Signing my fat away... my diet diary!

teamshelley

Hey Everyone!

Probably should have started this on Monday but hey ho! Day 3 is better than nothing!

Since this is my introductory post, I thought I would fill you in on my weight loss goals and current weight etc!

So. I am 13.6 stone - how the hell did that happen?! I was 8 stone 6 years ago!

My goal weight is 9.4 stone and I want to do it by July/August so that I can go to my beloved festivals in SHORTS and VEST TOPS.

Now, although I am 13.6 stone, I do carry it well and people are always shocked when I tell them how much I weigh... I am a 12/14 clothes size (luckily I don't ever wear jeans otherwise I fear it would be a different story with ma booty and thunder thighs!). I would like to get down to a comfortable size 8/10.

I had a fantastic first day, and yesterday was pretty good as well. I had apple and cinnamon porridge (which somehow exploded in my microwave... errr reduced portion..), Strawberry shake (not a fan) and the divine.. HOT CHOCOLATE MINT SHAKE. Oh my days, how nice is that?! It tastes like Costa's mint hot choc, I kid you not. I also went to the gym, did a tiny bit of cardio (20 mins or so) and some toning exercises. I don't want loose skin please!

So Day 3. I have started the day with a cup of tea (sweeteners), apple and cinnamon again and got my 1.5 litre bottle. I hate the fact that I have to drink two of these - yesterday I honestly couldn't stop weeing! (Question: Does this ever pass?!)

So yeah that's me! I love reading other people's experiences and the weight they have lost. I do obviously worry that I will be somehow immune to the powers of Cambridge, however I have been told that is ridiculous :)

I look forward to sharing my journey with you!
xxx

Hi Team Shelly, congratulations on starting your Cambridge journey :). If you stick to the plan you'll get to your target in no time.
Water is a great boost to your loss so stick with it. Unfortunately the constant peeing does not stop LOL but you may get used to it!

Don't fair that you will become "immune" to Cambridge as really its simple maths eat less than you burn and you'll continue losing.

On the topic of exercising I'd watch how much you do. Light exercise is better than high impact stuff. As you are eating so few calories it could impact on your loss.

Best wishes x

Thank you so much for your reply!

Yeah I'm definitely not going overboard.. I was exercising way more last week but didn't want to cut it out completely! Today I just did 10 minutes brisk walking on the treadmill (incline of 3 and 6mph) 40 reps on the leg press and 50 crunches. One of my friends did the Cambridge and lost an amazing 6 stone and the one thing she said she wishes she did was to do light exercise as she has been left with loose skin!

So far hating all the soups! I wish there was a normal tomato soup and not spicy :(

So, another day done and dusted. I started with the apple and cinnamon porridge, went to the gym, had a vanilla shake then spoke to my CDC. I said that I had been to the gym and she advised that I have a bit of chicken or an egg, so I had a bit of chicken. I then had my last meal of the day which was a chocolate shake.

I didn't really want to eat anything during the first week, but on Monday we did discuss this as an option during gym days, otherwise I would risk building muscle and not lose weight.

So yeah, day 3 done. I don't really see the chicken as 'cheating' as it was literally plain chicken and I burned 200 calories at the gym!

I also made some Lindt Chocolate Cupcakes for a friend's birthday. Usually this would have been time for me to eat the cake mix, a bit of the chocolate and a cupcake at the end, but I didn't even lick my finger when I got a bit of cake mix on it - WILLPOWER!!

Hope others at the same stage as me are doing ok :)

xxx

Last edited:
You didn't even lick your finger! That *is* willpower! I've avoided preparing anything that isn't CD as I'm not sure I could resist temptation.

I'm at the end of day 3 and am wide awake at 1am. Not sure if this is CD or something else ... but I need to get some sleep - tomorrow is a work day!

Oh - and if you like coffee in the morning, the cappucino shake is not bad...:)

Unfortunately for me, I hate coffee, so it limits my options somewhat... I've seen people do weird and wonderful things with coffee and the vanilla shake etc! I've also heard of people putting a tiny bit of cinnamon in the vanilla... I'm willing to give that a go!

I've had a funny old day today. It's day 4 and I woke up full of energy ready to take on the diet. I had the maple and pecan porridge (never again!) then went to the gym as usual, did 15 minutes on the rowing machine and some light toning exercises, had my banana shake as usual. Then I started to feel really faint. Just felt like rubbish all afternoon, it was horrible! I spoke to my CDC and she advised to have a bit of chicken or an egg so I had some chicken again. I feel like I am cheating eating chicken twice already, however I have to say it is just plain with literally nothing on it. Just hope it doesn't slow down my weight loss!

SIGH.

xxx

Hi Shelley,

I am on day 4 too today and like you, I was a bit light-headed this morning. I did have my morning shake a bit later than usual, but I have been absolutely find the last 3 days. I carried on as normal and within an hour or so I felt fine again. Had veg soup for lunch which was a bit tasteless, the plain porridge for dinner again. Not sure how I got into the porridge dinner habit, maybe because it takes longer to eat and evenings have always been my worst time for snacking.

Not sure why, but I have been a bit down on myself today, thinking i am not going to lose much this week and how on earth I am going to do this for the next few months. :(

I have been exactly the same, and I feel heavier than usual. I'm hoping its just me being silly! I should have lost about 3 stone by the end of May and that is goal one. Goal two is to have lost 4 stone by June. It just seems so far away! I'm looking at those recipes for the food packs which they say you should not have if you are on SS because it nukes the nutrients but the idea of chocolate fudge is tempting me!

