Should I stay or should I go??

lynsbee

Hi all,
I am new to this site and now on week 3 of SW. As with most diets I start....I am at the usual point where I've had 2 good weeks (lost 6.5lbs in 2 weeks) then went to a friend's 2-day wedding at the weekend - ate whatever I wanted and drank like a fish. Weighed myself on Monday and it looks like I've put most of it back on. Weigh in is tomorrow and I've been 'secret eating' like a maniac since stepping on my own scales. I feel like I've blown it and want to give up - this is a pattern I have been following for years. BUT...i've decided to come on here - air my feelings and start a weight loss diary to try a different tactic and get some inspiration and motivation from the MiniMins crowd!
So, dinner right now will not be the unplanned 'cheese on toast & whatever is unhealthy I can sneak out of the cupboard' binge-fest but the nice tuna nicoise salad that I did plan when I wrote out my shopping list before the weekend!

This is the time to change the pattern of a lifetime and stick with something to the end. Who's with me!?!? Xx

Definitely stick with it, i first started SW a couple of months ago, lost a stone, then had a two week binge where I ate anything I wanted, i was quite lucky as when i got on the scales after the two weeks I'd only put 4lbs back on, it is hard to stick to anything like this because you do have to completely change the way you look at food. Good luck!! x

Thanks Kellikins!

So...I went to WI today despite the odds being stacked against me in work with time etc (I go to a lunchtime class) and I put on 2.5lbs - not as bad as I thought after all!! Its not the best result but I have still lost 4lbs overall since I started 3 weeks ago.
Back on it now, bought the new SW magazine for some inspiration!! I am going to keep on with this diary, even if I am just writing to myself, as I think it will keep me going! Hopefully me not giving up and trying to break the pattern of a lifetime will help someone else who stumbles upon this in the same boat :)

Lesson learned today: Dont Give Up, its not as bad as you think!

A bit more about me: I live in Glasgow with my fiance & am trying to go from 180 - 147 pounds by the time my wedding day is here in 6th Sept next year!

Plan for tomorrow: stick to plan and drink plenty of water!

Xx

Hi :) I'm a newbie on Slimming World, only signed up today and have loads to lose... My advice is keep going, cos you will crack it :) I kicked myself the other day as I looked back at my diary from when I did Weight Watchers - I lost just under 2 stone, then let life get in the way, and here I am, almost 2 years later, heavier than I was then. Im determined to shift it now, as I am annoyed at myself I've lost another 2years, especially when it was going.

So yeah, keep going, you have all your mini's behind you - we're all in the same boat, so am sure we can help to bail you out when needed :) We'll get there chick :) xxx

Thanks ladies, your support really helps. I am full of cold today, so feeling a bit deflated because I can't exercise and thats usually a great boost for me & my diet. Today's menu:

1 x wholemeal toast (800g loaf) with mashed banana (Hex B)
Cups of green tea all day
Baked Potato with Tuna Mayo & Salad (3 syns mayo)
Muller FF Greek Yog (GORGEOUS AND 0.5 syn!!)
Melon & Grape salad
Spicy Chorizo Pasta (8 syns):
Fry red onion, garlic & courgette in FryLight for 5 mins, add 100g cubed chorizo sausage and fry until oils release from chorizo
Add tinned tomatoes, tomato puree and a large glug of Balsamic....bubble on high for 2-3 mins then simmer with some seasoning for 10 mins
Boil up some spiralli, then add it to the pan of chorizo sauce using some of the drained pasta water to loosen it all up and make it saucy (oo-er)
Serve with a bag of steamed veggies for 1/3 superfree and a Hex A of freshly grated Parmesan!

Total Syns: 11.5

Feeling good today - I have my fiance's birthday on Saturday and we have dinner out Friday with friends, lunch out Sat together, dinner out Sat night with family then drinks in town. Dear oh Dear....it'll be a toughie :)

xx

Well done on going and facing the music.

Now you can get back on track.

I did the same this week and am proud of myself for going to weigh in, I really wanted to boycott!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well done :) life will get in the way of your diet sometimes, but you had a great loss before and not an awful gain - you can undo that in a week.

Just popping in to say hi :wavey:

You sound like you've got a better hang of this one than I have, was supposed to be first day yesterday, but I really struggled so bigger effort today to get it worked out properly.

Anyway, enough waffling, hope you're having a great day :) xx

I'm a newby to SW too!! This is my first week (weigh in tomorrow)
My losses are goin to be slow, it's so frustrating!
But we all will get there and be smiling at the end with our slim waists and our sknny jeans!
I love this site...so much support and inspiration from other members!
Good luck with your journey adn I will pop in every now and again to see how you are doing :)
x
x

Back