Skin problems?

ColJack

Gold Member
no, not another "what do I do about my flabby skin" post...

I have developed dry, flaky, itchy skin on my elbows, wrist, between my fingers and on the palm of my hand...
it's so bad on my hand that it's cracked and raw sometimes..

My GP said it's "eczma" which is GP speak for "I can't be arsed to find out what it really is, here have some cream.." as far as I can tell..

it's only started since just before christmas...

I've never suffered from eczma before so I think that it might be something work realted maybe.. or diet related..

any ideas on remedies or possible causes etc?

I get the same on my elbows which my GP has also labeled as ezcema. I find plenty of E45 cream helps to keep it under control and stop it becoming too red and sore.

I started getting horrible angry red itchy patches way back years ago when I was doing my A-Levels, ever since it Bly flares up in times of stress. The doctors have said its eczema, I think E45 is just brilliant, for my hands there is nothing better than The Body Shop's hemp seed oil hand cream, it is surely sent from the heavens. Whatever you choose, really plough it on at nighttime under your pyjamas and load your hand cream on then put some gloves on overnight, you'll not know yourself.

I agree with potato about the hemp seed oil! I can't bear the smell but it works like a dream! I use it as well for the hard skin on my heels.

If you're sure it's not eczema, which it could be, my sister got psoriasis a few years ago. Anyway, since Christmas have you started to use anything different, like, anti p, shower gel, moisturiser, aftershave, or introduced some new food into your diet, if so it could be allergy related. Does it come & go are have you had it constantly since just before Christmas? Has anything changed at work, eg air con?

My dad has psoriasis & uses, aqueous cream which keeps his skin soft, don't know if its prescription only or not though.

Or could it be psoriasis, have you had a lot of stress recently?

i get dry skin quite badly on my face, hands and arms, so i started to use olive oil(syned or hexb)with my meals and its really made a difference to the condition of my skin.

Back