Slim and save new start

cushionhugger

Hi, I'm cushion hugger ,I'm 24 and have a huge challenge ahead of me.
I need to lose a significant amount of weight as I'm about 6st over my ideal bmi.
Have previously used slim and save to lose weight but wasn't in the right mindset, didn't follow maintenance and stopped using forums for support. So as you can imagine, I'm back with double the weight to lose and determined to follow plan through goal, through maintenance until I have succeeded!
I feel awful in my own skin- like a stretched sausage and I'm conscious that if I don't do something about my eating habits I'm going to get more and more unhealthy. I'm embarrassed of myself and what I have done to my body.

Im starting slim and save tomorrow morning and thought I'd get back in here tonight, read diaries and successes to help with the mental prep.
I'm an emotional eater, a procrastinator and really lack determination so any advice, words of wisdom or anyone that wants to buddy up would be greatly appreciated. Tough love is also welcome!
Hugs to all my fellow cushion huggers out there!
Xxx

Last edited:
Hi You couldn't have described how I feel better! I am starting tomorrow. I need to loose nearly 6 stone and hate that I have got like this. I have a beautiful 7 year old and a skinny husband lol I used to be size 8 and am now a 20'and it's awful. So onward and downward. If you fancy buddying up that'd be fab as most people really don't get this plan so it'd be good to have someone who does

Hi Lis2811- so glad I've found someone with the same goal! we can support each other along this journey. have you done a VLCD before?
I know how you feel with the skinny other half- my OH is so lean and toned i should be all hot and bothered ( but secretly Im jealous!!)
I hope your fist day is going okay?
I kicked off my day with a strawberry shake, and have just popped home for my lunch- cottage pie:) (absolute favourite); not sure yet what I'll have for tea.
Which packs did you opt for today? I feel fine hunger wise- maybe because i don't really eat during the day? by tea time I'll probably be ready to eat the curtains!!
A friend of mine advised that if I keep my chin up and the fridge closed, I'll do just fine- so here's hoping!
Cush xxx

Hiya
It's not been too bad today I did exante a while ago which was ok but the soup made me feel sick lol. I had cafe late shake for brekki didn't get time for lunch and dinner will be a strawberry shake and a mint truffa bar! I've not had the meals yet! As exante put me off but may order some next time. I'll be hiding in bed early to avoid food lol
I'm determined that I won't be fair fat and 40 this year and my daughter and hubby deserve so much better. I hate looking at myself in a mirror and the idea of a beach this year fills me with dread.
More water needed by me! I can only cope with sparkling water lol
Let's see how tomorrow goes! Hope you have a good evening
Lis
Xx

Hi Girls, I started today, 4 stone to lose. Liking the variety on Slim and Save so far! I'm liking the truffa bars, cottage pie and spicy spaghetti. Going to try as much as possible though, so it doesn't get boring. Have a good week x

Hiya
I must get adventurous. So why are we all loosing weight any big event coming up or caused it? I want a holiday photo to be proud of and this year we are on a Europe road trip with the caravan so determined to have fun look good and be proud plus I sat on the loo seat and it broke I'm 15 stone 8 :-(
Xx

I've got a wardrobe full of clothes I can't fit into! It's mainly because I've not been slim for a very long time and I just want to feel good about myself. The losses on this diet are amazing! A stone in two weeks I've read a lot. I would be so chuffed!!

Shame about the toilet seat :eek: the trip sounds amazing though.

Lis, Im motivated because I have a wedding to go to in a few months time, and I get to be a bridesmaid!!
Hope your second day is going smoothly- I felt a bit rubbish yesterday. I was really looking forward to the four cheese pasta pack with a few bits of cauliflower, but the smell and taste was so overpowering I couldnt eat it. I had 2 chocolate flavour shakes instead which were yummy.
I Know exactly how you feel with holiday photos- all of last years are cropped so you can only see my face..but even that is way too pudgy :(
Keep at it and you will have holiday pics to treasure for ever! you deserve this as well- you deserve to feel good, and confident and strut your stuff in a bikini/cozzie feeling amazing after all your hard work. we will get there!

fitforafb- if your name stands for what I think it does, it resonates so well with me! I've had that said to my face many a time unfortunately.
Thats a really good goal- think of how great you will feel fitting back into all those lovely clothes:)
I like most of the meal packs ( excluding the cheese pasta )- but haven't really tried the bars- any recommendations?

