cal intake?

Consultant said my food diary is fine and to be patient that was 2 months ago - I've since given up going to class as i feel such a let down and feel that people are thinking im not taking it seriously because of my rubbish losses!

I've been the Doc and they tested me for diabetes and thryroid both ok.

I've cut down on pasta, bread, bannana's, grapes and even recently cut out breakfast cereals as well in the hope of better persistant losses but nope not helped :'(

I will see if i can post a normal weeks diary but don't think there's anything going on there - I love my SF and i snack on pickled onions and beetroot.

I'm not on any contraceptive so cant be that...only think i think it could be down to is i had my gall bladder out in Jan and it seems ever since then i cant seem to lose weight properly?!!

Hey hun. Sorry to c your having a bad time! But I am exactly the same as u. Been on it 14 weeks and lost 2 pound in total. Lost 9 then the past 5 weeks has been 3lb on half a pound off! It's doing my brain in but to be fair it's no1s fault but my own I really aint sticking to it, mayb we can help eachother along seeing as we are in the same boat? Good Luck hun u can do it. Don't give up xxxx

Monday

Muller yoghurt
Strawberries
1 slice of wholemeal toast
Tuna
Co-op W/M pitta HEB
Frazzles
Fruit salad

Salmon pasta bake
Salad
Grated cheese (half HEA)
W/M bread 6
Frazzles 5

Tuesday
Shreddies HEB
SS Milk HEA
Banana
Baked beans
Jacket pot
Fruit salad

Lightly dusted fish
SW chips
Mushy peas
veg
Fish 3
WM Bread 6
wednesday
Muller yoghurt
Melon

Ham & salad
W/M pitta HEB
Frazzles
Fruit salad
Youghurt
Cottage Pie
Veg
fruit
Frazzles 5
Houmous 2
Freddo 5

thursday
Strawberries
Muller yog
Ham & salad
W/M pitta HEB
Frazzles
Fruit salad
Pork medallions
BBQ sauce
Veg
SW chips
Frazzles 5
Bbq sauce 2

friday
1 slice of wholemeal toast
Muller yog
strawberries
Tuna salad
1 WM pitta HEB
Cheese HEA
Houmous
Fruit

Fish with sweet potatoes salad
fruit

Houmous 2
Vodka 12
saturday
SW Magic Pancakes HEB
Fruit
Omelette
salad
Cottage pie, carrots, swede, green beans, gravy
Hi fi RR 3
Gravy 2
sunday
SW Magic
Pancakes HEB
Roast chick and veg

fruit
WM sarnie HEBx2
Frazzles
Apple crumble & squirt cream
Frazzles 5
Pud 7

It's strange that you wouldn't lose weight but eating less and cutting out things usually isn't the answer. Often times when people up their calories they find that the weight starts coming off.

I wouldn't give up on SW overall, but what it might be worth doing is looking at you TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) and BMR (basal metabolic rate) numbers (these are the calories you need daily to function.) It's recommended that you eat below this by about 20% to lose 1-2lbs a week.

Apologies if this seems very complicated and not what you were looking for but it might be useful to look at how much you should be eating from a calorie point of view and compare it to what you are eating. Then see what you might need to change/adjust.

Hey hun. Sorry to c your having a bad time! But I am exactly the same as u. Been on it 14 weeks and lost 2 pound in total. Lost 9 then the past 5 weeks has been 3lb on half a pound off! It's doing my brain in but to be fair it's no1s fault but my own I really aint sticking to it, mayb we can help eachother along seeing as we are in the same boat? Good Luck hun u can do it. Don't give up xxxx

Hi there thanks for your post - it helps knowing im not alone! I've just posted a typical weeks food diary and hope someone can see where i'm going wrong!

Do you do EE ? I do though i have tried green and red but its not realistic doing either as doesn't really fit in with the family!

It's strange that you wouldn't lose weight but eating less and cutting out things usually isn't the answer. Often times when people up their calories they find that the weight starts coming off.

I wouldn't give up on SW overall, but what it might be worth doing is looking at you TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) and BMR (basal metabolic rate) numbers (these are the calories you need daily to function.) It's recommended that you eat below this by about 20% to lose 1-2lbs a week.

Apologies if this seems very complicated and not what you were looking for but it might be useful to look at how much you should be eating from a calorie point of view and compare it to what you are eating. Then see what you might need to change/adjust.

Hi thanks for you advise - and i think someone else mentioned calorie intake - i haven't looked into this in any great detail but think perhaps i should try it as you said will google how to work out the figures you mentioned etc

Are you having at least 1/3 superfree with every meal? Is your ham lean? you have to be careful with pre packed hams if thats what your using. Are your syns measured or just guesstimated? ie the crumble was it home made how did you syn it? Just a few things that might help. Hope next week is better for you- persevere it will happen.

ok i've just worked out my TDEE = 2219
My BMR = 1605

I worked out todays calories eaten and they added up to = 1298 ??? Does anyone know if this is good or bad?

What about the fast forward plan people mention ?think it's the one a consultant puts you on if you reach a plateau ?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Okay, fast forward is the plan of which we do not speak on here. Only discussed with a consultant

You are cutting out too many things, this is not really following SW. You shouldn't have to cut out things.

If you are going to count calories then don't go below 1200. If you want a low cal diet then follow Rosemary Conley, this is 1200 cals for 2 weeks then it increases to an amount worked out by your weight etc, probably a bit like you've just done.

I can't see your diary very well, it goes awry on iPad, but it looks like a bit of superfree is lacking on some meals.

I do believe SW works for all, but it doesn't suit everyone.

If your having 1200 or there abouts every day and not losing weight then there HAS to be an underlying problem. You absolutely will not gsin weight consuming those calories or not lose any at all from the off. To plateau you would see a big drop in weight first until your body weight met the energy your burning and your metabolism slows to meet this new intake, you wouldn't just not lose weight at all. The only other thing is you could be grossly underestimating your portions, are you weighing everything? Are you levelling off teaspoons/tablespoons? Are you picking at food but not writing down that your eating it? Are your portions big? I would recommend calorie counting alongside Sw, just for a week but it means NO snacking freely on anything, you must weigh and measure EVERYTHING, including sugar free juice. Just see it as an experiment, if you stick to 1200 cals a day for one week abd still lose nothing then there is definitely a problem. If you lose weight you know your slipping up somewhere on the Sw plan in the way if portions etc x

Back