Slim Fast??

Discussion in 'Very Low Calorie Diets' started by Myaevesmummy, 7 May 2011 Social URL.

Post New ThreadFind New
  1. Myaevesmummy

Myaevesmummy Full Member

Diet:
    Exante Total Solutions
    Hi all, only joined yesterday! Not sure where I belong really and would like some advice please. I started slim fast around 8 weeks ago and have lost a stone, going from 14 + to 12pm 13. I don't follow the slim fast plan to a tee, I don't eat the snacks and try to have a meal of 400 calories or less. Some days my calorie intake is well below 800 other days I hover around 1000. I have recently become alot more active because I have felt my fitness levels improve considerably, so on the days I do zumba or lots of walking then I tend to eat a bit more, however I unbelievably stayed the same this week :(. Is slim fast nutritionally complete enough for me to proceed with the low calorie intake ?? Thankyou :) Kate xxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Myaevesmummy

Myaevesmummy Full Member

Diet:
    Exante Total Solutions
    Sorry that was meant to say 12lbs 13! Xx

4. flab-buster

flab-buster Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    20st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi :) I personally would follow slim fast as they suggest, if you are looking at a vlcd have you thought about one of the other diets like exante or lighter life, they are supposed to be nutritionally balanced whilst being low in calories.

5. elizmelone

elizmelone Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Rosemary Conley
    Hi Kate

I always thought these types of diet are for short term weight loss. I have tried Slim Fast, Slimming World, Lighter Life, Weight Watchers, Herbal Life, Starvation, Calorie counting. I jus think that there are so many diets out there to suit so many different types of people. If it works for you - then it works. If you are in doubt about nutrition maybe a vitimin supplement might put your mind at ease.

I'm no expert, so maybe someone with more experience might be able to help :).

6. Myaevesmummy

Myaevesmummy Full Member

Diet:
    Exante Total Solutions
    Hi ladies, thankyou for the quick replies! I have just researched exante online, looks very good and may be an option on my next pay day! Lol. Slim fast says one shake provides 1/3 of your daily nutrional needs, coupled with a healthy meal then I think I may be okay? I like how easy they are to buy and especially how cheap they are when on offer ! ( a pound a shake at asda sometimes!) thankyou for your help! Xx

7. ginagee

ginagee Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st11lb
    Current Weight:
    17st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    lipotrim
    hi kate im doing the lipotrim one i have lost 2 stone in three weeks then i took lastweek off to go one holiday i love LT its very straight forward and because its 3 shakes or soup or bars aday u dont have to worry about counting cals its 45 a week but personally i would have spend that in m&s on snacks this might suit u x gina

8. elizmelone

elizmelone Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Rosemary Conley
    Liptrim is new to me. 2 stone in 3 weeks?? Wow! That's great!:)

9. flab-buster

flab-buster Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    20st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yep exante is what im on, its not bad value for money when you buy a bumper back, i lost 14lb in my first week and im 3 days into my 2nd week. it works out at £25 a week and i would spend more than that on food for myself anyway so im not losing anything by trying it :)

10. Myaevesmummy

Myaevesmummy Full Member

Diet:
    Exante Total Solutions
    Wow that's fantastic! Well done. I have decided to start Exante as of Monday! Xx

11. Blue Butterfly

Blue Butterfly Gold Member

Start Weight:
    24st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    6st10lb(27.41%)
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating/MFP
    Welcome to the exante family then!

I think exante is better than slimfast because it hasn't got loads of sugar in it :D

Are you going to be doing TS or WS?

12. anitaan

anitaan New Member

my sister also doing that. but too early to tell a result

13. staceyjd

staceyjd Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st4lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(10.22%)
    Diet:
    lipotrim
    hi ladies im on lipo trim this is my 2nd week i get weighed tomorrow i find it great and easy to follow i feel really optimistic about the future :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.