Six weeks in and loving it again

drawboy69

I have tried and failed several times to start my exante journey. I've done LL before and lost 7.5 stones. I kept it off for two years but eventually got back to bad habits and put it back on over another two year period. The first week for me has always been the hardest especially the first weekend. I stuck to it and now am six weeks in and feeling great. Not cheated once and am into deep ketosis now and food no longer interests me.
This time I'm going to succeed , yes it's harder without a Councillor to keep you on the straight and narrow but with a little determination it can be done. The worst thing for me though is the comments from friends telling me not to go too far..... 'Ooo you should stop now and stuff like that but I live for me not them.
If you are just starting out stick with it past the first weekend and find new ways to treat yourself instead of food and drink. You can do this!.

Hello
I'm loving this post- very positive and just what I needed- thank you

Love this post! Doing it for yourself is so important. How are you getting on? Any updates?? I'm just in week one so looking for inspiration!

Hi, Yes thank you for the replies. I am now almost 9 weeks in and have lost 4 stone. I'm back in a large T,shirt and my jeans fit me again Yay! Still going until beginning of November and it is plain sailing now. I am never hungry and don't even fancy trying 'real' food. If you need inspiration to kick on just remember me and say I'f he can do it, so can I and go for it. It isn't nearly as hard as you imagine just give yourself 2-3 weeks to get into the swing. It really does pass quickly and a new you is just waiting to be discovered.
Good luck all.

Hi, Yes thank you for the replies. I am now almost 9 weeks in and have lost 4 stone. I'm back in a large T,shirt and my jeans fit me again Yay! Still going until beginning of November and it is plain sailing now. I am never hungry and don't even fancy trying 'real' food. If you need inspiration to kick on just remember me and say I'f he can do it, so can I and go for it. It isn't nearly as hard as you imagine just give yourself 2-3 weeks to get into the swing. It really does pass quickly and a new you is just waiting to be discovered.
Good luck all.

Wow thats fantastic!!!
Keep it up you seem to be in the zone :) Very inspirational you should post before and after pics they motivate me so much.

Wow thats fantastic!!!
Keep it up you seem to be in the zone :) Very inspirational you should post before and after pics they motivate me so much.
Hi Moonbeam. Thanks for the kind words. I will post a before and after when I have reached my target. It'll be in Nov though. How is your journey going?

I look forward to seeing them! I'm only at the start of my journey. Just about finished week one and I'm down 6 lbs :) Very happy with that. I still have a stone to lose and am determined to get there!

Well done you! keep going and be proud of yourself.

Quick update, I'm about to start week 10.....WEEK 10. I cannot believe it myself, it has been so easy this time. People talk about how they couldn't manage 10 weeks without food and alcohol but I honestly haven't been bothered. I'm going to unashamedly blow my own trumpet, I think I deserve it. I've lost 4 stone and feel and look great...well that's stretching it a bit, I'll stick with feel great. A diet can't cure an ugly mug after all :p
Anyone reading this and struggling a little put that LBD or pair of jeans you have bought yourself and hang them on the wardrobe door as a reminder of where you want to be, when you lose a stone treat yourself to something nice like perfume,aftershave or a bit of something to give you a little pat on the back for a job well done. Most of us on a VLCD are here as a last resort. It isn't a last resort it's a chance to find the real you again, the fit healthy you again the you that doesn't just sit in front of the telly with a bottle of wine and an empty pizza box but is the you that goes out with friends and laughs out loud again. C'mon guys and gals....You Can Do this!!!. :D:D:D

Well, yesterday I had to go into town to have some shoes repaired so I called into the nearest comfy place to wait for them. A Wetherspoons. It's just over the road from the cobblers. I did intend to get a coffee but stupidly I bought a pint of Coors Light beer. Now I never drink Lager for a start so why I got that I'll never know anyway it sat in front of me for 15 mins before I took my first sip, it tasted like liquid rubber, nothing new there for Lager. cut the story short it took over an hour to get it down. I picked up my shoes and went home. I didn't have anything else apart from my shakes so it wasn't a disaster but I didn't enjoy it as much as I imagined I would. One thing though I had a massive headache later in the day so I paid for it one way or the other. In the grand scheme of things it won't have done me any harm and this morning it's back to the routine of my two pints of water and my shake for breakfast.
Keep going everyone every day you get closer to your goals. :D:very_drunk:

Absolutely don't worry about that pint at all. You won't even see it on the scale and furthermore it was just a wee test to see how you're doing. You've been a total inspiration. I've done this diet I don't know how many times and the longest I ever lasted was 3 weeks. Back once again to lose the same weight I've gained and lost a hundred times over the last 10 years.

Hi, Thanks for that. I did beat myself up about it a little to be fair but I'm back on the horse and riding it all the way to healthy town.

Yes dude, smashing it up lad, 10 weeks in and all that weight down
You are inspiration

So I'm back again, I'll have done 3 months by next Tuesday and my goal is now in sight. I have a big do coming up, a weekender next weekend. and I'm going to see all my mates for the first time since I started. As I have been here before, a few years ago I'm ready for all the negative comments that are going to come my way. It always amazes me that slim people think they are the only ones who have a right to be slim and are happy to pass comment on people like us who are doing our very best to improve ourselves.
So I'm ready for all the Are you ill?. Wow! you look different! You look better now but I hope you are going to stop! Oh and the old chestnut I hope you aren't going to lose more, you look good now you don't need to lose any more. Anyone doing this should be prepared for these comments, your friends are used to seeing you with plump faces and plumper waistlines. It's always a shock to them to see a new slimmer person. The one's who see you everyday don't notice the difference as much as the ones who haven't seen you for a few months.
I know they mean well but it can be a little demoralising so I'm prepared to shrug it off and reply I'll stop when I'm happy with myself! That usually stops them in their tracks. Your Real friends will be happy for you and so they should be. I'm wearing all the stuff I haven't been able to for ages and I LOOK GREAT and feel GREAT.
I'm going to dance my little legs off. I hope your journeys are going well? Remember If I can do it....You can do it. Keep at it you are going to look Fabulous soon.
See ya
Wayne.

that is the spirit lad
see if someone was to start now by christmas they will look amazing

Well I'm back and pleased to say I didn't eat anything, stuck to my shakes I did take a bottle of whisky with me as I figured that out of all the things I could drink neat alcohol as probably the best option. I did have a couple before going out on an evening but seriously it wasn't a lot and I brought back almost a full bottle. I'm not expecting any great weight loss and to be honest I only have a stone and half to lose to get to my target so I'm not too fussed as my will power stayed strong and tomorrow I'll be back in the zone. Keep going guy's we will all get there in our own time.

Weighed in today and delighted to be 12st 10lb. So that is 1st 3 lb to my target weight. I should achieve that by the beginning of Nov or thereabouts. I'm a happy chappy knowing the end is in sight for me.
Keep it up everyone if this ex fatty can do it you all can do it. :p

Hope you don't mind me popping on to your diary. I just wanted to congratulate you for staying in the zone on a weekend away (not sure I'd have the willpower) and for sticking at it, so much so you're not far from your target. I just started this week and to be where you are today seems almost unimaginable. I've got a mahoosive amount to lose, like you I lost all my weight some years back, using the Cambridge Diet, kept it off for years and then it all went to pot (literally). I'm now heavier than ever -go figure.

Anyway - keep it up and I look forward to seeing your before and afters :)

Back