Silly question, If I dont like..........

angelupnorth

Gold Member
Evening all

I am starting SS tomorrow and am very excited.

I am just wondering, If I mix a sachet have a TASTE and don't like it should I make another and try that or should I suffer it and know not to make that one again ?

Also on SS do you try to have 2 cold and 1 hot ? just thinking about variety ?

Hello I must admit on my first week I was excited about the porridge but come to eat it and heaved so chucked it x

I had my first Chocolate Orange today and I didn't like it at all! Really awful lol. But I persevered and got it down somehow. Once its mixed it seems a shame to waste it!
The porridges are a bit grim but the Apple one isn't tooooo bad!!
I started today so good luck for tomorrow - my first day has been ok so far. I had a soup for lunch and a hot choc tetra pack. I like to have something hot during the day and it does ring the changes especially when its cold x

Hello I must admit on my first week I was excited about the porridge but come to eat it and heaved so chucked it x

That's the first one I am going to have tomorrow lol

Porridge, in the morning
Butterscotch shake, lunch
Chilli soup, Tea time

I'm rather excited as I love all 3 of those in " normal food's " So fingers crossed I will enjoy the CD variety's.

I know its all personal taste but which do you like and dislike ?

Hi Angel i started with the apple and cinnamon porridge YUCKYUCKYUCK!!! Then i tried the maple and pecan with a bit of mixed spice and it is lush.Now i just have that and the shakes.

Hi. The only one I recally enjoy is the chocolate tetra, but I also have the strawberry, vanilla and chocolate mint shakes for occasional variety.
Good luck X

Thanks for responses,
I have the original porridge, choc mint shake, strawberry shake, vanilla shake, butterscotch shake, cappuccino shake ( don't like coffee tho ) chill soup, and chic & mush soup, 73 sachets in total so there should be at least a few I will like.
Trying to get a consultant as soon as I can so should be able to try as many as possible and find some which I love x

I tried the toffee and walnut shake the other day (like you I was chocolate all the way) and it was lovely - I also tried the chicken and mushroom soup (bizarrely vegetarian due to no chicken!) and that was really tasty as well. My CC says its always best if you can to finish the pack otherwise it's wasting your money - she's also fab in the sense that if I didn't like something and I've bought more than one sachet she exchanges it for me.

Has anyone tried banana? In not sure about this one as I don't know if it will taste like that horrid medicine you used to get as a child?!! :)

Hi. The banana tetra was horrible, but the normal shake was Ok. But since everyone has different tastes you'll never know till u try them. Personally found the following So vile they had to go down the sink, chicken and mushroom soup, leek and potato, vegetable soup, maple and pecan porridge, and also choc mint bar and peanut crunchy bar in the bin.
But then I know people who love those flavours
X

I love all the soups except mushroom! although I need to be in the right mood for tomato or chilli. I like most of the shakes as well but agree I wasn't fond of the banana tetra it had a peculiar taste that the normal shake doesnt have.

Also not fond of the peanut or cranberry bars, like the others though, in particular the orange one!

Well......
I had my 1st " meal " this morning and it was way better than I though. Original porridge 4 out of 5 from me ! Thanks for responses, I guess it does all just come down to personal taste x

It really does! my cdc loves the porridge so much she says she'd have 3/day, whereas I'm not keen at all! I love the orange bar and she hates it....

Glad you have started off positively though :)

I survive on choc mint shakes, strawberry shakes, apple & cinnamon porridge and chicken & mushroom soup. I like most of the other stuff, but find this helps me get through the week without feeling deprived!

I really didn't like the choc orange shake when I first tried it, but so that I wasn't a shake down for the day, I persevered and finished it

Hi everyone. I started yesterday (am an ex LLer).
I saw my consultant on Friday and got a mixture of shakes as don't like the savoury stuff on the plans.
So far I've tried the maple and pecan (too sweet), cappuccino shake (nice), banana shake (nice) apple and cinnamon (nice).
The one I'm looking forward to is the butterscotch, which I'm having later. I remember butterscotch angel delight (or instant whip for the 70's people here) and I loved that.

So anyway, I lost a stone on LL lite and a few inches and am hoping to keep going in the same direction with CWP. I'd had a 2 week break between plans and (god knows how) didn't put any on. In fact I lost another inch from my waist. I stuck to healthy eating as much as I could and stayed away from carbs so must have done something right. I also go to the gym, but have been told to take it easy with the exercise for the first 2 weeks of CWP.

I've been reading all of you stories and find them all very inspirational, so thank you and good luck on your journeys xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi everyone. I started yesterday (am an ex LLer).
I saw my consultant on Friday and got a mixture of shakes as don't like the savoury stuff on the plans.
So far I've tried the maple and pecan (too sweet), cappuccino shake (nice), banana shake (nice) apple and cinnamon (nice).
The one I'm looking forward to is the butterscotch, which I'm having later. I remember butterscotch angel delight (or instant whip for the 70's people here) and I loved that.

So anyway, I lost a stone on LL lite and a few inches and am hoping to keep going in the same direction with CWP. I'd had a 2 week break between plans and (god knows how) didn't put any on. In fact I lost another inch from my waist. I stuck to healthy eating as much as I could and stayed away from carbs so must have done something right. I also go to the gym, but have been told to take it easy with the exercise for the first 2 weeks of CWP.

I've been reading all of you stories and find them all very inspirational, so thank you and good luck on your journeys xxx

Hi there
I only started this morning but am having the butterscotch for lunch, I'm also praying its as nice as Angel delight from years gone by but am realistic and half building myself up for it being no where near as good, That way if it is then its a bonus lol.
Will update in a bit after Ive had it x

I'll let you try it first and let me know then haha !
Good luck with your plan ! X

:eek: I didn't like it ! I thought it smelt a bit like Baileys at first but just didn't like the flavour or the smell. I managed to drink it all but it wont be one I will buy ! Gutted as I have another 20 lol, I bought a 3 week mixed bulk from a friend who has stopped doing it.
Everyone is different so you may find it ok.
Chilli soup to look forward to, fingers crossed I like that one x x x

Ewwwwwwww just drinking mine now. Got a very strange taste to it but can't work out what. Is it chemically ???
Don't think I'll be having it again either .... Gutted !
:(
X

In answer to your question if you don't like it throw it and make another product. You need the nutrients from a full product a little taste from another will not affect your weight loss that much. Bear in mind some people have 4 products a day I do and I am under 5ft 8. Others SS+ having a small meal therefore using more calories. Just make sure you have all 3 products for your daily recommended nutrients. Happy tasting :D

Thanks,
The porridge was fine, butterscotch not so good but I drank it all, the soup was ok and I would have it again so I managed the full 3 out of 3,
I guess it's getting used to the smells and textures which will be the trick ? X

Back