Slim Fast??

Myaevesmummy

Hi all, only joined yesterday! Not sure where I belong really and would like some advice please. I started slim fast around 8 weeks ago and have lost a stone, going from 14 + to 12pm 13. I don't follow the slim fast plan to a tee, I don't eat the snacks and try to have a meal of 400 calories or less. Some days my calorie intake is well below 800 other days I hover around 1000. I have recently become alot more active because I have felt my fitness levels improve considerably, so on the days I do zumba or lots of walking then I tend to eat a bit more, however I unbelievably stayed the same this week :(. Is slim fast nutritionally complete enough for me to proceed with the low calorie intake ?? Thankyou :) Kate xxx

Hi :) I personally would follow slim fast as they suggest, if you are looking at a vlcd have you thought about one of the other diets like exante or lighter life, they are supposed to be nutritionally balanced whilst being low in calories.

Hi Kate

I always thought these types of diet are for short term weight loss. I have tried Slim Fast, Slimming World, Lighter Life, Weight Watchers, Herbal Life, Starvation, Calorie counting. I jus think that there are so many diets out there to suit so many different types of people. If it works for you - then it works. If you are in doubt about nutrition maybe a vitimin supplement might put your mind at ease.

I'm no expert, so maybe someone with more experience might be able to help :).

Hi ladies, thankyou for the quick replies! I have just researched exante online, looks very good and may be an option on my next pay day! Lol. Slim fast says one shake provides 1/3 of your daily nutrional needs, coupled with a healthy meal then I think I may be okay? I like how easy they are to buy and especially how cheap they are when on offer ! ( a pound a shake at asda sometimes!) thankyou for your help! Xx

hi kate im doing the lipotrim one i have lost 2 stone in three weeks then i took lastweek off to go one holiday i love LT its very straight forward and because its 3 shakes or soup or bars aday u dont have to worry about counting cals its 45 a week but personally i would have spend that in m&s on snacks this might suit u x gina

Hi ladies, thankyou for the quick replies! I have just researched exante online, looks very good and may be an option on my next pay day! Lol. Slim fast says one shake provides 1/3 of your daily nutrional needs, coupled with a healthy meal then I think I may be okay? I like how easy they are to buy and especially how cheap they are when on offer ! ( a pound a shake at asda sometimes!) thankyou for your help! Xx

Yep exante is what im on, its not bad value for money when you buy a bumper back, i lost 14lb in my first week and im 3 days into my 2nd week. it works out at £25 a week and i would spend more than that on food for myself anyway so im not losing anything by trying it :)

Welcome to the exante family then!

I think exante is better than slimfast because it hasn't got loads of sugar in it :D

Are you going to be doing TS or WS?

Back