Sim & Save day 2, is it normal to have stomach pains!!!!!

Claire14

Hi everyone, my name is Claire and I will be 40 this year!!! Have put on lots of weight after very very very stressful 2 years. Tried to start last year but couldn't get my head around it. So here I am now on day 2 and totally focused this time. So last the 2 days have been fine, a little hungry, weeing a lot which is funny as this is now clear!! A little dizzy now and then and mild headaches that come and go. This I know is to be expected. Just wanted to check if anyone has suffered mild bellyache/cramps on the first few days of starting on this??? Also have the most foul taste in my mouth, not sure if I can be in ketosis's already or if it's the fact that I am smoking more. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Claire

Last edited:
Hi Claire I have just started today & have been fine all day but after a shake at 5pm I've had a very full belly & cramps :-(
There's no way I can be in ketosis but I have a funny taste in my mouth - a bit metallic & dry?!

It's quite normal, don't worry too much, it will pass. You're putting your body through some big changes so it's likely wondering where the volume of food it's got used to has gone and is objecting - also the type of fuel you're putting in will require some slightly different digestion to your usual intake (if my off plan diet is anything to go by!) so that can cause a little upset and cramping. Another thing that can be quite painful is trapped wind, it doesn't feel like burpy (or t'other end) rumblings, it hurts! This last week I keep getting it under my ribs and it's like a pulled muscle. Early on I was pretty much convinced I was having a heart attack whilst laid in bed I had that much pain in my chest, I laid tapping it wondering whether to call an ambulance or not, eventually decided I should err on the side of caution, sat up to get my phone and let out the biggest man burp I've ever heard, my OH would have been so proud. Needless to say - the pain had gone!

The musings of our bodies on this plan are an education in themselves - but it's all normal, nothing to worry about :)

Thanks for all that info noodles, it's great to hear what others have and are going through. Hi Hunca, yeah I have just realised that yesterday and today I had my shakes about 16.00 and the bad belly came on about an hour after both of them. Hopefully it won't last long for both of us!!! Have you done slim and save before?

Back