Size dropping???

Sammi N

Anything but Regular
Hi, not sure if this has been answered previously but wondered how many lbs it took before dropping a size? I know it varies from person-person but am interested to see "roughly" how much it takes.

I have set myself a goal weight but would rather set a size (as i know what id look like) tho wouldnt know what weight i would look healthy at as i havent been small for years and years. My family seem to think 11st at 5ft8 for me would be far too "thin"! So would like to average out loss to estimate possible healthy size for me to get to.

Look forward to reading your results of size dropping :)

It varies person to person. I know that I've lost quite a lot of inches and a stone and a half. In 3 weeks I've dropped 2 sizes on my waist and bust, and 1 on my hips. So I can now wear tops which are 2 sizes smaller, trousers and skirts that are 1 size smaller because I have huge hips that are on the slow take! and I guess dresses which are 1 size smaller. That's in 3 weeks. But it varies as I said. I have heard it said that it's ABOUT 1 stone = 1 dress size. And you lose about a stone a month. So you could drop a dress size a month. IF that works out accurate for you.

Oh and I'm 5ft 9 and aiming for about 12 stone, but will re-evaluate as I get closer!

I started at an 18 bottom and 16/18 top..

14 weeks on and 50 lbs down and I am now a size 14 bottom close to a 12 bottom and 10-12 top.....

it depends on the individual really but it does happen quite quickly.. and the clothes buying is never ending. lol

Good luck x

I started a 20/22 top and a 22 bottom, am now a 16 all over 6 stone ish later. So the stone a size thing hasn't worked for me. Hope toget to a 14 bottom 12 top at goal. I'm 5'10

I started a 20/22 top and a 22 bottom, am now a 16 all over 6 stone ish later. So the stone a size thing hasn't worked for me. Hope toget to a 14 bottom 12 top at goal. I'm 5'10

You have done so well hon ..
xxxx

thanks curly! Still a long way to go but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! Fingers crossed for a big loss this week, want to get to 13 7 by glasto in six weeks. I never would have thought it possible six months ago. Yay for cd! X

I started as a size 16/18 depending on what shop. I have only lost a stone and a half, but today I am wearing a size 14 trousers (Dorothy Perkins) and a 12 top (Next). However, saying that, I defo do not think I am a 12 or a 14, I think its just the sizing in different shops. My aim is to be 10/12 all over.

My family seem to think 11st at 5ft8 for me would be far too "thin"!
I'm 5'8" and just near to 11 stone now, after having dropped from a size 18/20 to 12/14 since February - and I'm certainly not too thin yet! :eek::D I'm going for the extra half stone off actually, down to 10½ stone, to see what that looks like. I'm still very flabby around the middle because I haven't done any exercise yet (having been on SS all this time) and I would like that to go, hence the extra half stone.

I set my own goal at 11 stone, because that's what I'd been previously for years - but that didn't make it right. I know now I would look and feel better with the extra half stone off (10½ stone is what I was in my early 20s) so that's why I'm going for it.

It's impossible to quantify these things. On CD, your body will change in ways you hadn't dreamed of, and not necessarily in the 'right order'! :) My legs are going really quite thin, but the bingo wings are still there - and my face was the first to show any weight loss, and others say it's the last place they see theirs (my glasses keep falling off!) - so you see, everyone's different.

You do need to be brave when dressing for your new shape - it can be hard to remind yourself that you don't have to wear baggy tents any more, and that you can wear fitted things (even tucked in, shock horror! :eek:) - it will be a revelation to you! :) Unless you buy their books, you will have to become your own Gok/Trinny/Susannah! :D

This is quite a difficult question to answer I think. I was wearing size 24 tops (with sleeves, as I have big arms) size 18-22 on the bottom(depending on waistbands) but I don't think those were my true sizes.....I have huge hips but a relatively tiny waist, so bigger sizes to fit my hips meant 'gaping' round my waist. I'm now wearing 18 jeans and trousers, but still needing 22 on the top (again with things with sleeves). I'm 5ft 11" and aiming for 11st 7lbs target. xxxxx

I started at 22/24 all over and am now a loose 18 and 29lb down...

I think past posts of this sort, show that it really is very individual!

xx

xx

Thank you all for answering its definately helped. Thing is before coming on cd i was 17.8 for ages give or take a pound. I got pregnant had my little boy whos now 4 months old. I started cd 5/5/09 and start weigh in was 16.5. I was happy before even starting the shakes etc as somehow id lost over a stone without even seeing it pass. Definately didnt feel any different and wearing the same clothes. A week into this diet i had lost another 11lb and am currently 15.8 (2nd weigh in is friday) Yet my clothes are still the same size and my shape looks the same. I feel cleaner and empty but thats about it. Hence my curiosity for losses before dropping a size. It would appear nearly 2 stone gone and im still wearing the same size. I imagine i might be like a friend of mine that would randomly drop a size out of nowhere. Heres hoping anyway :D

Back