• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Sillicone Bakeware

S: 19st2lb C: 11st3lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 23.2 Loss: 7st13lb(41.42%)
They are selling sillicone bakeware in Aldi so i thought i would buy a loaf tray - que the over eager baking of weetabix fruit loaf 2 days on the trot! lol

Anyway - ive never used them before and they are brilliant! They are totally non stick so you dont have to mess about with parchment or greaseproof paper.

I think im going to invest in some muffin cases and sandwich 'tins'. Does anyone use these and what are they like for making muffins?

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

I will succeed!!!
S: 13st3lb C: 12st8.5lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 29.4 Loss: 0st8.5lb(4.59%)
I agree! I have silicone cup cake moulds and all my utensils are silicone too - I even have a ring to fry eggs and some that float to pach them in.

the cup cake moulds are fab! Well worth £3.99 per 6!!! (well mine were that)

Love them! Don't stain, get hot or degrade.

Thanks for the tip though - don't have a loaf tin x

They had loads of different ones in Aldi, and they were all about £3.99 as well.

The egg thing sounds fab - where did you buy that from?

S: 18st1.6lb G: 10st10lb
Might have to check out my local Aldi, thanks for the tip!

JestersTear

Cute, but psycho!
S: 24st6lb C: 19st8lb BMI: 45.6 Loss: 4st12lb(19.88%)
Our Asda are selling these as well, but as I'm not a baker (and never was) I didn't check the prices.
That said, the OH loved the cous cous cake I made earlier, so maybe I should investigate. Can you use these in the microwave?

I will succeed!!!
S: 13st3lb C: 12st8.5lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 29.4 Loss: 0st8.5lb(4.59%)
They had loads of different ones in Aldi, and they were all about £3.99 as well.

The egg thing sounds fab - where did you buy that from?
I got them from a local store to me. I'll pop in and get the company name as you'll be able to get them online. The ring is just a red ring with a lifting tab. The poachers are little hald cracked egg shapes rubbery moulds. They float and slowly (and perfectly) poach eggs :)

I'll try to find out this week what they are called for you x

I love the silicone stuff, the quark and courgette muffins are yummy when made in my lovely lilac muffin tin ... gonna pop to aldi though, I could do with more things

thanks for tip

I have a silicone muffin tray, cost me a fortune ages ago, it's a Jamie Oliver one and cost at least a tenner. I was robbed.......

It is fab though and If I pop by Aldi I'll get a loaf tin. Thanks GCH

G: 10st10lb
Asda are selling them 2 for £8, cake and loaf tins etc. They also do individual fairy cake cases 12 for £3 something, I bought some at the weekend but haven't used them yet, so pleased to be hearing they are good.

I got them from a local store to me. I'll pop in and get the company name as you'll be able to get them online. The ring is just a red ring with a lifting tab. The poachers are little hald cracked egg shapes rubbery moulds. They float and slowly (and perfectly) poach eggs :)

I'll try to find out this week what they are called for you x
Ooooh fab - thanks hun!

S: 11st3.0lb C: 11st7.0lb G: 9st7.0lb BMI: 27.6 Loss: -0st4lb(-2.55%)
I love silicone baking stuff.
I have round muffin silicone tin, and a heart shaped one, which is so cute! That one was about a fiver, which is more than all my other bits, but it was the cuteness I was going for! I am planning to do my weetabix cake in heart-shaped muffins next time, see how they work out! :D I have a round cake tray too, which is a bit too big for my weetabix cake, but I've only got a metal loaf tin (which I can't microwave, obviously!) so I might just pop there tonight for a loaf tray! Woohoo!

Good tip thanks!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Slimming World Off Topic 3
Slimming World 3
Slimming World 13