Sick at photos of myself

Hi all

I am a young 21 year old girl really struggling for weight loss I have put 3st on over 2 years and very ashamed. I just looked at holiday photos and. Did not know how overweight I was.

I used to go to gym 5 times a week and a healthy lean 10st6. And now I am now 13st6-10. I really need some challenge and motivational tips.

Thanks

Hi Bikinibod

Like you I'm more than what I want to be....I'm a little older (cough cough 33) so have had the initial weight gain awfulness. What I would advise after over 10yrs of yo yo dieting is slow & steady wins the race. It may be frustrating but making small changes that you can live with permanently will be the best way to get it off & keep it off! Same applies for exercise, build it up again slowly as if you get over tired / pull a muscle you may end up giving up & back to square 1. My experience of eat MUCH less & exercise HARD is great in the short term but not liveable with. Sorry rambling! I hope I make some sense :)

Now I'm just hoping I can practice what I preach!!

Good luck :D

Dear bikinibod21
Its easy to look back at photo's of yourself and feel disgusted at how much weight you have put on compared to how you used to look. but the most important thing is to consider what has lead you to become this size and what you can do to return to your former body. you mentioned that you used to go to the gym 5 times a week maybe that might be something that you want to start doing again? Don't wallow in sorry 3 stones is a bit of weight to lose but its very achievable you see people on this website with heck 8 stones or 17 stones to loose and achieved it, you can too. your young as you said so I am sure you can do it in like 5 or 6 months, maybe even less.

Back