Skinny Cupcake!

So, first day. I am starting the 5:2 diet today. I was planning on Monday, but MIL is planning an Easter dinner on Monday cause DH is working tomorrow, plus we went to the cinema yesterday and then Frankie and Bennys where we went mad, so I felt today would be a better day to start! :D So this week coming my two fast days are going to be today and Tuesday, then go back to being Mondays and Thursdays.

My starting weight is 15st3lbs, measurements are: chest 44in, waist 43in, hips 45in, dress size 18. I want to do a blood sugar test too as 5:2 is supposed to lower the average,and as a sugar junkie, thats probably a good thing, but DH has taken his blood monitor to work today, so I'll have to test tomorrow.

On the downside, my battery in my kitchen scales has just run down, so I am having to guess at weights using info on the packets, but I don't want to put off starting. Even if I don't get the exact weight, today will still be a lot lower than my normal calorie intake. I'm using my fitness app to keep count of my calories

So, todays meals:
2 scrambled eggs & 50g smoked salmon - 289kcal
50g chicken, 175g mangetout and baby sweetcorn, 1 cup broccoli, 1 cup grated carrot dry fried with 15ml soy sauce - 227

Total calories - 516

Ok, slightly over, but still! I have noticed I need to drink more. I usually have had a cup of tea and a coffee by now, but don't want to waste any calories, so drinking very diluted squash, but have only managed half a glass so far!

Have lots of housework and the children home today, so hopefully it will distract me from how hungry I feel!

Hello I'm also doing the 5:2 fasting plan. :) I will be following your journey. It's a wise choice to use my fitness pal it's so handy. Good luck x

So I managed the second fast day without bingeing too, very pleased with myself! Weighed in on Saturday morning and have officially lost 3lbs, so I am over the moon! Especially with a huge family bbq and Easter weekend! Fast day again today, and I have just finished my lunch of tikka chicken and salad (230cals) trying to keep busy during my fast days so I don't think so much about being hungry, and drinking lots more too, trying to feel fuller.

Hi Honey J, do you mind me asking how much you've lost on 5:2? Most of the people I've talked to are already slim and doing it for health benefits, so not really sure what to expect!

We're all fasting today!! I only have 150 cals left. Going to keep it simple and use it on a protein shake and brush teeth straight after!!

Back