Sleep and weight loss

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by ArmsOfAnAngel, 8 February 2007 Social URL.

1. ArmsOfAnAngel

ArmsOfAnAngel Full Member

Does what sleep people get affect the weight they lose?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Bunnyg

Bunnyg Determined

Oooh never heard that one before! I don't think it has anything to do with it to be honest, but someone with more expertise might be able to confirm this

4. Nick

Nick Need help

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet/ Slimming World
    Dont know the answer to this but I will say when I had alot of weight to lose I didnt sleep that well. Indigestion was my main problem, but now I sleep all the way through the night. And I have been told that I dont snore anymore, well not as load.:D

Nick:)

IreneH likes this.
  5. Kate

Kate CDC/PT/PITA

Yes, because lack of sleep can adversely affect your metabolism (lack of sleep is bad all round - it messes with your hormone levels, makes you tired and therefore less active, and reduces the time your body has for repair and regrowth).

6. Karen

Karen Serial Foodie!

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    18st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(6.96%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    i find CD has helped me sleep better but then i guess my caffine addiction is gone and i am not eating cr*p that interfers with my system :)

the metabolism thing makes sense. good post!

7. sonkie

sonkie Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    measure up
    I heard that children who are obese dont get enough sleep, it was on the news a few weeks ago. Kids are staying up later to watch tv or play on games consoles in there rooms.

8. clairabellx

clairabellx Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.72%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    There's also a link between sleep apnea and being overweight (and with PCOS too - but everything seems linked to PCOS if you ask me). So, following that logic, losing weight would facilitate better sleep. I have found when in deep ketosis that I wake earlier than I used to.

9. Sparkle

Sparkle Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Do sleeping tablets effect the quality of sleep, and therefore would that in turn effect the metabolism etc??

10. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    I am sleeping better and rarely have indigestion and i used to have that a lot.
    Irene xx

11. blitz

blitz Silver Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    Im sleeping loads better now and appartently I no longer snore (not that I ever agree that I did in the 1st place!!) and I also dont move around much anymore. I just hit the pilow and Im out like a light.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.