Sick of people opinions!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by ladyantionette, 20 April 2011 Social URL.

1. ladyantionette

ladyantionette Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.69%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World/Calorie Counting
    Gosh im so annoyed!

Im sick of coming into work having people watch everything im eating!

I put a x light cheese triangle in my eggs this morning (v yummy) and I once again got told by someone else il get fat adding cheese!

I nearly had a full on argument with them. Wish people would mind there own business and leave me alone!

Pure Idiots :banghead:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Lisa123

Lisa123 Silver Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    It's cos they have no idea how sw works. Ignore them. They r obviously bored

4. WelshCake

WelshCake Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    6st7lb(30.74%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thats why I tell no one I'm on a "diet" because once you do there's millions of "experts" out there all happy to shove their beak in :D

5. Rayven

Rayven Addicted to Minimins!

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.15%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Excuse my bluntness but tell them to bugger off! What you eat is no-one elses business! Ask them if they know how SW works....when they say no, say well as you don't understand it i'll appreciate you keeping your opinions to yourself.

6. Rayven

Rayven Addicted to Minimins!

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.15%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    And as cheese is part of a healthy balanced diet maybe they should address their own eating patterns before questioning yours. xx

7. sweet83

sweet83 Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8lb(24.38%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    yeah tell them to get lost. Loving the triangle in egg tip, i miss egg in a cup because i used to have it with lots of butter :-( Will need to try it.x

8. Fat bridesmaid

Fat bridesmaid Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st3lb
    Current Weight:
    8st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    7st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st6lb(28.07%)
    Diet:
    Calorie count
    I have kept the fact Im on a diet to my mum sister and boyf - no1 else knows and thats the way I like it!, or every1 is an expert or u feel like ur being watched and judged just makes something that is hard for most of us even harder

and after ((quite a few)) failed diets I feel like people dnt take me seriously half the time anyway

There r so many diets and plans out there so how people think they know everything about them all ((and its usually people who have never been on a diet in their lives! (friggin know it alls)) but the fact is they really dnt!

You will have the last laugh anyway when you reach ur goal and look FaBuLoUs!!! :D

9. PurpleSky

PurpleSky banana phone

Start Weight:
    17st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8lb(26.02%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I agree with rayven tell them to bugger off and also dairy products especially the low fat verity are excellent for helping you loose weight. I tell very few people i'm on slimming world for that reason :D

10. kingleds

kingleds Gold Member

Diet:
    SW all the way
    Not only, should you tell them to stuick their advice where the sun doens't shine,. but you should then go on to explain exactly why its none of their business. Someone at work told me the other day that they could never understand how people put on weight as she can't understand how people eat more than 2000 calories a day. We were in the pub at the time. I had diet coke, she had a pint (her third of the afternoon). So I went on to explain exactly how many calories were in her 3 pints and then told her to stick her misconceptions up her very small arse!

11. garlic

garlic Member

I agree with "WelshCake", it's better to keep a diet as own business... But also I learned it after bad experiences.

12. kindleuser

kindleuser Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Rosemary Conley/Calorie counting
    I can't really tell my M in L to bugger off but she does annoy me when she says - you are not going to eat all that are you, I thought you were on a diet.
    Had to bite my lip and go in the kitchen and eat on my own and was glad when she decided to eat her meals from a tray in front of the TV.
    Always give her her dinner when Neighbours is on :) works every time.

13. zeke

zeke Gold Member

Diet:
    SW (at home)
    How annoying!

I learnt the hard way who I could tell I was on a diet and those I couldn't!

14. Chelle82

Chelle82 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(18.78%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    OMG my dad is exactly the same...the other day i was eating a piece of chicken left over form sunday dinner and he was like "thats your down fall eating things like that!..i nearly told him to F*** off but he's my dad so i politly said you dont know what your talking about! Oh it made me mad!!! My MIL is great she really encourages me but its my Dad who doesnt know what he's talking about!! ooowf!

Im the same i dont tell people im on a diet because alot of "experts" come out of the woodwork and advise you what to do!

:)

15. cindersmcphee

cindersmcphee Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    15st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2.5lb(1.11%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    I sometimes think that people who know nothing about nutrition think that people on a diet should only be nibbling on a lettuce leaf. You will have the last laugh when you are slim and healthy and have enjoyed your food while getting there.

16. ferretmom

ferretmom Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I get a lot of interest in my meals at work... everyone says I always have such lovely food & most people admit they are jealous as their sandwich is boring :)

17. Bubbles1984

Bubbles1984 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st12lb(32.38%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    i get ppl trying to sabotage!!!! "oh come on..you deserve a night off...stop being so strict with yourself". emmm no sod off, i will choose when i have a night off, not you!!!!! xx

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. SpaceAngel

SpaceAngel I ate my willpower!

Start Weight:
    21st6.0lb
    Current Weight:
    21st6.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Tell them that you are on a see food diet. Will soon shut them up. xx

20. RegField

RegField Silver Member

Something similar happened to me just yesterday. I was so surprised that I just laughed out loud.

So I was asked why I was laughing, which only made me laugh more. So she walked away. With any luck she now thinks I am deranged, and won't mention it again!

21. -Tally-

-Tally- Silver Member

I hate that too! For a start a light cheese triangle is what...20kcals?? Ooo better watch out, soooo fattening! :p

It's similar to what I've had these last couple of weeks. Have lost a pound this week and a pound the last...which so far for me is quite a slow loss. The boyfriend and parents are like "ooo well get back on it this week" (I wasn't off it!) and "aw never mind" and "oh don't be going off plan, you've been doing so well" and "oh that's a shame, what have you done wrong?" (nothing!!)...driving me nuts!

I even had a "Who's been eating this chocolate in the cupboard?" in a "I know what you've done" voice...wasn't me, was my daughter as it's her chocolate! Pee's me off...

I always tell myself I'll not tell peeps when I start a diet but I can't help myself because I talk about syns and recipes and like encouragement but the silly things that are said without thinking and without malice really wind me up!

Just ignore them, the proof will be in the pudding, or lack of it ;)

22. Potatogirl

Potatogirl Doesn't like to wobble!!

Start Weight:
    18st11lb
    Current Weight:
    16st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st13lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11.5lb(9.7%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    In my office this one woman is calorie counting and if she isn't eating (which is all the time - she regularly has her lunch at about 10am because she's so hungry) she's talking about food and totally obsesses about it ALL the time.

Don't get me wrong - I have my own issues - but going on about food ALL the time can't be good for you. If she not eating..she's talking about what she's had, what she's going to have, what she should have, what she can't have...
    THEN tells everyone else what they should be eating.(>_<)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.