Slim for life

foodlover

So I did SW a long time ago, (6 years) successfully but since have put back on, lost with low carb, WW etc. now after a while off diet and getting married I'm back to trusty SW for life.

starting stats: height: 5ft 5.5 weight: 10st 10lbs

Target: 9st

I have quite a few events coming up so this may be slow but the aim is target by Xmas.

Am starting tomorrow so wish me luck!

Day 1 - Tues 30th green day

B: 30g All Bran golden crunch with skimmed milk

S: punnet of Blueberries
2 x coffee with skimmed milk

L: tomato and herb pasta and sauce (this used to be free so hopefully still is) with salad leaves
Another coffee

D: pasta with broccoli, cherry toms, red onion, pesto and little grated Parmesan cheese

HXB: all bran golden crunch
HXA: skimmed milk
HXA: Parmesan cheese
Syns: reduced fat pesto - about 4 syns I think + any for pasta n sauce

Any comments welcomed :)

Last edited:
Wednesday - day 2 Green

B: 2 x alpen light bar and coffee with skimmed milk

L: mixed salad from tesco fresh counter - cucumber, lettuce, toms, pasta, noodles, rice, little feta cheese, allowing 10 syns for any dressing/oils
1 litre of water
Coffee with skimmed milk

D: will be byriani made with onion, rice, herbs/spices, paste made from red wine vinegar, tom puree and curry powder, stock (knor) with split runner beans
Decaf tea and 4 all bran golden crunch bits

HXA: skimmed milk
HxA: feta cheese ( 4 small cubes)
HXB: 2 x alpen light bars
Syns: salad dressings 10 syns

Feeling good so far, need to increase fruit intake :)

Last edited:
Hello!

I too am trying to lose weight for wedding and am at similar weight and weight goal to you. Good luck with this....the incentive of 'all eyes on you'on your wedding is enough motivation (and pressure!) I'm finding!!

Food all looks very good, make sure you are snacking on fruit and veg too x

Hello!

I too am trying to lose weight for wedding and am at similar weight and weight goal to you. Good luck with this....the incentive of 'all eyes on you'on your wedding is enough motivation (and pressure!) I'm finding!!

Food all looks very good, make sure you are snacking on fruit and veg too x

Hi Maria, good for you. I did low carb for my wedding in May but its not sustainable for me. Good luck, do you have a diary?

Yes I find exactly the same, I feel hungry constantly without carbs! Well done for doing it though, must have been hard. I do have a diary, helps to keep me focused this time around 'my food diary :)' x

Day three - another green

B: couple of strawberries and alpen light lemon bar

S: coffee with skimmed milk and alpen light choc fudge

Another coffee

L: M&S pasta, sun dried toms, feta and spinach - guessing at around 10 again for any oil/dressing. Need to find free meals to buy when I'm out for work, too hot to carry lunch in bag all day.
M&s Sugar free cranberry lemonade

D: will be SW chips baked with onions and oregano, with egg and baked beans and lots and lots of water!

HXA: skimmed milk in coffee(s)
HXA: Feta
HXB: 2 x alpen light bars
Syns: oil/dressings 10

If anyone knows the exact syns for the M&S dish would love to know :)

Friday - red day

B: 30g all bran golden crunch with 100g strawberries and 50mls of semi-skimmed milk

Cup of decaff tea with dash of milk

S: rest of the punnet of strawberries

L: 2 x wholemeal bread (from 400g loaf), 2 slices of lean ham, 28g cheddar all toasted with mixed salad leaves and balsamic vinegar
Cup of coffee

Glass of Pepsi max, feeling hungry but trying to wait till dinner.

