Shouldnt i be in ketosis by now???

lumpybumps

Hi all. I'm coming to the end of day 6 and I'm still not in ketosis!!! I feel awful. I'm sooooo hungry and have already had all three shakes. I'm just sat in tears because I feel so awful. Shaky, weak, headache, and absolutely starving!!!! I just don't know what to do. I can't handle it

lumpybumps said:
Hi all. I'm coming to the end of day 6 and I'm still not in ketosis!!! I feel awful. I'm sooooo hungry and have already had all three shakes. I'm just sat in tears because I feel so awful. Shaky, weak, headache, and absolutely starving!!!! I just don't know what to do. I can't handle it

If you're really hungry why not have a little protein? It won't affect ketosis n might make u feel better? xx

I too took forever to go in to ketosis and had a day from hell on day 5, I had some chicken breast still lost 12 lb the first week. Good luck and stick with it as the worst is nearly over x

You should be in ketosis by now that's weird.

Are you drinking pop? Tea/coffee with milk/sugar/sweeter. Cheating in anyway?

Try eating some protein like any meat. Eggs. Cheese etc just until you get that feeling of not being hungry. Also drink a glass of water to help you hunger pangs.

I drink coffee but black with no sugar. Have only drunk water and have had my 3 shakes and a 200 cal meal which has been chicken and steamed veg :(

I wonder If your like me sensitive to carbs? I am doing 810 no milk though just extra broc or cauli. But I swear I'm not in ketosis. And I'm scared I won't lose weight. Saying that I did many moons ago nearly 6 stones and so have others.

Am sure it will pass. Perhaps half what veg your havin? Add more protien? See if that helps?

Have you spoken to your CDC?

I dont think its possible to halve the veg - I weighed out broccoli and cauliflower and its something like 5 florets! My CDC is on holiday typically! I'm not coping at all. I'm actually in pain my stomach is cramping soooo much

Awe bless you.

Is your tummy cramping because of hunger pangs? Or is because you may have diarrea?

To be honest with you when I did before and was struggling with hunger pangs I would eat protein with the packs if I didn't low carb before starting it.

Like have some eggs and bacon for breakfast with a shake if needed. Tuna for lunch. Chicken and 20g worth of carbs for dinner again shake of needed. Do that for a few days see if that gets u into ketosis? Worked for me, Infact I struggled to have all 3 shakes. I lost nearly 6stone in 5 mnths and I had the odd slip up usually a cheese and pickle sandwich lol .

You can buy the ketone strips from boots to keep an eye on.

lumpybumps said:
The tummy cramps are definately due to hunger. My stomach feels like its eating itself!!!!

I would have some more protein to get u by and plenty more water x

Thanks everyone. I had slightly more protein with my evening meal last night and today have turned a corner. Think I'm FINALLY in ketosis! I can only imagine it was because I am such a carb junkie and had a lot of detoxing to do before going into ketosis! So pleased I didn't give up as I felt like doing yesterday... Got on the scales today and had a wonderful surprise!!! Thanks for keeping me on track xx

Back