Sliiming World Newbie...

mummy2katie

Hi all,

I'm totally new to this, so hoping I manage to post this alright & don't bore you too much!

I first joined SW in 2010 & lost 4 & 1/2 stone after having my daughter....major craving for gingerbread men made me pile of the lbs whilst pregnant!

I'm due to be Maid Of Honour at my friends wedding in July. I have my dress, it fits (sort of) but I'm not happy in it, hence why starting on the plan again.

I'm not going to group as I didn't really enjoy that before, I'm just doing it at home with the help of the internet & books.

I've been back on it for just over a week now & lost 3lb in the first week :D I really enjoyed it & was never hungry, unlike previous diets I've done before, that I never stuck to. (Even though I know its a life-style change, not diet)

My problem is, I'm worried my portion size is too big & I'm eating too much...any advise on how much I should have on m plate/be eating?

Such a simple thing, but starting it panick! lol

HI :)

Its kind of a 'how long is a piece of string?' question. Technically this is the plan where you can eat as much as you like as long as your plate remains 1/3 SF 2/3 F and youre not going over your syns.

If you think you're eating too much though try and cut down your portion size. You may just be eating so much because its on your plate and we are a generation of "you've got to finish whats on your plate". Or maybe try and use a smaller plate? I've noticed that makes a big difference for me, especially with snacks. If you find your still hungry or snacking more then your original plate size was probably right for you.

Its all personal preference and trial and error really, but this is the plan where you can say YES to seconds :) .x.x.

Portion-size wise, if you're eating what's filling you up, don't feel hungry after finishes, or stuffed to the brim you can't really go wrong.
Portion size is a very personal thing, and there's no point in being ravenous just to feel like you're doing better. Make sure you're eating enough to fill you up, the same portion size wont work for someone who wants to lose 15 stone and someone who only has 7lbs left, cut it down as you go and you'll be fine.

If you were looking for more of a scientific answer, I think there's a thing about two fist sizes per item, so if you clench your fists and put them together - kinda looking like a brain - that would be your meat, then again for the veg etc. I could be wrong, but before my stomach shrank and I couldn't eat that much it seemed about right.
X

Back