Skin

willfitskinnyjeans

Gold Member
I've got 3 stone to loose to be a healthy weight (1/2 loss so far) and then possibly another 1-2 stone depending how I feel and I'm starting to panic how bad my skin will be. Some days I think it won't be to bad but today it seems very wrinkly and saggy, I'm 28 and had 1 child. Does anyone else worry? I could give up today I'm so worried about it.

I worry about this sometimes! I think there are a lot of creams and lotions that can help with it though. I use Cellusculpt from Avon and it's really good, although I don't always remember to use it everyday! I was also looking at seaweed wrap treatments for when I get to target, they're supposed to be really good for tightening skin. :)

Hi there, at such a young age if you lose at a good but steady pace your excess skin will retract and not look any different than it did before, you will probably have stretch marks but that's called life! :)

I think this only happens if you use a huge amount of weight within a really short space of time. If you lose at a nice steady pace while also incorporating some weight-training and toning exercises you should be fine hon

SW is worth doing for health not just looks, you will be doing your best to be around for your child which is more important than a bit of saggy skin.

Yes that's of course more important than anything :) I could of given up today after this morning but I haven't slipped up at all very pleased with myself and support from here helping me :) x

There's a possibility you may end up with a little bit of loose skin. Or you may not. It depends on lots of things - how old you are, the natural elasticity of your skin, how fast you lose weight, wether you are exercising etc. Personally, it's not something that bothers me a great deal. I'd far ratherr have some loose skin than the fat that used to be underneath it. The health benefits from losing weight (I have a couple of stone to go), are far greater than dealing with some loose skin in my opinion.

I'll be honest, I am now 27 years old, I started SW when I had just turned 25 and hit target 6 months later, going from 12 stone to 9 stone, and my skin isnt what it was, I definitely notice it on my stomach and boobs, and if I really look I can notice it on my arms and legs.. but honestly, I think it's only me that notices it. I look 100% better now than I did before I lost weight so I don't mind so much about my skin. I think I've just been unfortunate as I know people who have lost a lot more than me and their skin has just snapped back. Good luck on your journey :)

Back