slightly off topic ??

peach pip

Nothing but Fuzz!
:26:Ok guys I know this will probably stir a few mixed thoughts, and i know we are a good while off yet but just wondering about peoples thoughts on this subject...

Ok Christmas.... I am hopefully like most others going to be down approx 3 stones come then thanks to the focus of the christmas challenge.... however am a bit unsure of what to do then...

the options being

a. refeed for a week over the christmas period then to start back at 100% TFR to finish the job.
B. Continue with 100% and if you cheat just get back on the horse.
C. Go cold turkey and stick it out 100% no matter what???

I have no doubt that I will continue with LT even after christmas but im just unsure what the best option would be given that i havent told anyone other than my OH that im doing it and think that especially christmas day will raise some questions as to why im not eating if i stick to 100%

:26:

I'm going to refeed and limit myself as to what I eat probably using maintenance or TFR products as well as eating low carb for a few weeks in December as have birthday, my wedding, Xmas and my honeymoon to contend with BUT I am absolutely determined that I will go back on 100% TFR when back from honeymoon.
The way I am looking at it is that if I have been 100% for 3 months and have hopefully lost a few stones in that time, it will be ok to reward myself (without going overboard) to enjoy these special occasions and then I will be really positive and want to carry on until I have lost all of my excess weight.
Not sure if that helps but hope so x

Hiya,
Its understandable that this must be a concern for many and If I was worried about it I would personally do the re~feed during the Christmas week. I don`t actually celebrate Christmas so its not a problem for me. But I can imagine how it would be, especially if you had parties to go to (work do`s) and home gatherings and meals (pressure!!!) I say be kind to yourself and do the re~feed hunni...
L xx

yeah it does thanks hun, for you certainly the maintenance route as you have some major occasions coming up and you need to fully enjoy those special times. I only have christmas day to contend with so i was thinking... if i have broken the back of my goals by christmas then i know i will want to finish the job in january ... i just think it will possibly be the more sensible thing to do by refeeding for the week and being sensible to limit the damage.

I think you are right - imagine how awful Christmas day may be if you are trying to stick to 100% - you may end up feeling so resentful and you may cave in and then do a lot of damage. At least if you make a conscious decision to refeed and enjoy the day, you can get back on 100% with a clear conscience and finish the job x

Love the plan girls, thank you so much ....

will one of you come and kick my backside if you havent seen me online by january the first then haha!

I personally have already decided that for Xmas (1 day) I'm not prepared to break all my hard work and then possibly not be able to get back on track.

I've never had a problem watching others eat whilst I'm on plan, but I know some find it hard to do that and would therefore think the re feed is probably the best plan. A good idea might be to discuss this with your pharmasist and see what ideas they can come up with :D x x x

Christmas is hard even on re-feed you gotta make a decision and stick 100% to it which is made worse by all the nights out before and during. I don't believe I could ever have done it 100% over Christmas as I work in the drinks industry and it is huge for us...

My advice would be if you have been on long term and believe come 1st jan you can get back on the horse do an extended re-feed i.e if you are off for 3 weeks do every day times 3 bar Christmas day and New Years Eve on which you should allow yourself a treat as if you have come that far you deserve it!!!

I was on Lipotrim TFR two years ago through christmas as I really wanted to get to goal asap. I really didn't want to refeed for the sake of 1 meal (christmas day) plus I was too worried about being able to get back on track! This is a totally personal choice, but there have been a number of people who have found it really difficult to get back to 100% in january.
I would think carefully about what is important to you, and plan everything well ahead.
Good luck with whatever you decide:)

Clair x

i.e if you are off for 3 weeks do every day times 3 bar Christmas day and New Years Eve on which you should allow yourself a treat as if you have come that far you deserve it!!!

Can I just check what yoou mean please by every day times 3? Do you mean have 3 TFR meals each day other than the Xmas day and NY's day? I ask as I'm going to end up having to have a few days / weeks off 100% as per my earlier post and really want to limit the damage but know I need to be out of ketosis if I am to be safe drinking alcohol. Any advice much appreciated thanks x

I can only obviously speak of my plan hun.... So here goes.... although i want this weight off and its well on its way!!! I realistically know i wont stay 100% over xmas.... And if i just break it for one day then that is more likely to spiral me into a binge.....I think you would have to have will power of steel to stay 100% at xmas!

So i am re-feeding the week before..... When i did the re-feed for my hols.... i did so then i could eat out/have a drink and enjoy a bit of a social life lol.... But i tried to keep as many good habits going then the transition isn't so big getting back on.... So i kept it low carb, no milk in tea/coffee still, kept the water up and tried to up my exercise!!! I put on 6lb on hols and the week after it was off again.... so i suspect it was just the cider!!! HEhe!

Getting back on isn't easy but it is possible.... I intend to come back on in Jan to lose the last bit..... I think re-feed if definately the way for me!!! But don't think about it too much.... have everything ready for starting first thing on the first....

Good luck with your decision hun!!!

xxx

thanks everyone you are all ace, i dunno what the best option is to be fair but ive got time to decide, just wondered what everyone elses thoughts were. I wont have an issue getting back on it in january as LT actually fits into my work schedule etc better than food!! haha! lucked out there! but will have to see how i feel the week before i think because i'll know whether i'm looking like caving in a big way or would just do the one day then crack back on with it ... thanks so much guys you are all little stars! xxx

I think a 100% Christmas sounds miserable it's my favourite day if the year I am doing it in style!! I (fingers crossed) will be at my target by December 1st so hopefully I'll be good as j am planning to push my target back a wee bit maybe go for 133lbs!!

I plan on re-feeding 1 week before Christmas, I only plan on eating my Christmas dinner, so I'll have my re-feed meal and shake and then my Christmas dinner on the day.. I can't miss it, it's my favourite time of the year :D then I'll be back on TFR the next day. I think by then you will have lost quite a bit of weight and you might feel ready to re-feed you should enjoy yourself and have a little treat :) x

Can I just check what yoou mean please by every day times 3? Do you mean have 3 TFR meals each day other than the Xmas day and NY's day? I ask as I'm going to end up having to have a few days / weeks off 100% as per my earlier post and really want to limit the damage but know I need to be out of ketosis if I am to be safe drinking alcohol. Any advice much appreciated thanks x

Sorry for taking so long to reply but I mean do day 1 from the plan for 3 days, do day2 from the plan for 3 days etc etc so that instead of a 1 week re-feed it is a 3 week re-feed. It makes it less scary and for someone like me who is a close relative of the Hoover Dam reduces water retention...

Well I know I'm late reading this thread but found it really interesting. I am likely to be at my target by Christmas week, yet part of me hopes I don't need to do my refeed till New Year's Day!! I love Christmas but I know it's the most dangerous time for me to be choosing what to eat because in the past, I have used it as an excuse to pig out on all the wrong things (worse than usual)! lol I know that by then I should have got my head around a healthy approach to food... maybe I'm just worried I'll completely mess up and put loads back on lol
I've decided to go 100% for my holiday in Italy next week ... I just find Lipotrim TRF the easiest/safest option where there's no chance of failing. I guess what I'm saying is it's the same with me for Christmas. I know of people who have come off 100% and however determined they were that they were going to get back on board, they just couldn't. Anyway, thanks for letting me vent.... with only 10 weeks till Christmas, there's not that long to go! :)

Back