Should I start today or wait for my friend?

SammyLouSlim

Morning everybody

I have been eagerly reading all your posts and can't wait to get started, a new friend of mine suggested we do this together when she gets back from her hols (back tonight I think) the problem is I know weekends will be my hardest time so I would like the weekend to be the first days of my week so that I am on a high from any weight loss to help carry me through, if I wait it will be Monday or Tuesday before we can get to the chemists and that way the weekend will be the end of the week and my weakest point.

I am still wanting to do it with her and will happily go again with her on her weigh in day but I also need to think what will be best for me and what is going to give me the best chance of success, I'm stuck, I don't want to let her down but I want to be thin!

Any advice for me?

Thanks all, Sammylou x

You sound in the right frame of mind hun....start now. You can juggle your weigh in so you go together. I'm sure she'll understand.

Good luck hun and welcome to the forum. xx

fatgirl666 and I are starting today so we can all be weight-loss buddies if you like :) I think you should start today as you've stated that you will find weekends hard, and as Shazpaz said you can always still go to your WIs together and still be support to each other, you'll just be a little further on is all.

Hiya

I've been on LT nearly 8 weeks, started this journey with my mate and have to say this really helped and kept us both focussed.

Start weight 18.00st
week1 8lb's lost
week2 5lb's lost
week3 6lb's lost
week4 4lb's lost
week5 5lb's lost
week6 6lb's lost
week7 5lb's lost

i agree start today and by next weekend you will be so upbeat because you will have been for your first WI and that will see you over until the monday on a complete high

Hi there, i can understand your feeling abit up and down about the whole starting and your friend. I just feel so much better now i am started. I onyl got the packs yesterday afternoon an di was even considering starting them last night for dinner!!

You do what you want. Your friend will understand what ever. And if u do stat before her you will be able to give her helpful advice win win if you ask me

Go on start today - you can always change your weigh in day to match your friend - I started on a Monday but always weigh in on a Sat morning so that the high of the loss gets me through the weekend and then by Monday it feels as though I am on the home run to the next weigh in day!!

Start Today!

There's no time like the present...as the saying goes!:)

do whatever you feel comfortable with..if its easier now, do it now..as others have said, your friend will understand and you can weigh together anyway so it really shouldnt matter to her if you start now or after the WE.

h xx

Morning everybody

I have been eagerly reading all your posts and can't wait to get started, a new friend of mine suggested we do this together when she gets back from her hols (back tonight I think) the problem is I know weekends will be my hardest time so I would like the weekend to be the first days of my week so that I am on a high from any weight loss to help carry me through, if I wait it will be Monday or Tuesday before we can get to the chemists and that way the weekend will be the end of the week and my weakest point.

I am still wanting to do it with her and will happily go again with her on her weigh in day but I also need to think what will be best for me and what is going to give me the best chance of success, I'm stuck, I don't want to let her down but I want to be thin!

Any advice for me?

Thanks all, Sammylou x
I would start ASAP... you already know your weakness...work with it and overcome it ...no matter what!
It is nice to do stuff together ..and you still can but just slightly different WI dates...go for it hun...you are doing this for you..so you need to ensure you give it your best shot!!! I am sure she will understand!
You could wait itll nest weekend...but then again you could been down 10lbs by then to .....choices, eh... i know what i would do :D

Thanks guys

Well I started this morning thanks to you guys, feeling really positive about the whole thing and really appreciate your advice and guidance, thankyou all!

I think I'm gonna be addicted to this site for the whole time to be honest!!

Welcome hun! We are ALL addicted to this site! It REALLY helps though! Good on ya for taking the first step! Roll on next weeks weigh in and you will be thrilled that you started now!

START NOW! Friends are or should be always there no matter what.

Honestly my number one tip is DON'T CHEAT!!!! Drink 4 litres or more of water a day. Take your fibre clear and keep the bowel moving. Only exercise if you feel up to it you will lose huge amounts anyway! Pamper yourself for the first week and do as little as possible.....the housework will still be there next week!!!! Oh and keep posting here!! Good Luck hun I'll be watching to see how you get on!

Back