Sim Sim's Food Diary

Sim Sim

Hi Everyone!! Newbie here!! Please be nice :) Going to cut a long story short and say that I have done SW before and lost weight felt great on it but then moved house and could no longer get to my old group, the new group i joined was err well not as good as my old one so i fell off the wagon face first into waaaayyy too much junk food!! And here we are again having tried them all from Cambridge Diet to Low Carb to Macro Counting and years of misery of being overweight! :(

Decided to go alone with SW I have all the material and I have been lurking on here as a guest for a little while now!! Going to upload my diaries here to hold myself accountable! Please feel free to point out if i'm not doing things right :)

I started properly on Monday but I will start with today's food diary:

Yesterday I had no HEXb's and woke up with a migraine so decided to have two today:

B - Overnight Oats HEXb - 30gms Oats in milk from HEXa, Fat Free Yogurt with Banana and honey and a bit of cinnamon - i think i went over a teaspoon so i am giving it 2 syns

L - Two Eggs, Baked Beans on w/m bread HEXb

Snacks - Popcorn 46 Cals - 2.5 syns, some dark choc, the material says its 6.5 syns for 25 gms mine weighed 19 so i'll say its 6 syns

Dinner, I have left over rice from last night so thinking of making some syn free burgers with that, maybe add some beans and veggies and an egg have that with SW chips and salad

So as long as i stick to this i will end my day on 10.5 Syns

I am hoping that keeping my syns around 10 per day gives me a bit of leverage incase i have forgotten something or get it wrong every now and again!

I started having hormonal migraines on tuesday so I havent done any exercise for a few days either lets see how I feel when i get home might do some Tae Bo!

Ended yesterday on 16.5 syns as i caved into a couple of jaffa cakes, so need to stay focused today!!

Having stalked and lurked around the forum for a bit yesterday and read other people's diary i realised yesterday was the old style green day! as i had no meat while i was right to have my second HEXb i didnt have two HEXa's because i was in bed by the time i realised!!

B- Half a papaya, Banana, Half a passionfruit yogurt and green tea

L - Is left overs from yesterday, Syn free Veggie burger, SW chips, 2 small slices of w/m bread HEXb and 30 gms of cheese HEXa salad of lettuce tomato and cucumber on the side.

D - Haven't yet decided but i'm thinking either spanish omlette and salad or pasta veg and salad!!

Snacks - I have brought 30 gms of Oats HEXb and will have that with me HEXa allowance of Milk

I have a Nakd Bar for 7 syns too!!

Hoping for a better day i didnt work out last night as my head was still throbbing! but I am alot better today so I am planning to go to the gym!! Hoping for a better food and exercise day today!!

Well yesterday ended as a bit of disaster!! I left work and realised I had no house keys, my son is away at my sister in laws today and hubby wasnt due home till 8 so he said he would be pick me up from town on his way home!! So fine all was still calm! I went for a coffee had a bit of popcorn - 7 syns for both and had a mooch around the shops!! which is when reality sunk in, I feel so heavy, I can no longer shop for clothes i like i have to buy whatever fits :( I nearly burst into tears in new look and found myself noticing how awful certain things look on me, not just that but how tired i felt how much my feet hurt and so on.

Anyway so 8pm I met hubby and he suggested we eat out as we are already in town so we decided on Nando's I opted for butterfly chicken no skin, spicey rice and coleslaw thinking that ok I know I will be over my syn allowance but its it wont be too bad, this then turned into a few chips from hubby's plate a bite of his carrot cake and one of them custard pastry syns!! When i got home i reflected on all those bad choices I made... I should have gone to ASK or Zizzi and had a tomato and veggie based pasta with salad, yesterday was supposed to be a green day and I should not have even touched dessert! :(

I have no idea how bad the Syns are in alll that I ate yesterday but I have decided not to have any syns today will try and go syn free tomorrow as well and maybe a day or so after that, I might do EESP for a couple of days to try and rectify it all!!

On the plus side i did walk loads yesterday and my new portable DVD player has arrived so i can start my workout DVDs!! and tomorrow I have an hours boot camp and half hour PT session in the morning!

Hiya :welcome:

Food sounds great but just wanted to give you a heads up on hex's as I know they'd changed when i rejoined from what they used to be. Oats are now 35g as a HexB and most of the cheeses are more than 30g unless they're full fat :) xx

Thank you MaiTaiBlue!! :) Thats good to hear!! more food lol!! i'm still deciding on whether i'm EE red or green today I will pop into sainsburys and decide when i get there lol!!

Well looks like today is an EE day...

B - Porridge Oats 30gm but will up that to 35 now! :) and Milk so HEX A and B gone

L - Ainsley Harriot Tomato and garlic cous cous, salad chicken and half a bag of mixed leaves

D - I was really looking forward to spending some of my syns on fish fingers together with mash and beans!! now i think i might just have mash beans and some veg on the side :(

I have two small easy peeler oranges and a small box of pineapple to get through today... does anyone know if this counts as my 1/3 portion of fruit and veg for dinner?? Feeling the need for some real comfort food!

Syns - Hoping there are none in the cous cous in which case its a lovely round zero!!

