silly little comment

sarahaglover

Well yesterday I was at my mother in laws & my hubbies auntie came round. She looked at me & said 'oh my god' to which I replied 'what?' She then said 'you're nearly thinner than me. I really have got to do something about my weight!' But she said it in a way like she was disgusted that I could possibly be thinner than her. Now I know she hasn't meant this in a mean or nasty way but clearly I was always the fat one n the fact she thinks I'll soon be thinner her (in my opinion I already am!) Mortifies her! She then said how she still had a months supply it xen in her cupboard from when she was prescribed it ages ago (she's diabetic so being overweight.is not good 4 her) but stopped taking it as basically she couldn't be ar**d. My mil suggested she give it to me as I'm struggling to get my next prescription & she said no I'm gonna start taking it again now for a month!
Well its really motivated me more. We are going to wells for a few days over the bank hol in June for the jubilee & we have a beach hut hired for the Sunday which her & other family are coming to for the day. Her comment has made me determined I'll be even slimmer than her (more than I am now!) I know she rubbish as sticking to any sort of healthy eating so if I just stick to plan i can do it. I know she hasn't meant to offend me but it sort of did & when I told my hubbie even he said what does she mean soon you'll be thinner you already are lol! anyway that's my rant over lol. Sorry for boring you all x

No need to apologise, I've had similar from the school mums I stand with on a morning as I was the biggest & I'm now the smallest, in fact a couple of them aren't as friendly as they were & one of the others has said to ignore them as it's just jealousy, I've apparently been topic of conversation when I'm not there.... You do right to let it spur you on honey. Onwards & downwards xx

It may have been the shock of seeing you that meant the words didn't come out quite how she meant them to :) Whichever it is, use it as a positive to carry on with your journey xxx

Yeah I know she didn't mean it to come out the way it did but Its just given me an extra little push

Ahhh I have to admit that comments like that make my blood boil whether they were meant or not. I just think people should think before they speak and say a positive thing, not that type of negative positivity if you know what I mean. Losing weight is so hard if you're anything like me a not pleasant comment can set you back.
It sounds like she wasn't pleased you were thinner than her and didn't want to admit it and I think it's a bit mean not giving you the tabs if she wasn't already on them and knew you were having problems getting them. I say turn it around to show yourself how positive it all is, you've lost so much weight you've shocked her which is such an acheivement and now try even harder before you see her next to lose more and wear your best outfit on the day you see her just to show her how well you've done. It'll be interesting for you to see if she makes a nice comment then or some other silly remark and if it's a silly remark then maybe your hubby can give her a 'friendly jokey' reply that'll nip things in the bud.

It's very annoying. Why can't people be pleased for you and say wow you're looking great?

Use it and go for broke. Xen or no xen you can lose weight.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well yesterday I was at my mother in laws & my hubbies auntie came round. She looked at me & said 'oh my god' to which I replied 'what?' She then said 'you're nearly thinner than me. I really have got to do something about my weight!' But she said it in a way like she was disgusted that I could possibly be thinner than her. Now I know she hasn't meant this in a mean or nasty way but clearly I was always the fat one n the fact she thinks I'll soon be thinner her (in my opinion I already am!) Mortifies her! She then said how she still had a months supply it xen in her cupboard from when she was prescribed it ages ago (she's diabetic so being overweight.is not good 4 her) but stopped taking it as basically she couldn't be ar**d. My mil suggested she give it to me as I'm struggling to get my next prescription & she said no I'm gonna start taking it again now for a month!
Well its really motivated me more. We are going to wells for a few days over the bank hol in June for the jubilee & we have a beach hut hired for the Sunday which her & other family are coming to for the day. Her comment has made me determined I'll be even slimmer than her (more than I am now!) I know she rubbish as sticking to any sort of healthy eating so if I just stick to plan i can do it. I know she hasn't meant to offend me but it sort of did & when I told my hubbie even he said what does she mean soon you'll be thinner you already are lol! anyway that's my rant over lol. Sorry for boring you all x

what she really meant to say was You look gorgeous it just got stuck in her throat somewhere !

Yes I know she hasn't meant to be mean. Just find it amazing how people can be at times. They happy when u start losing weight but once you start to look better than them they don't Like it lol. At least its given me more motivation.

Some women are so *****y. My ex his family used to slag me off for my weight. I then lost it all and was a healthy BMI and it was only then he cheated on me! I am at my heaviest post him but doing it properly this time. And it does make me wonder why some women are so critical about other women. She is obviously unhappy in her own body and jealous that you can do something about it and she can not. It is hard when people say nasty things to totally ignore it but your doing great and thats the main thing.

Back