Shrinking shoe size???

CeeCee-is-MeMe

Hi guys,

Quick question really. Are any of you in smaller shoes since losing weight? I have big feet and It would be an extra incentive if I thought that I might drop a size or two in my shoes by shedding the pounds!

Not sure how it works as surely it's bone length etc? but someone told me they heard about someone who went down 3 shoe sizes after losing a huge amount of weight. So maybe there is hope :)

Ccxx

Never heard that one, tried googling but to no avail, sorry

Tbh i wouldnt of thought it would get smaller but stranger things have happened

It's so weird I was just about to start a thread on this too! After much searching online there's a mixed result, lots of people who say they've dropped a size plus and then plenty who said their shoes got looser but they still needed the same size overall. In my own case I'm not carrying a huge amount of fat on my heels/tips of my big toe so I can't imagine going down a whole size, though I sometimes have to get a sizer bigger to accommodate the width of my feet as they are now. Maybe when other people stop having to do that they think they've actually lost a shoe size?

I have to say from experience it's true ..... For me anyway

Before I gained all my weight I was a size 4/4.5 I have the most sexiest pair of Katen Millen shoes I just die to wear again but my feet at the moment are atleast a 5.5 and so I settle for a 6 in most shoes :-(

As I lose weight I can feel my shoes getting bigger and I sound quite possibly a freak for saying it but seriously it happens

I'm living proof that weight comes off in the strangest places... I've lost a stone n half so far and my fingers wrist shoulders toes and knees have almost defo ripped the benefits haha my jeans are dying for a piece of the action lol

Use it as incentive if it works..... Why not whatever works most of us will give it a try xxx

Hi,

In my case yes, I definitely drop shoe sizes. Started off as an 8, am now a 6 or sometimes a 5 if its a wide fitting shoe.

Not quite sure the logic of it as when I was a size 8, they fit properly and toes were at the top, just seemed to shrink when the weight came off

Wow thanks guys... Defo a mixed result!
I hope I do lose a shoe size or two :) but as long as my dress size is shrinking I guess that's the main thing. Thanks again for the info.

Good luck to you all on your weight loss journey... And merry crimbo :)

Ccxx

I'm down a size and a half in shoes! The top of your foot becomes less fatty, making your feet a smaller size and you also lose some from the back of your heel. It's not huge amount but there's not much difference between sizes.

Thanks, caroline, I was thinking how on earth could your feet shrink! I have a friend who says she went down three shoe sizes when she lost weight, actually. I always thought she'd gone a bit weird!
I doubt mine will change though, I've been an 8 since being a teenager (when I was a normal weight)

My feet become slimmer when I lose weight, but not shorter. I notice that when I lose 10 or so pounds, my shoes start 'slipping' more. I do have naturally narrow feet, even when I'm overweight.

On another note; my feet did become longer after having 4 kids (resulting in my shoe size going up 1.5 sizes), even though my weight stayed really low for years after the last was born. I hear bones spread during pregnancy and don't go back all the way afterward. This was my experience.

:heartpump:

Mandy

Wow just shows us what weight (and pregnancy lol) can do to our bodies!

I'm excited to see what other changes I get when I lose all this weight! Perhaps I'll even find I have a neck too lol :)

Ccxx

Back