Day 2 and I've had coffee flavour shake and now for lunch I've got a summer fruits (I think) flavour..which reminds me of angel delight so definitely a winner in my book.:D
Chins up, fridge shut, and onwards!
Cush xx

Hi Cush, yeah it probably does stand for what you think. Its probably quite negative to have as my forum name but unfortunately those are the comments you remember! I've only tried the Dark Chocolate Truffa which are really nice and i'm not a dark chocolate fan either. I've ordered a few more to try so I'll let you know when I have.

Glad you've had a good day, I quite fancy a shake with coffee in for breakfast. I've had a tough day......looking forward to ketosis!

That would be great thanks!
I can't remember what ketosis feels like- it's been so long since I last tried this diet. Feeling pretty good today- not hungry really.
How you guys feeling?
I'm finding it really easy to resist temptation so far- the office biscuit tin is right by my desk and I have managed to ignore it
On to day three!
Cush xx

Last edited:
Well no matter how motivated I get life throws me crap balls and off I fail :-( sorry ladies rubbish day at work hubby missed his train back from Paris suprise observations daughter had a bad day so stupid be turned to food sorry

Lis2811 I'm sorry you had such a bad day I hope you are feeling more positive today ?
I have a really bad relationship with food- last time I tried this I had days where I turned to food so I can empathise. I've realised that I only feel worse after comfort eating, so I remember that feeling when I'm tempted.
dust yourself off, put yesterday firmly behind you and start over.
You can do this- you haven't failed!
Cush xxx

What Cush said ^^^:thumbup:

Don't let a little slip go on any longer than one day, today is a new day get back on it!

How are you going so far Cush. I think I'm in the start of ketosis as I'm not feeling so hungry.

Hi. I'm on a vlcd as well. Day four for me. Pretty sure I'm now in ketosis as I'm not feeling hungry, but I am still fighting the 'need' to feed myself all sorts of rubbish foods. Physically I feel good, mentally I am battling that voice telling me to eat the old stuff I would pig out on. It's going to be a long ride for me.
I've done a vlcd before, and lost really well, but I didn't change my habits and went straight back to old ways, and the pounds piled on. This time I'm trying Paul McKenna as well, to see if he can retrain my brain!
Good luck with your journey. x

Hi Diet Duchess! I tried Paul McKenna, but I didn't really try hard enough with it, let us know how you get on.

Day 5 girls! how are we feeling?

Happy Friday ladies!!!
Feeling good. Not hungry anymore, having to set reminders to have my packs. Feel full of energy and determination. Ketosis is a funny thing.How you girls doing?
Cush xx

Been better today too cush! First time I've actually forgot about food. Hopefully tomorrow will be ok, I'm going to Sealife but will take a bar with me.

Ooh have a good time! Which one are you going to?
Glad your feeling good! Ketosis has arrived for us!
One of my friends did exante and she used to use tesco slim bars (i think that's what they are called)- I wonder if we can have those on slim and save?
I don't really fancy any of the sns flavours to be honest and would love a bar every now and then as a treat.
Anyway, have a great time!
Cush xx

Birmingham, swapped Tescos vouchers so it's free too. I'm not sure about the bars, tescos UltraSlim shakes are sky high in sugar so be careful with them. I didn't fancy the flavours but I had a taster pack and found I like ones I didn't think I would. Of all the slim and save products I would say they are the most filling so might be worth trying!

Hi ladies how did weigh in go? I lost 7.6lbs and nearly 9 inches.

Back