Hopefully we'll have a big loss for week one to keep us motivated!

xxx

Me again! I'm finding it really therapeutic writing this diary actually! After yesterday's yuckiness, I was unsure of what Day 5 would hold for me, but I have woken up positive, alert and NOT HUNGRY - could this mean I am in ketosis?! Boots didn't have any Ketostix yesterday so who knows!

As previously mentioned, I wasn't a massive fan of the strawberry shakes HOWEVER, I have now found a way to make them YUMMY. I don't know what I haven't done this before, but I just used 200ml of water and 10 icecubes and blended it together with the pack - et voila - McDonalds-esque thick strawberry milkshake! I have now made up a few trays of ice cubes as I shall be doing this with all my shakes from now on!

No gymming today.

Hope all other day 5ers are getting on ok!

xxx

Hi ladies, hang in there! I hated day 4 - was hungry and had a headache for most of the day. Went in to by CDC for a weigh-in and have lost 6lbs in 4 days, so am pleased with that. :) However, I'm not feeling lighter and I think it's because the things aren't moving through the body very quickly. :( My CDC recommended fibre supplements ... as I've taken some this week already, I took a laxative this morning.

I've worked out every day this week (today will be a rest day) - stationary bike, level 9 for 45-59min, plus free weights. After feeling a bit dizzy the first day, I've been having a hard-boiled egg for the days I work out. Could I have lost more without? I don't know - a large egg is 80cal and 0.6g carb, high in protein, so I'm still on a VLCD. Downside is the cholesterol and high in fat. However my CDC agrees that I should, on the days I work out, eat an egg or some chicken/white fish.

Are you in ketosis yet? I am not sure if I am or not - woke up with terrible taste in my mouth which keeps coming back. :p Bought strips to deal with this.

Good luck on day 5! I'm not too worried about today - but the weekend ... !!! :eek:

Good tip about the icecubes and blending the shakes - I haven't tried doing that yet! Thanks!

Oh god, I have my first real challenge tonight - going out with the girls and drinking water! aaah!

I'm not sure if I am in ketosis, I'm not sure how I can tell without the ketostix?!

Things have been ok, I haven't been *blocked* as such, but I'm not very regular anyway. On the days I have worked out I have had a bit of chicken or a hard boiled egg too. I have read that if you exercise you will build muscle and muscle weighs more than fat so may not lose as much so I'm only going to do 3 days per week in the first month.

I really hope I lose a good amount in the first week, I know what I'm like, if I don't I'll get all disheartened!

xxx

hey guys, it really won't lower your weight losses to have something SS+ friendly on the days you exercise, chicken/white fish/eggs. there is hardly any difference loss wise between SS and SS+ anyway, and it will really help you if you want to exercise as well.

Thank you Sapphireblue, that's really good to know!

For some (good) reason I am really thirsty today so I've already had 1.5 litres of water! Will be great if this can continue!

xxx

i find the manky mouth feeling has the plus side of making me mega keen to drink that water, although luckily i wouldn't struggle with that as i drink loads anyway.

What is a ketosis mouth supposed to be like anyway. I am on day 5 and mine Is just a bit dry and I have a weird metallic sort of taste. Not bothered with ketostix or anything, so don't really know what my body is doing. Don't feel hungry though, just fancy certain tastes of things I can't have!

Bella*Vida said:
What is a ketosis mouth supposed to be like anyway. I am on day 5 and mine Is just a bit dry and I have a weird metallic sort of taste. Not bothered with ketostix or anything, so don't really know what my body is doing. Don't feel hungry though, just fancy certain tastes of things I can't have!

I don't know either. I don't feel hungry but my tummy gives the old rumble... I don't know if this is all the shakes and water sloshing about though! I have had about 2 litres of water today so going to aim to have a couple more pints when I'm out. I'm just gonna stick with it. It's impossible to do 12 weeks on this diet and not lose a significant amount of weight surely!?
Xxx

Good luck with your night out! That's a big challenge! Luckily it sounds like you will be full to the gills with water.

I'm not sure about the ketosis either - I'm going to see if I can find some ketostix, though I did read somewhere that the reading might be off given the amount of water we're drinking. Ah well, so long as I'm losing weight and not unbearably hungry, I'm not that fussed.

Had some good news today - had a weigh-in after 4 days and lost 6lbs. Course it's mostly water weight, but I'll take it! :)

tizzy51 said:
Good luck with your night out! That's a big challenge! Luckily it sounds like you will be full to the gills with water.

I'm not sure about the ketosis either - I'm going to see if I can find some ketostix, though I did read somewhere that the reading might be off given the amount of water we're drinking. Ah well, so long as I'm losing weight and not unbearably hungry, I'm not that fussed.

Had some good news today - had a weigh-in after 4 days and lost 6lbs. Course it's mostly water weight, but I'll take it! :)

Wow well done! That's amazing!

Well I went out and managed to last until 1am before the being sober and out with a lot of drunk people got too much and I had to go home! not too bad and still had a good night sipping on ma water!

Got a lot of compliments on my figure last night but I think that's just because I was wearing a super flattering dress!

Weigh in in 2 days eeeek!

Xxx

I thought I would pop up my 'Before' picture. Funnily enough, I took a few, and still chose the one I looked thinnest in but I would say it's still a fair representation of what I look like. This is my favourite Hell Bunny dress and although its a size small, It's got a VERY elasticated back on it - thank the lord! So yeah, here's me!

Oh and by the way I have a beauty blog, so I don't pose like this normally, it was just to show off my dress!

hellbunny2.jpg

xxx

Back