D: will be...chicken wrapped in prosciutto ham stuffed with around 50g Boursin cheese - 10 syns with roasted veg - butternut squash, red onion, carrot, courgette and asparagus

HXa: milk
HXA: cheddar
HXB: 2 x wholemeal
Syns: 10 for Boursin cheese

10 seems to be my syn count although have guessed the value of eating out items. If anyone can suggestions for food on the go I can buy in tesco extra/M&S/ coffee shops

Last edited:
Veggie sushi is very low from tesco or m&s....also sainsburys pot of roasted veg cous cous (huge amount for only 1 syn I think). Your dinner sounds lovely x

Veggie sushi is very low from tesco or m&s....also sainsburys pot of roasted veg cous cous (huge amount for only 1 syn I think). Your dinner sounds lovely x

Thanks, yes will look at sushi next week, cous cous sounds good too. Dinner was yum :)

Sat 3rd - green/might become Extra Easy

B: 2 x wholemeal (400g loaf) with half tin baked beans and 20g cheddar cheese

Coffee with dash of skimmed milk

L: cucumber slices, tomato slices, iceberg lettuce and another coffee THEN half a piece of rocky road which must be loads and loads but looked so nice and I really fancied it.

Going out for dinner tonight to an Italian so will prob lean towards green and pick a tomatoey pasta dish. Ok so dinner was as on plan as possible given the menu but did have a couple of glasses of wine with it - shouldn't have.

Not going to try and work out syns just back to it today and be good till weigh in Tuesday

Last edited:
Sunday - extra easy day

B: cheese and onion on toast
Decaf tea

L: chicken salad with low fat dressing (4 syns?)
Coffee

D: will be lamb shank roasted with red onion, carrot and herbs in some red wine (6 syns) with mash potato and split runner beans, put milk in the mash forgetting only had one HXA so suppose that's about 6 syns?

Hxb: 2 x wholemeal from 400g loaf
Syns: 16 - woops :-(

Hopefully that hasn't ruined the start of the week....will see Tuesday. Have already planned tomorrow;

Monday, day 7 Green

B: 25g porridge oats with 100ml fat free nat yog and frozen berries.
100g blueberries

L: inspired by the SW mag made a rice salad with Mexican mixed beans, peppers and tomato

D: pasta bake, sauce made from tined tomato, garlic, red pepper, basil and few sun dried toms with grated cheddar

Last edited:
So day 7, food so far as planned off home to make dinner after an hour of body pump, hopefully that will get rid of some of Sat's syns. Don't feel any slimmer tho, quite bloated but then it's that time :) will see in the morning, summary for today;

HXA: milk in coffee
Hxb: porridge
Syns: few Sundried tomatoes (oil all drained off) suppose about 4?

So week one summary - 5 green days, 1 red and 1 EE and have lost 2 pounds am quite happy with that after Saturday evening going off plan.

So week 2: Weight 10st 8lbs

Tuesday 6th - EE day

B: 100g blueberries and a nettle tea followed by (a couple of hours later) 2 x wholemeal toast (400g loaf) with 3 scrambled eggs made with little milk and a coffee

L: rest of the rice bean salad (peppers, tomato, mixed beans, rice) with salad leaves

D: chilli made with ex lean mince, tined toms, celery, carrot, onion and spices with rice and salad leaves. Little low fat sour cream and chive dip - 3 syns

HXA: milk
Hxb: 2 x wholemeal bread
Syns: 3 dip

Last edited:
Wednesday 7th - green/EE

B: 2 x alpen light bar with coffee
Litre of water

L: couscous, chick peas, roasted veg and hallumi salad. Another coffee

D: will be whilst working so not sure yet...just have to pick something healthy

Thanks, I should have been better on Sat and it might have been more. How you doing?

You're going in the right direction though! I stayed the same this week, which is quite demotivating but am trying to stay focused and keep with it. I dont know whether it is me being on the EE plan rather than red and green days or perhaps because I had quite a large weight loss the week before. Oh well...hopefully next week x

You're going in the right direction though! I stayed the same this week, which is quite demotivating but am trying to stay focused and keep with it. I dont know whether it is me being on the EE plan rather than red and green days or perhaps because I had quite a large weight loss the week before. Oh well...hopefully next week x

Yeah I know, just need to stick with it and be good! Lol good luck for this week.

Thursday - Red day

B: 30g all bran golden crunch
Bottle of water and 3 coffees - that's too many!

L: smoked salmon on wholemeal bread
Can of diet coke

D: will be chicken fajita style but just with salad. Low fat sour cream and chive dip - 5 syns
Water, water, water

HXA: milk
Hxb: all bran golden crunch
Hxb: wholemeal bread
Syns: 5

So...this week need less coffee, more water and lots of fruit.

Last edited:
Back