skipping shakes

*lesley*

Silver Member
Hi all ;-)
Feel compelled to write this thread as I keep reading about people skipping shakes lately and it's worrying.
You need all 3 shakes per day. If you do not have them then you are not getting the correct nutrients your body needs.
Let me put this another way. Your bodies now are in kind of a starvation mode and every single drop of shake you eat is providing nutrients to help your body work. With the little you are eating, it will use it all. This diet can already do things like make your hair fall as the body passes what nutrients you are getting onto more important places.
You are putting yourselves at risk of a lot worse problems though by cutting shakes. How few calories do you think your body can live on and function well? 2 shakes is not enough.
If you are having problems keeping them down and this persists then there are other tfr diets that you can do instead. It's doing your body no good to bring them back up.
Sorry if this all sounds harsh but take it from someone who had the right amount a day and still had prob's with my hair amongst other things, you need to do this diet properly or not at all.
Rant over, I just hope some of you are listening x

Well said :) the diet is so strict for a reason. Everything is balanced to ensure our bodies can function on the low calories and exact nutrients needed etc! Take the 3 shakes - I know I'm at the stage of looking forward to them - lol can't believe that!
Best of luck to all taking in this TFR challenge - roll on skinnier times

Thanks for the advice I am on my fifth day today and I am enjoying my morning shake at the moment I love your support keep it up Maryxo

Would there be any way to prevent hair loss like maybe take some sort of vitimin tablet, Zinc? or would that not be allowed. Its not food but I do know we cannot take even a piece of chewing gum so maybe not. Just a thought

I have to say that as a male I have two shakes per day on Lipotrim (they are bigger than the women's portions) and after eight weeks on the diet I am left with five spare packets. I have not willingly skipped any shakes but a few times I have simply forgotten to take one. I tend to have one between noon-2pm and the other between 8-11pm but because I simply have no appetite I have to make myself have them.

I don't think missing the odd one like that is going to do any great harm as I didn't at any time feel ill or particularly weaker or anything but I also think it made little difference to the amount of weight I lost.

Skipping shakes isn't going to make you lose weight faster (in fact it could do the opposite from what I gather) and I would suggest yo uhave all the shakes as you should. HJowever, if you do miss the odd one then don't beat yourself up about it - just make sure you get back on track. :)

^^ Note: I am in no way an expert on this issue but but by typing this I think I've proved it didnt kill me!!

Loopyloo said:
Would there be any way to prevent hair loss like maybe take some sort of vitimin tablet, Zinc? or would that not be allowed. Its not food but I do know we cannot take even a piece of chewing gum so maybe not. Just a thought

Holland and Barrett do a silica tablet and body kind online do a biotin one that new help with regrowth. I took the silica on the diet when I remembered and the biotin after when it was falling out. Whether the biotin helped, I think it may have done as my hair did stop falling out quicker than I've read some people's did. It will def help with regrowth either way. Key with hair loss is don't panic you will make it worse and it will stop and it will not leave you with big chunks missing. This only happens very very very rarely. X

MrC said:
I have to say that as a male I have two shakes per day on Lipotrim (they are bigger than the women's portions) and after eight weeks on the diet I am left with five spare packets. I have not willingly skipped any shakes but a few times I have simply forgotten to take one. I tend to have one between noon-2pm and the other between 8-11pm but because I simply have no appetite I have to make myself have them.

I don't think missing the odd one like that is going to do any great harm as I didn't at any time feel ill or particularly weaker or anything but I also think it made little difference to the amount of weight I lost.

Skipping shakes isn't going to make you lose weight faster (in fact it could do the opposite from what I gather) and I would suggest yo uhave all the shakes as you should. HJowever, if you do miss the odd one then don't beat yourself up about it - just make sure you get back on track. :)

^^ Note: I am in no way an expert on this issue but but by typing this I think I've proved it didnt kill me!!
Lol MrC!
100% agree. Don't beat yourself up missing one as we have all done it and forgot. Just don't make it a habit and as soon as you remember just down it!

I had three yesterday but I've only had one today so far... I get anxious about drinking them because I find the taste so bad but going to have another on right now!

Which ones are you having? I found the choc one to be the least offensive! The strawberry and vanilla i found could get quite sickly. Do you like coffee? If so, have you tried mixing them with coffee? That can help. As can blending them with lots of ice.
Or lower the water you add so you don't have as much and just neck it! If you do though remember to have a big glass of water after to stop and bad bellies.
Stick with it x

I can only stomach the strawberry and the choc tried all the different ways but mixing them with 300ml of cold water and sipping while distracting myself with tv or a book is the only way that's working for me ... Have to have a smoke straight after though and for about 30-60 mins after I feel sick and nauseated

Tablespoon of coffee and sachet of choc powder in a shaker and mix with 300 ml of water then heat in the microwave for 2mins! It actually tastes good!!

I can only drink mine with plenty of ice and through a straw, but I make sure that I have all three. I too like Lesley suffered from serve hair loss the first time I did Lipotrim back in 2008. My hair began to fall out the third week after I finished. Like Lesley I had really thick hair so although I noticed other people didn't. It did stop eventually and I do take supplements now whilst on Lipotrim. Whether they work or not I have no idea, but they give me peace of mind. Lots of people do not lose any hair, at my chemist I am the only person who reported this so it is not going to affect everyone. It hasn't stopped me doing Lipotrim again even though I know that I am prone to hair loss, It will grow back!! :giggle:

Hopefully this will spur u on!

Day 10 - I got chills they're multiplying and I'm loooosiiinnggg the lbs but these shaaakkes I am tryin they're repulsifyingggg

Gotta shape up cos I need a man ... And well I wanna be thinner too ... Gotta shape up you better understand need lose a stone or twooo...

Hilarious!

Yellow - have you tried them as a mouse?
First time I did LT was in summer 3 years ago and nearly every meal I had I had frozen mouse. (only takes 15 mins in freezer). Much less taste that way.

This time I'm doing all drinks - first time I've acutally used them as drinks.

Still got constipation tho. :cry:

Yeh tried mousse it was yuck... I am actually ok getting them down now it's just afterwards feel horrible ill

Yellow - have you tried them as a mouse?
First time I did LT was in summer 3 years ago and nearly every meal I had I had frozen mouse. (only takes 15 mins in freezer). Much less taste that way.

This time I'm doing all drinks - first time I've acutally used them as drinks.

Still got constipation tho. :cry:

Are you allowed to freeze the shakes. As once made into a mouse or a shake you have 15 minutes in which to eat or drink it.

Hi All = had to add to this thread - I must be unusual as I actually like the shakes, soup is ok as well. I do make mine with a hand blender (cheap one from Asda) though and about 210ml of water - hot for the vanilla and cold for the strawberry. When whisked up all the lumps go and it becomes very frothy and thick. I haven't tried adding anything as, to be honest, I don't need to.

With regards to the constipation - I do use the fibreclear every day - one teaspoon in a large glass of water in the morning with my first shake and all is well.

Back