Sick of Weight watchers hello slimming world

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by cally_24, 2 August 2011 Social URL.

1. cally_24

cally_24 New Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    Hi everyone!

Just wanted to say hello as i'm new here. I've been on ww since january and have lost 20Ibs in the last 6 months but i'm getting bored of weighing and pointing everything. I did slimming world a couple of years ago and i thought it was great so i'm going to give it another go.

Day 1 starts tomorrow. I'm off to read my slimming world books, needs to get all the points out of my head :D

Cally x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. mummy84

mummy84 Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st13lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(9.15%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I have done slimming world on & off for 3 years and lost 3 stone. I was gonna try weight watchers but with 2 small children I thought counting points would be too much hassle and chose slimming world instead. Im glad I did has kids and my partner can eat what eat too and so dont think mummy is on a diet & eating strange things lol.

4. mrsmca2b

mrsmca2b Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st0.8lb
    Current Weight:
    17st11.2lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3.6lb(6.6%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Good luck! I'm sure you'll do fab!!x

5. nlit4688

nlit4688 Member

Hey cally 24 keep us posted in your progress! I started slimming world 2 wks ago after losing 2 stone in weight watchers but am struggling to see results so far! I feel great and am eating very healthy now so am sticking at it as others have reassured me that it took them a few wks to see results after switching from weight watchers too!!! So don't be disheartened! I only have half a stone left to lose so I guess it will be slower for me anyway! Am hoping for good results this week!!!

6. old_user45

old_user45 Silver Member

Hey!! I've yo-yo'd between diets for a few years now, but SW is my old faithful!! WW etc have been useful when I need to mix it up, and kickstart, but at the end of the day SW is my bible!!
    :)

7. krupskaya

krupskaya Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(12.22%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - green
    I did ww for three months but in the end having to point and measure absolutely everything really got to me. I found sw suits me much better as there is minimal weighing and counting and so is much easier to sustain over the long term. I now have only 3.5lbs to go till target. Bring it on!

8. louisehj

louisehj Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5.5lb(19.94%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Welcome to slimming world. As others have said it may take a couple of weeks for you to see a loss as you a going from a restricted diet to what is basically a 'healthy eating plan' that the whole family can enjoy so don't get disheartened if you gain i the first couple of weeks. I joined slimming world Jan 2010 and lost 2.5 stone reaching my target in september 2010 and have remained at target ever since.

If your books don't contain the extra easy it may be worth attending a class even if just to get the new books and new member talk.

Good luck and welcome on board x

9. Susie25

Susie25 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4.5lb(2.24%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Welcome Cally

I was previously on WW and like you had lost 20lbs since Christmas but kept playing around with the same 2lbs for a few weeks and then lose some more but never consistently losing every week with the new Pro Points plan ( I did it 2 yrs ago and lost 3st in 8 mths) so I signed up with SW online on the 27/06 and spent the first week going through the info and making menus and reading this site (its awesome) and in the last 5 weeks I've lost 9.5lbs, almost half of what I lost on WW in 6 months.

Good luck xx

10. old_user45

old_user45 Silver Member

Must admit, it's totally what works for you isn't it?! My losses on WW were so low it was de-motivating!! Lost the will to try after a while!! SW losses are that but quicker and more consistent, which is what I like!!

:)

11. NiaX

NiaX Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Welcome to Slimming World!

I'm sure you'll do very well :)

12. BeckyT

BeckyT Always trying!

Start Weight:
    13st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    4st4.5lb(31.43%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hello Cally and welcome to Slimming World! Good luck and keep us updated with how you're getting on x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.