Should i go ... or put it off until Saturday?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by mazziecoupe, 23 September 2010 Social URL.

1. mazziecoupe

mazziecoupe Full Member

hello :wave_cry:

I usually have my WI at 6.30 this evening but as i've had a pretty poor week eating wise i really dont know if i should go.. there is another meeting at 10am on Saturday morning, maybe i should wait till then? weighing less in morning etc.. On the other hand maybe i should just go and face the music and take the shame to teach me never to slip again?? What do you think? :cry:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Moo85

Moo85 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st2lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(11.39%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Not sure if this well help but I did the same thing once, my usual W/I is Weds evening and I couldnt make it so I went to one on the follwoing Sat morning. I got a 1.5 lb 'loss' that day, but it showed as a 1.5 lb gain the following W/I on Weds because the loss was just daily fluctuation, and I only had half a week until the next W/I which isnt much time to lose any actual weight!

4. loungelizard

loungelizard Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st0.5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13.5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(11%)
    Diet:
    SW Extra Easy
    I'd stick to my regular one.

5. *honey

*honey Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13.5lb(8.33%)
    Diet:
    Slim fast
    I think really you should go tonight and face the music as you say. going on a different day wont change what you weigh today and as Moo85 said, saturdays WI will give you a false reading. It might not be as bad as you think!

6. Mel1981

Mel1981 Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st6lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st12.5lb(14.89%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World Extra Easy
    Face the scales as usual, if you put it off tonight what's to stop you from doing the same thing on saturday. Dust last week off and start again :)

7. kymsey

kymsey On a journey !

Diet:
    slimming world
    stick to your usual tonight and whatever the result just remember tomorrow is a new day! good luck xx

8. mazziecoupe

mazziecoupe Full Member

Ok .. i knew i'd get the answer i needed on here - thank you guys!

you never know i might have sts .. doubtful but stranger things have happened

I'll report back this evening once i've been :break_diet:

9. BrittW

BrittW Timelord

Diet:
    Slimming World
    You know it's the right thing to do babe.

No matter the result, you're still fabulous and we're all here for you!! xoxo

10. loungelizard

loungelizard Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st0.5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13.5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(11%)
    Diet:
    SW Extra Easy
    You actually might have a good loss. People quite often do when they've been naughty:confused:

11. mazziecoupe

mazziecoupe Full Member

Really?!! *glimmers with hope she is one of the lucky ones :D *

12. Lily_Cherry

Lily_Cherry Fang Banger

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    16st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.16%)
    I think you should go tonight and get back on track, if you wait until saturday you might be naughty again and not want to go then either and before you know it your off the wagon!

I've definitely lost when I've been naughty! You never know whats going to happen! I almost didn't go week before last as I was sure I'd have gained but I lost 0.5lb - total fluke but going that week really got me motivated again and I lost 4.5lb at my next weigh in!

So in short, go!

13. mazziecoupe

mazziecoupe Full Member

I will , i'll go and face it like a man (well a woman but you get my drift!) ! I won't complain if i have put on and i'll get my head straight to focus all of next week even though we're moving house :(:confused:

14. Lily_Cherry

Lily_Cherry Fang Banger

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    16st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.16%)
    Good Girl :p

Oh how exciting! You'll be so busy with the house move you'll burn loads of calories!

Just make sure you have a quick break to eat something as I know we went all day with nothing when we moved last year and felt rubbish! It's difficult when you move but you can only do your best - good luck!

15. mazziecoupe

mazziecoupe Full Member

I'm dreading the inevidable "too tired to cook lets get takeaway" idea my OH will come up with! :D

I've just noticed your avatar Cherry... Eric Northman is my god and i shall follow him where ever he would lead me... what a man ey!! :D

16. hastalavegan

hastalavegan Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st8.0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(13.79%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    You've made the right choice. I went to WI thinking I was going to gain this week, but I didn't, I maintained. Let us know how it goes.

I managed to not get takeout when I moved into this place a few months ago. The night before I cooked a lovely pasta and veggie sausage dish and brought it with me in tupperware. If you don't feel like doing that, get yourself a pack of flavoured couscous. All you need to do is add some water and leave it for 5 minutes, maybe get something you can put in the oven to go with it.

17. JimJam87

JimJam87 Determined to do this

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm in the same boat as you...I've not had a good week and have my WI tonight but the best thing to do is go and face the music then you can draw a line under the week and start afresh tomorrow. I know all too familiarly that the longer you put it off the harder it is to get back on track. Well done for deciding to go along, and here's hoping we both do better than expected!! :cross: Good luck hun x

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. mazziecoupe

mazziecoupe Full Member

Thanks for all the encouragement, i've just had my lunch a lovely Roast Chicken mugshot (free!) and i'm off for a swim after work to relax myself before the WI xx

20. Lily_Cherry

Lily_Cherry Fang Banger

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    16st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.16%)
    Well thats what we did :p but I 'm not going to encourage you ;)

:D He's just scrummy isn't he? *sigh* I loves him!

21. mazziecoupe

mazziecoupe Full Member

Oh he's a peach, i got too impatient waiting for 3rd series to start over here so i downloaded it and perved over him for 12 full, dreamy, gorgeous, sexual episodes :D

22. heather-bell

heather-bell pigpower

Start Weight:
    15st12lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(6.76%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    good luck, I agree with you, I always feel better after I've been no matter how much I drag my feet in getting there :rolleyes:

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.