shredded wheat

ianrush9

Hi guys,

I normally have 2 wheetabix for my brecky but the shredded wheat was on offer in tesco for 92p!! Is 2 shredded wheat a HE as well - please say yes as I have already eaten them lol!!!

ianrush9 said:
Hi guys,

I normally have 2 wheetabix for my brecky but the shredded wheat was on offer in tesco for 92p!! Is 2 shredded wheat a HE as well - please say yes as I have already eaten them lol!!!

Think it's 1 1/2 for a HEb! You'll need to syn the other half. it's always best to double check things like this beforehand-the same with syns :)

Thanks for that - do you know how many signs half a shredded wheat is - they werent even that nice Ill by some wheetabix tomorrow lol!!

ianrush9 said:
Thanks for that - do you know how many signs half a shredded wheat is - they werent even that nice Ill by some wheetabix tomorrow lol!!

Not of the top of my head no-but you can work it out using the calories! As there is no free food allowance in cereal, you can use the 20cals-1syn rule :) HTH

Hi,

I like the scan brans warmed with boiling water/milk and mashed to a porridge, but it's an expensive way to do that as essentially it just wheat bran!

Does anyone know a good reason why I can just put a couple of tablespoons of wheat bran in Witt my yogurt/porridge?

It's only 13 calories per heaped tablespoon!

Help appreciated :) x

abiwatty said:
Hi,

I like the scan brans warmed with boiling water/milk and mashed to a porridge, but it's an expensive way to do that as essentially it just wheat bran!

Does anyone know a good reason why I can just put a couple of tablespoons of wheat bran in Witt my yogurt/porridge?

It's only 13 calories per heaped tablespoon!

Help appreciated :) x

No, There is no reason why you can't but you will need to syn it-it'll be Half a syn per tbsp

Back