Slim and save short term?

LucyNewMum

Silver Member
Hi all merry Christmas :)

So I've done slim and save before, lost 1st 7lbs then spent a couple of months on and off. Finally realised needed something new and joined a rosemary conley class. So far lost 2 stone so weightloss to date 3st 7lbs. Had a little break over xmas so maybe a couples of lbs up. starting to faff around abit on this diet too lol.

Anyway i'm less than 2 stone from goal and I'm really tempted to give a slim and save another go, but last time after 5 100% weeks I kind of lost heart and couldn't get back into in properly. I have a months supply in the house so I suppose what im asking if what people think of doing slim and save for a short period of time? I'm the kind of person that gets bored with the same diet after a couple of months and this is the biggest success I've had spitting my loss with 2 diets.

Opinions an advice very welcome :D xx

I started my journey with Rosemary Conley. I love her plan and it suits me, and also going to the classes meant that I got off my bum at least once a week! I lost a total of 3 stone over about 18 months, but then had an op and was quite poorly afterwards. I don't know what changed but I just couldn't get back into it properly, and gained and lost the same stone a couple of times, ending up 2 stone lighter and a bit frustrated. I'm right there with you on the boredom front, without the results and the frustration, I just looked to "naughty" food to make me feel better. I did intend to return to Rosie at some point, but as I progress I am wondering more about carb intolerance, so it might not be the plan for me moving forward.

Can you do it for a month - my opinion would be yes totally - but with caveats - used as an alternative plan on a downward spiral of weight loss, I think it's totally fine. There is no suggestion of you doing what I don't think is fine, but just to say, if a month of loss is then gained again, then lost, then gained, I think it would be a very dangerous thing to yo-yo on. I know someone who does this on a different vlcd and it worries me! I too get bored and have usually sabotaged a plan by cheating (only cheating myself, I know!) but I've also found with S&S that I can "cheat" on plan by having additional protein/veg/packs and still staying on track. It's that psychological feeling of being a bit of a rebel that has helped me so far - thats something I'm working on with Beck, but I'm not there yet, so having those "cheats" is really helping me.

Sorry, that was a bit of a long winded way to say yes - go for it :)

Hi noodles thanks for the reply, I've read through some of your other posts you're doing so well :D

I agree rosemary conley is a great plan, it's so simple, I just get bored and love that initial excitement of a new diet. When I'm good I'm very good on a diet but when I'm bad I'm horrendous lol. I get what you mean about the yo yoing, I'm a little worried that after a month of vlcd I could binge and put the weigh back and end up going up and down but I think with a good plan in place I could transition back to rosemary conley. Also a little worried that if I went from 500 cals up to 1200 that I could gain, whereas I have been losing on the calorie amount at the moment.
I did love slim and save, I just started cheating and after a few weeks I was cheating alot. Once I had one little thing off plan that was it I pigged out all day not good lol. Really considering it for january.

Perhaps you could go back to rosemary conley once at goal but with a protein rich diet? On her new plan all the menu options have a protein choose. I think for maintenance its a great way to eat healthily :) thanks noodles and well done on your losses so far x

Back