Slightly demoralised...:( Please help...

<3_my_cat_x

Hi all,

So I am on day 19 and I am feeling slightly demoralised probably stupidly so but still I just need a pep talk please if pos!

I lost 8.5 lbs in week 1, 4.25 in week 2 and now this is week 3 and since Monday I have lost 1.25 lbs - seriously the little I am eating/we are all eating (!) the weight should be dropping off me right? I really would love to average around 3 lbs a week cos I am getting married on 20th July and want to look lovely for that and my honeymoon - feel like maybe I'm not gonna get there and I am making myself suffer on this diet for nothing? This is week 3 and SnS told me that week 3 losses are often lower and also my totm is due on around 20th (tmi sorry!) so that could be it? I drink loads of water - more than the recommended amount, I don't drink much coke zero - just a little bit and not more than allowed, I alternate between 4 packs and 3 packs + protein (eggs, as I am a vegetarian) and I am just wondering if I am doing something wrong? I usually wait to eat my breakfast (oatmeal) until around 11am but now I am wondering if this perhaps makes my body think i am starving it by waiting so long to have breakfast? So this morning I had it at 9am - we shall see i suppose.

I'm not gonna give up I just feel a bit miserable. I am depriving myself so much from social events and everything that losing just 1.25 measly lbs in a week will really pee me off :mad:

Sorry for moaning - i am just desperate to lose these 3 stones 2 lbs by my wedding.

Thanks

x

I was told on another (very reputable) website that when you don't lose on the scales that just means your body has lost inches instead.

You should start measuring yourself, weight is not the best way to actually tell weight loss. Tightness of clothes & measurements are.

If it upsets you I'd say just weigh yourself fortnightly. BTW you've had fantastic losses, don't worry! :)

Youve 'only' lost 1.25lbs but youre 'only' half way through the week. Theres plenty of time for abother couple of lbs to drop off :)

I've posted on another thread this morning that I've only lost in terms of weight, 6lb since 24th January. But I've lost a ton of inches and my body shape has changed massively in these weeks, I've dropped almost 2 dress sizes in that time. This plan isn't just about the scales, it's about overall losses, sometimes you'll see that on the scales, sometimes in your clothes, sometimes both together. Your losses to date are brilliant - take a look at my weekly progress in my signature, each week in isolation doesn't look that outstanding for most of them, but they add up to 62lb off in under 6 months, I've never lost that much in years of dieting before now! You've well over 3 months to July, that can easily be another 3 stone and at least 3 dress sizes.

Keep the faith girl, it'll happen :)

They're pretty good losses really and you'd struggle to do that on most other diets. Our bodies aren't a machine and they won't do things consistently, you'll have weeks where you drop more and weeks where you drop less. Just keep at it, we're all behind you.

You're not doing anything wrong... You can't push/make your body do anything, you can't EXPECT anything of it. The weight IS coming off. My losses are really slow, but I know I'm doing something about my weight, which in itself is a massive boost.

And look at Noodles - she's a success story in the making! Hasn't lost an amazing amount of weight on the scales in the last few weeks, but has dropped an amazing 2 dress sizes in that time!! THAT is what counts after all - the VISUAL difference! Forget the scales! :D (Well done Noodles!!)

At the end of the day - there's no point in coming off SnS just because you don't think you'll reach your target by your wedding day. I mean - would you rather be 13st something on your wedding or be as close to your target as possible? That's what it comes down to. You may not reach a magic goal number, but you'll feel amazing - even if it's just a few POUNDS to go rather than a few STONE to go.

Stay strong. It's worth it.

x

So I am on day 19
I lost 8.5 lbs in week 1, 4.25 in week 2 and now this is week 3 and since Monday I have lost 1.25 lbs

This is NORMAL - I understand how you feel but please just soldier on - you will almost certainly go back to great losses next week or even the rest of this week.

I am on day 21

My first week I lost 8.4 lbs
The second week I lost 3.6 lbs
In my third week I had lost 1.0 lbs by day 19 (day 20 was 0.4 and day 21 was 0.6 so I am now up to 2.0 lbs)

Looks familiar?

I have done SnS before - some weeks are just a bit slower but it really does even out overall. Lots of people have commented about the week 3 reduced loss - week 4 is fine! I remember having several weeks last time round when I had barely lost anything by day 5 of that week and pretty much lost the whole weeks weight in the last two days (I averaged 3.5lbs a week after the first week).

You guys are all BRILLIANT! :D Thank you so much you have all helped me massively today. I do need to start measuring I think - wish I had done at the beginning tbh! Can I just ask exercise wise what you guys do? Cos I heard that too much exercise can reduce losses on SnS but I love exercising and think it's great for toning - I do bootcamp 3 x a week and run/brisk walk for 20 mins and/or 20 mins other cardio the other 4 days. I'm just wondering if this could make a difference? Does anyone have any experience with this?

X

You're not doing anything wrong... You can't push/make your body do anything, you can't EXPECT anything of it. The weight IS coming off. My losses are really slow, but I know I'm doing something about my weight, which in itself is a massive boost.

And look at Noodles - she's a success story in the making! Hasn't lost an amazing amount of weight on the scales in the last few weeks, but has dropped an amazing 2 dress sizes in that time!! THAT is what counts after all - the VISUAL difference! Forget the scales! :D (Well done Noodles!!)

At the end of the day - there's no point in coming off SnS just because you don't think you'll reach your target by your wedding day. I mean - would you rather be 13st something on your wedding or be as close to your target as possible? That's what it comes down to. You may not reach a magic goal number, but you'll feel amazing - even if it's just a few POUNDS to go rather than a few STONE to go.

Stay strong. It's worth it.

x

Minerva you're completely right - I do completely agree - coming off the diet completely definitely won't help!!! Thanks hun!

Yes Noodles you are such an inspiration!!! Well done! xx

Exercise wise it's a case of be careful. You've got to remember you're going to be running off far less calories than normal so although you can keep up doing exercise doing all that might not be possible.

When I did this diet before someone told me not to worry about weekly loses but look at ur loses in terms of every month and they should even out, be careful of how much exercise u do as u are on such low calories at the moment. Definitely measure urself as u will probably see results quickly there especially with ur toning. Keep plodding on cos ur doing brilliant and it will work for u xx

Biff xxx

Back