1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Sian's 2015 restart - time to shift the weight once and for all!

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Food Diaries' started by dudette2001uk, 2 August 2012 Social URL.

1. dudette2001uk

dudette2001uk I will be a Princess!

Evening all!

Well here I am yet again...third time of writing a food diary, but I've come to the realisation that I need the ritual of writing all my food down otherwise I have a tendency to ignore all the syns I put in my mouth! :eek:

I've been pretty rubbish over the last 18 months - I've put on about 2.5stone of the 5.5 stone I lost :( Seeing the weight creeping back on, and seeing how unhappy it's making me, I've decided enough is enough - time for a fresh start from tomorrow. I've reset my stats (which saddened me a bit as it was the only record of my achievement, but had to be done to make it feel like a new start) and now it's time for onwards and downwards! :D:D

I've always weighed on a Friday morning, so I'm going to stick to that...fingers crossed for any sort of loss tomorrow (after a bad week I think it's probably wishful thinking! ;))

Diary writing will start as of tomorrow, but I just wanted to get started tonight :)

Arrivederci! :D

Last edited: 19 February 2015
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. dudette2001uk

Friday 3rd August (Red)

Well after a pretty disastous week I'm pleased to report that I lost 2lb...probably the water weight I put on last week, but I'm happy with that. It's spurred me on to have a good week now, so fingers crossed! :D

Today's food diary:

Breakfast:

Banana
    Doughnut peach

Lunch:

SW style scotch egg wrapped in bacon - 2 syns
    Salad - mixed leaves, tomatoes, cucumber, beetroot, spring onions, pepper and grapes (new to me in a salad, but really yummy!)
    EL salad cream - 2 syns

Supper:

Spanish omelette - eggs, potatoes fried with skins on (HexB1), peppers, tomatoes, onions, RF smoked sausage (5 syns), spring onions, cheese (HexA 1 + 2), olive oil (HexB 2)
    Mushrooms cooked with garlic salt, pepper and smoked paprika
    1 tbsp ketchup (1 syn)

Snacks:

Satsuma

Syns for today: 10

Syns remaining: 95

Last edited: 3 August 2012
  4. dudette2001uk

Saturday 4th August (EE)

Morning all :)

Well what a rubbish morning - rain, rain and more rain here! Typical Welsh summer weather! Which means I'm not going to drag myself to the show dance at Llangadog this evening - can't be doing with traipsing round in the mud :( This means that I'll be drinking tonight instead of driving, but I'm going to try swapping my usual pints of lager for vodka and a diet mixer...maybe something like fanta zero as too much diet coke keeps me awake all night! So it's going to be a higher syn day than technically allowed, but hopefully far lower than it would be normally when drinking pints :)

Today's food diary is looking like this:

Breakfast:

1/4 galia melon
    Doughnut peach

Lunch:

SW style scotch egg wrapped in bacon - 2 syns
    Salad - mixed leaves, tomatoes, cucumber, beetroot, spring onions, pepper and grapes
    2tbsp Asda yoghurt and mint dressing with extra mint added - 1 syn

Supper:

Pork chop
    New potatoes
    Green beans
    1 tbsp ketchup -
    1 syn

Snacks:

Satsuma

Alcohol syns: 28

Syns for today: 32

Syns remaining: 63

Last edited: 5 August 2012
  5. jamjar15

jamjar15 Gold Member

The weather is pants here too! Thunder and lightening and a flooded patio out the back :( vodka, lime and soda is good for a caffeine free drink, that's what I always have on the rare occasion I get to have a drink lol. I'm the same with diet coke, more than one and I'm awake all night

6. dudette2001uk

Sunday 05th August (EE)

Afternoon all! :) Well I'm very pleased with myself...managed to go out last night and stick to vodka and diet mixers, interspersed with diet coke. This is a big achievement for me as usually I drink pints of lager. Unfortunately lager racks up the syns far too quickly so it had to be done! Even though it ended up being a high syn day I'm still in control and have plenty of syns left for the remainder of the week :)

:eek: I've just realised that I didn't have my HexA and HexB yesterday - oops! :eek:

Today's food diary looks a bit like this:

Breakfast:

Banana
    Satsuma

Lunch:

Roast beef
    Carrots
    Green beans
    SW roast potatoes
    Honey roast parsnips - 3 syns
    Gravy - 5 syns
    2 yorkshire puddings - 6 syns

Supper:

SW scotch egg -
    2 syns
    Cheese and tomato sandwich - HexA + HexB +
    2 syns

Snacks:

Syns for today: 18

Syns remaining: 45

7. dudette2001uk

Monday 6th August (EE)

Afternoon all! Well I was out shopping with my mum today - she wanted to find something to wear to my brother's wedding. Stressful times, lol! My mum and I just don't get on when we go shopping as she keeps trying to find things for me to wear rather than herself!

Anyway, today's food diary is as follows:

Breakfast:

Banana
    Muller Greek Style Coconut yoghurt - 1/2 syn
    Ginger nut biscuit - 2 syns

Lunch:

Ham and salad sandwich (HexB) - 3 syns for spread

Supper:

Chicken
    Stuffed large field mushrooms with egg (see: Baked Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms with Egg | Slimming Eats - Slimming World Recipes)
    Sweetcorn
    Prawn pasta salad - 3 syns

Snacks:

Ginger nut biscuit - 2 syns

Syns for the day: 10.5

Syns remaining: 34.5

Last edited: 6 August 2012
  8. dudette2001uk

Tuesday 7th August (Red)

Afternoon (just!) to anyone reading! :) Not a lot to report so far today...it's going to be a busy couple of weeks from now as I need to write the final essay of my MEd. It's 6000 words, but I've already done 500 and I'm aiming to be at 1500 by the end of the day :)

Looking at yesterday's food diary I've just realised I didn't have my HexA - really must try to get both my healthy extras in!

