skinny fat??!

Discussion in 'Lipotrim Refeeding' started by trimlee, 16 October 2008 Social URL.

1. trimlee

trimlee Love God; Love People

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(8.24%)
    Diet:
    Healthy eating!
    This will sound ridiculous of you're still on TFR (all you wanna do is get down to target weight) but in maintenance a new issue arises for some of us: being "skinny fat"!
    U know after you've lost lots of weight now you seem to become so body-aware? Well, this is where I am, and I am very conscious of this layer of fat around my upper arms, thighs and abs. Now, on the surface of it, it seems I am sorta "OK" -size 12, BMI 23.5, but my body fat is 33%!
    Here's a table of body fat norms:
    Normal -female: 22-25%, male:15-18%
    Overfat -female: 29-35%, male:20-25%
    Obese -female:35%, male:25+%

I really want to get my fat down to at most 25%. I don't want to be 'skinny fat' any longer!

Anyone else found this?

PS: strategies for me include resistance training and toning (and I'd better not kid myself, I really need to eat healthily...)

Last edited: 16 October 2008
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Yasmine

Yasmine One last chance

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(14.58%)
    Diet:
    Lighterlife Lite
    When you look at yourself in the mirror, are you happy with what you see?

Some of these tables and things where they have an estimate of what normal or obese is aren't entirely accurate. If you're happy with your look, nothing else should matter :)

4. Yorkshire Adam

Yorkshire Adam Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(27.78%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    i agree with yasmine

5. Yasmine

Yasmine One last chance

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(14.58%)
    Diet:
    Lighterlife Lite
    A size 10-12 is a beautiful figure. Size 10-12 women are not fat. You've lost 2 stone which is an amazing achievement.

Don't allow yourself to think that your fat at size 10, you might fall into anorexia's grip.

6. chriBs3

chriBs3 Full Member

again, it's the media giving women unrealistic expectations. It's going the same way for men too these days

7. Purpleangel

Purpleangel Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(6.9%)
    Diet:
    Weightwatchers
    thats the thing with lipotrim you get so much control and you can lose weight easily. It is like anorexia in a way - cos they have a strong control over their weight.

I am already getting comments off people about how much longer do i want to be on this, and when i say size 10 they look worried!

8. Yasmine

Yasmine One last chance

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(14.58%)
    Diet:
    Lighterlife Lite
    OMG I know what you mean about the size 10 thing. My dad doesn't want me to get down to that size, a lot of people don't beleive that I can get down to that size anyway, seeing as I have wide hips.

9. Purpleangel

Purpleangel Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(6.9%)
    Diet:
    Weightwatchers
    thing with me is i am 5ft4.5. This is a regular height, but i have a really small bone structure. I cannot carry a size 16 - it affects my health. Now i know a size 16 is actually the most common dress size in the UK and is fine on other people. But it seems to me that people find the fact i want to be a 10 shocking, why? Its not a size 0! LOL. Its a very healthy size for my structure - and i know that any less than a 10 will be unhealthy.

wonder if its other people with the problem rather than us?

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.