• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Sleep and weight loss

ArmsOfAnAngel

Bunnyg

Determined
Oooh never heard that one before! I don't think it has anything to do with it to be honest, but someone with more expertise might be able to confirm this

Nick

Need help
Dont know the answer to this but I will say when I had alot of weight to lose I didnt sleep that well. Indigestion was my main problem, but now I sleep all the way through the night. And I have been told that I dont snore anymore, well not as load.:D

Nick:)

Kate

CDC/PT/PITA
Yes, because lack of sleep can adversely affect your metabolism (lack of sleep is bad all round - it messes with your hormone levels, makes you tired and therefore less active, and reduces the time your body has for repair and regrowth).

Karen

Serial Foodie!
S: 19st7lb C: 18st2lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 49.6 Loss: 1st5lb(6.96%)
i find CD has helped me sleep better but then i guess my caffine addiction is gone and i am not eating cr*p that interfers with my system :)

the metabolism thing makes sense. good post!

sonkie

Gold Member
G: 12st0lb
I heard that children who are obese dont get enough sleep, it was on the news a few weeks ago. Kids are staying up later to watch tv or play on games consoles in there rooms.

clairabellx

S: 13st6lb C: 12st13lb G: 9st0lb BMI: 31.1 Loss: 0st7lb(3.72%)
There's also a link between sleep apnea and being overweight (and with PCOS too - but everything seems linked to PCOS if you ask me). So, following that logic, losing weight would facilitate better sleep. I have found when in deep ketosis that I wake earlier than I used to.

blitz

Silver Member
Im sleeping loads better now and appartently I no longer snore (not that I ever agree that I did in the 1st place!!) and I also dont move around much anymore. I just hit the pilow and Im out like a light.