Today's food diary:

Breakfast:

Banana
    Doughnut peach

Lunch:

Porridge with a coconut & vanilla greek muller stirred in and grapes (HexB1 and 3/4 HexA1) - 1/2 syn
    4 morrisons savoury crackers with the remainder of my HexA of cheese - 4.5 syns

Supper:

Smoked bacon (all fat removed)
    2 WW sausages - 1 syn
    2 x wholemeal toast (HexB2)
    EL spread - 2 syns
    Fried eggs
    Tinned plum tomatoes

Snacks:

2 ginger nut biscuits - 4 syns

Today's syns: 12 syns

Syns remaining: 22.5

Last edited: 7 August 2012
  9. dudette2001uk

Wednesday 8th August (EE)

Morning all! Well yesterday ended up being very unproductive - for which I blame the Google doodle!! So my essay didn't really progress at all in terms of writing, but I did skim read about 20 journal articles. Fun - not! I need to be more productive today as I'd like a big chunk written before I go to my future sister-in-law's hen do on Saturday night :) I'm off swimming tonight - it's women only swimming in our local pool from 9pm - 10pm on a wednesday :)

I haven't decided what day I'm having today, although it will probably be EE as I think we're having roast turkey leg for supper with roast potatoes etc.

Today's food diary looks like this:

Breakfast:

Banana
    2 clementines
    2 WW sausages - 1 syn

Lunch:

2 homemade turkey burgers
    Salad - lettuce, tomatoes, spring onions, beetroot, grapes, 42g cheddar (HexA)
    1 tbsp onion and chive salad cream - 2 syns

Supper:

Roast turkey
    Roast potatoes
    Carrots
    Broccoli
    Gravy - 5 syns
    Bread sauce - 3 syns

Snacks:

Carrot sticks
    2 WW sauasages - 1 syn

Syns for today: 12

Syns remaining: 10.5

Last edited: 9 August 2012
  10. dudette2001uk

Thursday 9th August (Green)

Afternoon all! Well yesterday was yet another unproductive day...really not doing very well with getting on with my essay! :eek: My problem is that unless the deadline is imminent I never feel particularly pressurised into doing it. Need to get my backside in gear though as it's going to be a busy few weeks otherwise! My brother and sister-in-law to be descended on us today with my niece, so it's not been a productive day today either, although I did go to the dentist and get a gold medal for my teeth, haha! :D:D

Breakfast:

Banana
    2 satsumas

Lunch:

Mushroom omelette - 3 eggs, mushrooms salt and pepper topped with 3 babybel light (HexA1)
    2 x wholemeal bread (HexB1)
    EL spread - 2 syns
    Ketchup - 1 syn

Supper:

Turkey risotto - turkey (HexB2), risotto rice, onions, peppers, peas, sweetcorn, tomato puree, tomatoes, garlic, salt, pepper, oil (3 syns)
    14g parmesan (1/2 HexA2)
    21g RF cheddar (1/2 HexA2)

Snacks:

Muller Greek style yoghurt with a ginger nut biscuit crumbled in - 2.5 syns

Syns for today: 8.5

Total syns: 103

Last edited: 9 August 2012
  11. babybuffy84

babybuffy84 Gold Member

Hi hun !!
    Noticed your diary and thought I would drop in for a nosey :) !!
    Looks like your doing well food wise when's your weigh in ??

12. dudette2001uk

Hiya hun! How are you? I weigh in on a Friday morning, although I have to admit to being a bit of a scales hopper, lol! My sneeky peek this morning says it's promising for a loss this week! :D xx

13. babybuffy84

babybuffy84 Gold Member

I'm good thanks yes I'm a scale hopper too !!! About 10 times a day lol !!!
    Oh good luck for weigh in tomorrow !!! Hope you get a well deserved loss X

14. dudette2001uk

Thankyou hun :) I shall be reporting in in the morning to let anybody know who's reading my diary, lol! :) xx

15. jamjar15

jamjar15 Gold Member

Ooo good luck!!!

16. dudette2001uk

Thankyou! :D xx

17. dudette2001uk

Friday 10th August (EE)

Morning all (just!) Well I'm pleased to announce that I lost 3lb this week! :bliss: I'm so happy! I finally feel like I'm getting somewhere :) This weekend I have a hen do to go to, so I think I'm going to have to flexi syn saturday, and then be a paragon of virtue for the rest of the week! Now I know it's unlikely that I'll lose anything, but I'd be happy with a STS or only a small gain - so I guess I'd better behave myself with my eating this week :)

I'm not sure what day it's going to be today - probably EE though I reckon.

Breakfast:

None as I had to go to the doctors and was there for ages!

Lunch:

Salad - lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, beetroot, grapes, LF cottage cheese with chives, 42g RF cheddar (HexA)
    Salad cream - 1 syn
    1 WW sausage - 0.5 syn
    Homemade turkey burgers

Supper:

Chicken thighs in a BBQ marinade - 2.5 syns
    Leftover risotto
    Runner beans

Snacks:

4 chocolate orange cupcakes (more like chocolate omelettes, oops!) - 2 syn
    2 satsumas
    Muller Greek Style yoghurt with a giner nut biscuit crumbled in -
    2.5 syns