Completely missed the post before mine lol. Don't worry about a bad day and don't punish yourself by going without syns! Just draw a line under your day/meal and carry on, one meal off plan shouldn't make too much difference. My advice would be to have at least the recommended 5 syns minimum every day regardless of what you've eaten the day before as going without syns can be just as damaging to your weight loss.

My consultant said that fruit after your meal doesnt count as your 1/3. At a push, you can eat your fruit before your meal as its all about filling up on sp food xx

Btw the couscous is 3 syns per pack providing you don't add butter or oil xx

Completely missed the post before mine lol. Don't worry about a bad day and don't punish yourself by going without syns! Just draw a line under your day/meal and carry on, one meal off plan shouldn't make too much difference. My advice would be to have at least the recommended 5 syns minimum every day regardless of what you've eaten the day before as going without syns can be just as damaging to your weight loss.

My consultant said that fruit after your meal doesnt count as your 1/3. At a push, you can eat your fruit before your meal as its all about filling up on sp food xx

Btw the couscous is 3 syns per pack providing you don't add butter or oil xx

Yeah it didn't post straight away maybe it's a newbie thing....

Thanks for clarifying the fruit thing!! Yesterday's dinner was a right mish mash did sw chips with stir fried onions peppers and carrots and as star week arrived today too i was craving chocolate so i melted the smallest bag of buttons 75 cals so 4 syns over slices of banana and that hit the spot! I did also have a small piece of cake as my son made it I'm going to guestimate it 8 syns it was about the size a mini muffin

Today's breakfast is:

Porridge and green tea i have boot camp and pt session in an hour!! Woop woop!!

Lunch: something eggy!! Yummers

Dinner: indian most likely

Boot camp and half hour session done

Just had banana yogurt and cashews will need to workout the syn value for them as I've already had a hexb

Lunch will be a masala omlette with eggs tomato onion coriander chilli salt to taste garam masala served with cucumber lettuce and onion salad

Dinner will be chicken tika and salad

Last night's dinner was lush all syn free too! Chicken tikka with grilled peppers and onions together with salad and minty yogurt dressing!!

Oh and today so far so good!! I had eggy bread made with three small eggs two slices of w/m bread hexb baked beans with the rest of last nights grilled onion and peppers followed by a big cup of green tea i actually want fruit for lunch today so will chop up some kiwi banana add some berries and will add a bit of coconut milk to it all need check the syns on that first tho

Rest of the days diary

Lunch had Cantelupe melon kiwi and half a banana

Dinner was syn free noodles with cabbage carrots peppers peas and a thinly sliced omelette made the sauce with tomato soy sauce garlic ginger and chilli

Also had 3 light babybels hexa

Syns:

Popcorn 2.5 Syns
Freddo 5 syns
Two digestives 7 syns

14.5 not as low as I'd like but I'm happy with it

Masala omelette sounds lovely, as does the rest of your food.

I find that i have better losses if i use all of my syns, They're there to be used so go for it :) xx

Yeah atm they pretty much are being used and i love that i can still have treats xx

Morning peeps!! So who's idea was it to to start sw just before star week? Weighed myself this morning and i lost a grand total of half a pound...

I'm telling myself it's star week plus i had a few too many treats with the nandos blooper last week so i guess I'm ok with this

Todays breakfast is oats soaked in yogurt hexb topped with half a banana raspberries and strawberries

Lunch is a butternut squash and chick pea salad with onion pepper spinach coriander

I have 3 baby bell lights and a couple of tangerines

I'm making a moong daal with rice tonight might and I'm going to experiment with oven roasted cauliflower with a tandoori marinade

Syns: Ryvita fruit x 2 - 5 syns

Cadburys brunch bar 7

so only 3 syns left now!

Last edited:
Hiya!!

So update from last nights meal - I ended the day with 2 syns left over as i added a bit gram flour to my baked cauliflower tika!! whoch btw was a huge hit!!!

Onto today...

Breakfast - two eggs done in the microwave

Banana and an orange when i got to work
Sweet salty popcorn 78 cals - 4 syns

Lunch - Pasta with spinach and butternut squash topped with Parmesan - 30 gms hexa - i know i should have had 40 gms but i ran out!

I have a pack of freddo faces that are 7 syns for later but at this point I am happy to not have them!! (that will change)

Dinner - Dish called Pav Bhaji which is traditionally an indian street dish and its mashed veggie stew served with buttered rolls that are then pan fried, I have modified the dish - it has been made in butter and equates to 1 syn per serving and the rolls wont be buttered they will just be toasted on a pan!! the veggies consist of good speed foods like cauliflower, aubergine carrotts onion, tomatoes and has potatoes and peas too!! so with one roll as a HEXb depending on how hungry i am i might have another one and syn it 3 or 4 syns??

Last night i did T25 cardio - I have to say this is the first time i did it on SW and it I found it soo much easier I had more umph! less modifying so eat up them carbs peeps!!!

This morning I walked to work!! 45 mins lovely walk with a colleague

Stuck to plan workout nailed time for shower bed and start all over again tomorrow!!

I think I'm going to stick to fruit and veggies with a couple of eggs for breakfast tomorrow as I'm meeting my son for lunch so i think those foods as well as being speed will help me to stay flexible with food choices at lunch!! My son's chosen to go to a world food buffet so it will be a test to the will power but i can do this i sooo can

Will totally nail another workout tomorrow too!!

Back